Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: LOL We Got 2nd Pick

There was an interesting interview with Rich Cho on the radio Fri. He talked about how the rebuilding went with OKC. After taking Durant at #2 they only won 20 games. Then they take Westbrook in the draft and start the season 3-29 with Westbrook leading the league in turnovers. They ended up winning 23 games and back in the lottery. His point was that it takes some time with young players.

Local High School Star

Patience, and luck will be the most important factors in us rebuilding. If we were to go out and throw some money at some good free agents there is a good chance we will be right back where we were at contending for an 8 seed every year, which is purgatory. Keep drafting young talent, and then when the time is right strike at some good free agents. For now I'm content with spending whatever the minimum is allowed by the league and just continuously shedding bad contracts and getting good draft picks.

Good college starter

I'm hearing the Cats might take Thomas Robinson from Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    I'm hearing the Cats might take Thomas Robinson from Kansas.
    He and MKG seem to be the ones most mentioned at #2 right now.

i realllyyyy hope we take MKG, that guy's work ethic and leadership abilities will be critical in developing this young team

call me crazy but i think robinson and gilchrist will both be better players than anthony davis

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    i realllyyyy hope we take MKG, that guy's work ethic and leadership abilities will be critical in developing this young team

call me crazy but i think robinson and gilchrist will both be better players than anthony davis

I'm starting to feel that way too. Maybe we're both crazy.

You've been 'Smacked!

I'm finding myself more & more in Robinson's camp. I've been trying not to fall in love with anyone, but his drive and toughness is sorely needed.

Local High School Star

No telling what in the hell we will do on draft night. Could keep the pick (becoming unlikely). Trade back, trade for another player (James Harden and Rudy Gay rumors flying around). Should be a fun night.

Dooood...I'd be so happy if we got Harden. Honestly, I wouldn't care if we lost 70 games next year. I love Harden.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    Dooood...I'd be so happy if we got Harden. Honestly, I wouldn't care if we lost 70 games next year. I love Harden.

harden ? not bad but i think mkg or barnes can be better than harder...

Well...what if we got Harden, then traded the 31st and some other stuff to get back in the early teens or single digit picks?

You've been 'Smacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmeh
    Ditto. IMO landing Harden out of that 2nd pick would be like winning the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by ~spectre~
    Ditto. IMO landing Harden out of that 2nd pick would be like winning the lottery.

I think Rudy Gay would be a better fit, but his contract is a behemoth.

You've been 'Smacked!

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I think Rudy Gay would be a better fit, but his contract is a behemoth.
    In regards to "fit" and "need" you're probably right, but after a 7 win season I don't think those come into it very much. Henderson might break out but he might not. Hardin's odds of being that go to guy are much higher plus he'll help distribute the ball (fit going the other way...it'd help Kemba and the team overall). He also is a 3 point threat...39% this past season.

I like Gay, but there's just something about him (other than the horrendous contract!) that tells me he's just not the guy. I'm not going to dismiss him, but it's there regardless.

After Hardin's performance last night I'm not so sure we should trade the pick, lol. Dick Vitale said this morning that Thomas Robinson was the most NBA ready pick in the draft. I'm curious to see how he and Drummond work out on Friday.