Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Argue till your lungs explode but Bron don't have a chance in hell to win the MVP

so wrong.
    I say 50 wins and he has a shot (not a great shot, but a shot nonetheless).
    they just need to go 16-6 the rest of the way.

get this:
    Cavs only have 2 remaining away games against winning teams

16-6 is very very achievable.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Default Re: Argue till your lungs explode but Bron don't have a chance in hell to win the MVP.

i'm hoping Kobe gets it so he can be jinxed in the playoffs.

Bron is not popular amongst EPSN fans.

I love LAaaaaaaaaaaa! Lakers Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Argue till your lungs explode but Bron don't have a chance in hell to win the MVP

Just common sense homie. Paul and Kobe are leading their teams to much better records in a real conference against real teams. What are the Cavs record against team with a record above .500?

Reported

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Delete thread, please.

My lungs are already about to explode. Has anyone else caught this vicious flu that is going around? Damn... I can barely move. Had to call off work two days in a row.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James and Kobe Bryant C0 MVP of the regular season

I personally think Kobe will win it and does deserve it. Though, I would like to point out that the Cavs would be in the West playoffs if you were looking at the winning percentage of games he is actually in. They are 34-19 in games LeBron played in (this excludes the Pistons game where he didn't play in the 2nd half). That would be .640 which would give them the 6th best record in the West. Yes, I know its not amazing, but my point is that its not as bad as people imply.

I love LAaaaaaaaaaaa! Lakers Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Maybe they should just divorce their current partners and get married. Seriously...
    My bet is Obama would be on the inside when they spoon.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Kobe Bryant doesn't like sharing. no way will he accept a CO MVP with LeBron graciously.

Let Kobe Jordan have his MVP, it's the Finals Trophy i'm concerned about.

If Kobe had won two years ago then I'd say that LeBron should get it this year. But since Kobe didnt and its become clear that the award is based more on being the best player on an elite team than being the overall best player in the league, I'd say that Kobe should get it this year. Wouldn't be fair imo if all of a sudden they switched up the criteria for MVP, despite Lebron's amazing year. Dude is young, he'll get a few MVPs down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob Saibot

Let Kobe Jordan have his MVP, it's the Finals Trophy i'm concerned about.
    I'm pretty sure that's what most elite players are concerned about.

Kobe's got a few external advantages(better team, record, etc.) to help out his MVP case. The fact that he's pretty much operating at a high level with 9 fingers adds to this.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Fan
    My bet is Obama would be on the inside when they spoon.

Yes We Can!

It would be great, but there has never been a co -mvp for the regular season, and I dont think they will start now. Fans just need to keep things in perspective thats all. I dont care if Kobe or Lebron get it, it's not like that helps the Lakers or Cavs win a title or anything.

The NBA will prob choose Paul so they can cop out and not choose between the two best players

Saw a basketball once FrankBrickowski's Avatar

I think there are a few deserving candidates. In fact, in some instances it may be too close to call. For this reason I submit the idea that the criteria be changed to a "less is more" stance, and shock the world with your new MVP Eddy "Butter in my Coffee" Curry

Decent playground baller catquickspider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    For the first time in the history of the NBA i personally think that the NBA Should give the awards to these 2 great NBA players because they are playing one of the best rivalry of all time, and i do not want to see their fans argue at the end of the season because i personally think that both of them are playing on a higher level that are far Superior than the last 4 MVP Winners in the NBA.
    what I am wondering is why lebron should not be penalized for a mediocre record in a weak conference? Why should the MVP criteria be changed all of a sudden?

Local High School Star ChrisConley's Avatar

LeBron can't win MVP. His team will not get enough wins. It doesn't matter what kind of stats he puts up because the definition of MVP in this day and age is best player on a top team. I think this makes sense too. If you play on a garbage team, and you are a top tier player, of course you will put up better stats than if you have other great players on your team. If LeBron dragged his sorry team to 50 wins then he might have an argument (like AI when he won it). But that won't happen, so he's not really even in the race no matter what Kelly Dwyer says.

The only two players in contention in my eyes are Kobe and Chris Paul. But Paul gets no press so I think Kobe will win in a landslide. However, I think Paul is having a more impressive season than Kobe, so I vote for Paul.

Though I support Paul, if Kobe won I'd be just as happy. He really does deserve it and I think he should have won at least one by now so he's due. I'm not saying that's why he should win it (he should win it b/c he's playing amazing and his team is on fire), just saying I'd love it if he did because he should have at least one by now.