View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #19
UK2K
NBA Legend

Default Re: Angela Merkel admits German NO-GO zones are 'a REALITY'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastis
yes.but poverty is relative. in germany the state pays every unemployed man his rent, free health care, free day care, school etc, for every child he gets 240€ andat the end 500€ social help... so of course he is poor, but he is still better than any american poor. and with more immigration and more transition of working poor from eastern europe our welfare state cant withstand this. 2 weeks ago there was a story in the newspapers about a syrian refugee who has 3 wifes and 10 children. his rent was paid by the state and all in all the state paid 7.000€ a month for this family. a slap in the face for every working german, no doubt

That's my biggest issue.

When you live in a country of 330 million, there are undoubtedly going to be a small, but numerically large, portion of people who will exploit the system.

There's a reason refugees from the ME, fleeing violence and conflict, bypass several 'safe' countries in order to get to Germany; and what you are seeing now is what happens when the numbers of takers start to overwhelm the number of providers.

Nearly half of this country doesn't pay federal income tax.

Quote:
A Pew Research Center analysis of IRS data from 2015, the most recent available, shows that taxpayers with incomes of $200,000 or more paid well over half (58.8%) of federal income taxes, though they accounted for only 4.5% of all returns filed (6.8% of all taxable returns).

By contrast, taxpayers with incomes below $30,000 filed nearly 44% of all returns but paid just 1.4% of all federal income tax – in fact, two-thirds of the nearly 66 million returns filed by people in that lowest income tier owed no tax at all. (The IRS tax data used here are estimates based on a stratified probability sample of all returns.)

Quote:
Nearly all income tiers above $100,000 paid higher shares of total income tax in 2015 than they did in 2000 (though the shares for many high-income groups fell in the early 2000s, following enactment of major tax cuts in 2001 and 2003). For example, the $2 million-and-higher group paid 20.4% of all tax in 2015, up from 17.2% in 2000. The share for the $200,000-to-under-$500,000 group rose to 20.6% from 14.9%.

California has some of the most liberal polices in the country; they also have one of the highest income disparities and the highest population of homeless anywhere.

I don't mind safety nets. I don't mind helping people who wish to help themselves.

But these days, those people are few and far between. My fiance was up until 11:30pm on Wednesday making a user profile for some girl for her new job (that she was supposed to start Thursday morning) who, for whatever reason, couldn't make her profile herself.

Thursday morning rolls around, and the girl just straight up doesn't show for work. No call, no show the first day on the job. My fiance called her, and the excuse was 'my boyfriend (who is also looking for a job) and I were trying to have a baby'.

What in the **** for?

But, since we can't legislate these people from making stupid choices, we have to suffer the consequences of them.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote