Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blu Ray

Default Re: Pink Floyd 1970-1980

How did the specific criteria in the OP get turned into artists entire discographies?

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    to the people who bash on the early floyd-
    "atomheat mother" and "meddle" both contain plenty of miscues, but plenty of classic tunes. and where the eff is "ummagumma" on that list???

you 'syd fans' are some of the most amazing hypocrites i've ever heard. when discussing great rock, alterna-rock, art-rock, or any other form of rock, you people are never to be found and never to be heard from.

yet when discussing pink floyd greatness, there's always a couple of you cockroaches scurrying out of the woodwork, trying to put other people down over nothing.

FACT: i own the entire pink floyd catalogue, most of it on vinyl, and the syd barrett stuff is without a doubt the weakest material they ever recorded. at best, it sounds like 3rd-rate 60's psychadelic music.

if one was actually interested in hearing the best of 60's psychadelia, one could always tune in to free internet radio:
    http://www.techwebsound.com/
    What in that post makes you think I'm a "syd fan" and where did I put anyone down?

The real annoying thing about music discussion is when vinyl-guy comes in with his previously formed opinions and insists on posting one, regardless of whether it applies or not.

Blu Ray

"atomheat mother" and "meddle" both contain plenty of miscues, but plenty of classic tunes. and where the eff is "ummagumma" on that list???

you 'syd fans' are some of the most amazing hypocrites i've ever heard. when discussing great rock, alterna-rock, art-rock, or any other form of rock, you people are never to be found and never to be heard from.

yet when discussing pink floyd greatness, there's always a couple of you cockroaches scurrying out of the woodwork, trying to put other people down over nothing.

FACT: i own the entire pink floyd catalogue, most of it on vinyl, and the syd barrett stuff is without a doubt the weakest material they ever recorded. at best, it sounds like 3rd-rate 60's psychadelic music.

if one was actually interested in hearing the best of 60's psychadelia, one could always tune in to free internet radio:
    http://www.techwebsound.com/

EDIT- BTW, yes there is nobody in the history of rock who came close to outdoing the beatles over ten years. even better was their five-year span from about 1965-1970... simply staggering in output, creativity and sheer excellence.
    Because Ummagumma was released in 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    How did the specific criteria in the OP get turned into artists entire discographies?
    LOL, This is ISH, sooner or later Kobe will somehow be mentioned.

FCN
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Well it came out in '69 and he was only listing '70s. However, since the last on his list is '79, that '69 release could be included and it still fits the 10-year span rule.

Quote Originally Posted by FCN
    Well it came out in '69 and he was only listing '70s. However, since the last on his list is '79, that '69 release could be included and it still fits the 10-year span rule.
    That would be 11 years actually.

FCN

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    That would be 11 years actually.
    You're right. I r not smart.

Missing brain cells from too many years of doing things I shouldn't have been doing, while listening to Pink Floyd, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FCN
    You're right. I r not smart.

Missing brain cells from too many years of doing things I shouldn't have been doing, while listening to Pink Floyd, lol.
    Not your fault, the OP is wrong too, lol.

Won Avy Bet

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    LOL, This is ISH, sooner or later Kobe will somehow be mentioned.

yo i'll take this joint over any other artist's 10 year output.

shit is straight wet yo.

FCN

I just won this thread.

Buckethead:

[LIST=1][*]Somewhere Over the Slaugtherhouse -2001[*]Funnel Weaver -2001[*]Bermuda Triangle -2002[*]Electric Tears -2002[*]Bucketheadland 2 -2003[*]Island of Lost Minds -2003[*]Population Overdrive -2004[*]The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell -2004[*]Enter The Chicken -2005[*]Kaleidoscalp -2005[*]Inbred Mountain -2005[*]The Elephant Mans Alarm Clock -2006[*]Crime Slunk Scene -2006[*]Pepper's Ghost -2007[*]Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot -2007[*]Cyborg Slunks -2007[*]Albino Slug -2008[*]Slaughterhouse on the Prairie -2009[*]A Real Diamond in the rough -2009[*]Forensic Follies -2009[*]Needle in a Slunk Stack -2009[*]Shadows Between the sky -2010[*]Spinal Clock -2010[/LIST]

Of course Buckethead, while awesome, is not "better" than The Beatles, but the sheer volume of his album output the past 10 years beats them.

Id personally say the Beatles run was better. They were so good in the 60s that its almost not fair.

FCN

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Id personally say the Beatles run was better. They were so good in the 60s that its almost not fair.
    Well yeah, but I was talking about just volume; who's put out the most albums in a 10 year span. Not sure how the OP intended it to be but on this comparison I am not taking quality into account at all.

In any case, I was the first to mention The Beatles, so I win the thread regardless =P

I do wonder if this 23 albums in 10 years by Buckethead can be beaten though. Has anyone put out more than that in 10 years?

I didn't direct that post towards you I meant it towards the OP and thread in general. I don't think I've ever even listened to Buckethead.

Blu Ray

I didn't direct that post towards you I meant it towards the OP and thread in general. I don't think I've ever even listened to Buckethead.
    Nor should you.

FCN

One of his better songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adV8-_hgL4g