Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Javale McGee breaking out this year

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan

Whether seraphin is better than McGee or not has no barring on this discussion. Now if you want to change the topic to "reasons why Washington traded mcgee" we can do that

It's bearing not barring.

Anyway my point was that i don't hate McGee as a player but i have heard this song and dance from idiotic fans before. Lakers fans were saying that all Kwame needed was a change of scenery and he would break out. I remember guys saying he would average 15/8 with the Lakers

McGee is better than Kwame was but it is the same story. McGee is soft and clueless and that isn't going to change just because he got traded. He will have some big games to make you think he will be special but it just isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Karl seemed to have him playing pretty disciplined.
    I watched him live once and he seemed a different player.
    Not saying he will become a star, but my post stands:
    He played better as time went on at Denver.

I agree with your sentiments on Seraphin. Which leads me to ask why they took on Oak and Nene, and didnt rebuild with young guys.
    To keep John Wall happy?

Nene i can understand because they didn't have any quality vets. Okafor/Ariza for Lewis was a crap deal IMO. Okafor doesn't bring much they didn't already have and Ariza sucks. Not to mention that it kills their cap space for the next two years.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    It's bearing not barring.

Oh Ok, thanks so much!!!!

George Karl on McGee;

He’s got to understand that lazy and crazy isn’t going to make it work,” Karl said. “We want solid and we want fundamental, and we want spectacular but only when it happens, not forcing the action where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

So much for his breakout year.
    Last edited by tontoz; 02-08-2013 at 08:30 AM.

But lazy and crazy is exactly why we love watching him in the first place!

He's not lazy. He's just a bit strange and like that whole washington team, occasionally their fundamentals confuse them.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He's not lazy. He's just a bit strange and like that whole washington team, occasionally their fundamentals confuse them.
    this

and karl is known for throwing people in the dog house without any good reason. See JR Smith

i'm fine with Kosta starting. He's also a beast. But McGee should get at least 25mpg

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    this

and karl is known for throwing people in the dog house without any good reason. See JR Smith

i'm fine with Kosta starting. He's also a beast. But McGee should get at least 25mpg
    did you call kosta koufos whos averaging 7/6 a beast?

yes

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

George Karl on McGee;

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

So much for his breakout year.
    thats ok. we will take the more talented, less injured, younger, cheaper player.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    thats ok. we will take the more talented, less injured, younger, cheaper player.

Strange that the Nuggets are 6.7 pts worse when that player is in the game.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12DEN14.HTM#onoff

I remember you were that idiot who said that McGee was a different player with the Nuggets. Looks like Karl disagrees. "Crazy and lazy" is exactly why the Wizards got rid of him.

Now the Nuggets are paying $11 million per year for a 19 minute per game backup.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Strange that the Nuggets are 6.7 pts worse when that player is in the game.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12DEN14.HTM#onoff

I remember you were that idiot who said that McGee was a different player with the Nuggets. Looks like Karl disagrees. "Crazy and lazy" is exactly why the Wizards got rid of him.

Now the Nuggets are paying $11 million per year for a 19 minute per game backup.
    Denver is clearly trying to develop him. I disagree with it because he's never going to be a high IQ player and he was stuck in Washington playing retard ball for his entire career. I say just let him off the leash.

McGee has been alot better in Denver. EVERYONE see's that. Announcers, coaching staff, even alot of Wizards fans have said that from what I've seen. I don't think we've faced a team since we've had him that hasn't commented on that.

He's a 19mpg back up who averages 10/5 + 2 blocks a game on 56% shooting and is right up there for the lead in dunks. He'll be 25 years old to start the season next year, would not surprise me one bit to see that 19 minutes go up too 25 and than maybe the year after that hit 28-30. That's why Denver paid him, clearly see him as a piece going forward.

Nuggets didn't have a choice so I'll never be upset. We paid Nene big bucks and he's injury prone as f*ck and just doesn't want to utilize all his talent every night. I'm sure teams weren't lined up to take him off our hands. We got a young center who's dumb as bricks but gives it his all every time he's on the court and has some of the best physical tools in the entire league. Haven't took a step back without Nene and we get to roll the dice to see what we can get out of McGee, which if you look at the L.A Lakers vs Nuggets playoff series last year was alot

The only difference between McGee now and last year is that now he plays more against backups. That is all. McGee averaged 12/9 with the Wizards last year.

His only real improvement has been foul shooting while his rebounding is way down.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

The only difference between McGee now and last year is that now he plays more against backups. That is all. McGee averaged 12/9 with the Wizards last year.

His only real improvement has been foul shooting while his rebounding is way down.
    Hmm .. Karl plays him all on situations depending on matchups and how everybody else is doing? I hate Karl's rotations but McGee will finish games against starters sometimes or he'll play against the bench.

He's taking 2 less shots with the Nuggets this year. Playing on a team that right now has home court advantage as opposed to what? How many games did the Wizards win on average when he was putting up numbers? Not to mention he was a HUGE factor in Denver pushing L.A to 7 games last year. Everybody seen the potential when he could put it together. He had some big games, and other games where he wasn't as good he still found a way to leave an impact.

He's shooting more efficiently, FT's are up. Still averaging double digit points and 2 blocks a game. Rebounding is down, obviously because he's playing like 8-9 less minutes a game. No doubt that's also why his mistakes are down and clearly what George Karl is trying to achieve. Put him on a leash and try to teach him. I dunno if it'll work but 2 years from now is when the questions will really be answered, if he's still the 20 minute back up that changes momentum or if he's starting and putting it together.

McGee is obviously a project. His post games looks better this year after working with Hakeem, still doesn't know how to use it and rushes things but he's knocked down a jumper or two. He's still making an impact right now and you hope with some good coaching a year or two down the line he'll be ready for more minutes on a competitive team, not the Wizards of the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    McGee is obviously a project. His post games looks better this year after working with Hakeem, still doesn't know how to use it and rushes things but he's knocked down a jumper or two.

His post game was good last year with the Wizards. His jump hook was almost automatic and he was starting to use a drop step with some effectiveness. But he was a black hole and still is.

The Nuggets obviously have better spacing than the Wizards which should give him more opportunities but his offense wasn't the problem. His horrible defensive awareness was the problem.