Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz

Goggins produced the best moment in the history of this show. I don't know if it'd count but he better put it on his Emmy reel.

My mind was blown. A cameo from Tommy Merlotte too . Other than that, I thought it was a weak episode. The sheriff's wife getting shot and them 2 appearing saved it for me tho.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

At least they didn't have some dumbass GTA chase scene with shitty music playing over it

Welp, I'm really fcking bored right now. Normally, I'd be watching episodes of Sons at this hour, but I'm all caught up. Today was actually the first time I got to watch it "live". So, naturally I'm just looking up a bunch of sht relating to SOA. I'll share.

see her naked here

Here's Opie in Saved by the Bell

Here is Chibbs in Braveheart and Gladiator

The scars are real. He got them from some ruthless thugs outside a bar where he DJ'ed.

Anyone notice Juice's weight loss? I was worried he got the "big c" or something. Fortunately he's just appearing in a movie titled, Meth Heads. Guess that explains it.

Here is Ron Pearlman in Miami Vice and Beauty & the Beast

Bobby Munson started out in the business as a stand-up comedian with his close friend, Steve Buscemi. Here's a vid

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/09/20-...-didnt-know/4/

Half-Sack just commited suicide after killing his landlord.

This new member of the cast actually tried suing FX not long ago claiming he came to them with the idea for Sons of Anarchy. Supposedly he used to be president of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang. My Uncle is actually doing a life bid for these guys, but that's another story.
    Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz; 10-10-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Overall not a bad episode, besides the ridiculous scene where we learn that destroying somebody's face with your seriously injured hand helps decrease its swelling.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

That guy was a Hells Angels president of the NYC chapter. His name is Chuck Zito. He used to be on Howard Stern all the time. And he was a regular at Scores to the point where they used to joke that he could get things there for dinner that weren't on the menu. Howard used to say Scores had the best steak in NYC, but only if you went with Chuck.

He also made tabloids when he allegedly beat the hell out of Jean Claude Van Damme outside of some club, which you may or may not believe. My father is not a rider, but he is a great bike builder, and friends with a great many Hells Angels, mostly in CT, but a lot from NY too, and he's met Zito on more than one occasion.

I'm always intrigued when actors have real scars and they're forced to put their existence into the stories. Chibbs' allegedly came from that IRA guy over his wife and daughter IIRC.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    He also made tabloids when he allegedly beat the hell out of Jean Claude Van Damme outside of some club, which you may or may not believe.
    I believe it. JCVD is a fairly small dude who knows movie martial arts that is not effective for actual fighting. Essentially, he is a gymnast.

Opie was also the big dumb guy (Lump) in The Ladykillers.

That guy was a Hells Angels president of the NYC chapter. His name is Chuck Zito. He used to be on Howard Stern all the time. And he was a regular at Scores to the point where they used to joke that he could get things there for dinner that weren't on the menu. Howard used to say Scores had the best steak in NYC, but only if you went with Chuck.

He also made tabloids when he allegedly beat the hell out of Jean Claude Van Damme outside of some club, which you may or may not believe. My father is not a rider, but he is a great bike builder, and friends with a great many Hells Angels, mostly in CT, but a lot from NY too, and he's met Zito on more than one occasion.

Interesting. Never knew any of that. I just thought of him as the Italian mobster from OZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I believe it. JCVD is a fairly small dude who knows movie martial arts that is not effective for actual fighting. Essentially, he is a gymnast.

Opie was also the big dumb guy (Lump) in The Ladykillers.

I believe JCVD was a world champion kickboxer, so even at a size disadvantage, I'd think he'd be able to hold his own. And Zito isn't huge. He's a big guy, probably uses steroids, but it's not like he's a 6-6 monster. It's also possible that VD was inebriated.

I know Opie mostly as Gary Bertier, the sort of racist white kid who overcomes his racism because of his love for football in Remember The Titans, only to get cripled in a car accident before the big game.

I believe JCVD was a world champion kickboxer, so even at a size disadvantage, I'd think he'd be able to hold his own. And Zito isn't huge. He's a big guy, probably uses steroids, but it's not like he's a 6-6 monster. It's also possible that VD was inebriated.
    Ah, wasn't aware of that. Still, that was probably a long time ago when he trained for actual fighting. He isn't exactly youthful anymore (and maybe drunk at the time as you said). When did that guy beat him up?

Ah, wasn't aware of that. Still, that was probably a long time ago when he trained for actual fighting. He isn't exactly youthful anymore (and maybe drunk at the time as you said). When did that guy beat him up?
    The problem is a fight is usually something that breaks out quickly in a small space, rather than somethign set up. I doubt Van Dam would see it coming, be ready, and then a fight would begin. More likely the guy just grabbed him.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The problem is a fight is usually something that breaks out quickly in a small space, rather than somethign set up. I doubt Van Dam would see it coming, be ready, and then a fight would begin. More likely the guy just grabbed him.
    Also, it is not regulated by rules like kickboxing.

All that is perfectly reasonable. Could be he figured it was better to take a couple shots from this guy than to hit him and wind up dealing with a ton of other bikers, who knows. Frankly the story is something of an urban legend mostly run out by Howard Stern.

Here's a set of links about it. Just sifting through, you can read he was drunk, he was sucker punched, and any other variety of versions of it. But there's enough out there to believe that something happened.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s....1.rZvPB1xSjUs

Also, it is not regulated by rules like kickboxing.
    My one jail (brief) stay was because this 18 years old who was a good 6/7 inches taller than me wouldn't leave alone one of my students (a 10 yr old who was slow). He was willing to "fight" me. Our "fight" consisted of me hitting him from behind with a pipe once and watching him bleed on the ground.

"Fights" don't show who is tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    My one jail (brief) stay was because this 18 years old who was a good 6/7 inches taller than me wouldn't leave alone one of my students (a 10 yr old who was slow). He was willing to "fight" me. Our "fight" consisted of me hitting him from behind with a pipe once and watching him bleed on the ground.

"Fights" don't show who is tougher.