Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

Elite anchor?

Put the pipe down man.

Well, if you wanna be dumb, you go and be. Asik is probably a top 5 defensive center. If you can't see that, then you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Noah isn't anything special, either. He got overpaid, too. Meanwhile we gave a superior version of him away for free.99 (Tyson Chandler)

Chandler is not better than Noah, at anything. Ehh, he's a pure center and more of an anchor, so I guess he's better there.

Noah is the better defender, I feel. Better shot-blocker, very good passer, more all-around, can play PF (might even be one), equal rebounder, better offensive player with ease and very serviceable in that regard.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 10-18-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Chandler is not better than Noah, at anything.
    He's clearly a superior athlete. Better pick and roll player, better interior defender / shot blocker. Same level in terms of rebounding. Yes, Chandler is better. Chandler is the main reason why the Mavericks went from stiff playoff competition to NBA champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    He's clearly a superior athlete. Better pick and roll player, better interior defender / shot blocker. Same level in terms of rebounding. Yes, Chandler is better. Chandler is the main reason why the Mavericks went from stiff playoff competition to NBA champion.

I'll give him interior defender, but he's not a better shot-blocker. Chandler has never been a particularly good shot-blocker. Noah is better.

But you're right, he is the better athlete. As far as the pick n' roll, I wouldn't agree. I'm not saying Noah is better, but I don't necessarily think Chandler is either.

Noah is also 3 years younger. And I do think he's the better player. On defense, he reminds me a little of KG and a lot of Davis. I think he's better suited to being given full roaming license on the defensive end. I like him as more of a PF/C combo than as an actual C...main reason why, if I'm the Bulls, I do everything to trade for Al Horford.

Well, if you wanna be dumb, you go and be. Asik is probably a top 5 defensive center. If you can't see that, then you're an idiot.
    I dont know about Go Getter but i have access to watch all of his games for free without having to see them through some shitty quality channel on the internet.

He has potential but he has A LOT to learn... like catching passes..

i wish him the best but i'm just letting you know unless McHale do some kind of miracle, Asik isn't going to reach your expectations anytime soon
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 10-18-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    I dont know about Go Getter but i have access to watch all of his games for free without having to see them through some shitty quality channel on the internet.

He has potential but he has A LOT to learn... like catching passes...

Of course, but that was what I said in my original post. He could end up being even the 2nd best defensive C in the league. Certainly should end up top 5. And if he can simply catch a pass (which I think should he is already improving) then he should be fine.

Regardless, the level of defense he played for the Bulls, spread out over 30min (which is not easy, I understand) is certainly worth his contract.

Banned

I'll give him interior defender, but he's not a better shot-blocker. Chandler has never been a particularly good shot-blocker. Noah is better.

But you're right, he is the better athlete. As far as the pick n' roll, I wouldn't agree. I'm not saying Noah is better, but I don't necessarily think Chandler is either.

Noah is also 3 years younger. And I do think he's the better player. On defense, he reminds me a little of KG and a lot of Davis. I think he's better suited to being given full roaming license on the defensive end. I like him as more of a PF/C combo than as an actual C...main reason why, if I'm the Bulls, I do everything to trade for Al Horford.
    Agree, Horford would do wonders for the Bulls. And yes, he is a PF. We have no choice, because we don't have a center that can spread the floor. Nazr can definitely do that, but he's not starter material.

Banned

I'm torn between Chandler and Noah. Chandler is by far the better rim protector. Where as Noah is the better defender hedging off picks and having to guard guards/forwards. Overall, Noah is much more versatile defensively, and is a much better player on the offensive side. Chandler is better on the pick n roll though. You really can't go wrong with either player.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    I'm torn between Chandler and Noah. Chandler is by far the better rim protector. Where as Noah is the better defender hedging off picks and having to guard guards/forwards. Overall, Noah is much more versatile defensively, and is a much better player on the offensive side. Chandler is better on the pick n roll though. You really can't go wrong with either player.

Chandler is a true center. Noah isn't. A guy like Horford is a combo PF/C himself. They played together in Flordia. Horford can handle the post, while Noah is given the license to roam around.

He's not a rim protector.

Boozer being a star in Utah is an intresting way of remembering it. All I remember in Utah is a certain point guard and a certain flex offense covering up Boozer's many weaknesses and his lack of effort.

Banned

Chandler is a true center. Noah isn't. A guy like Horford is a combo PF/C himself. They played together in Flordia. Horford can handle the post, while Noah is given the license to roam around.

He's not a rim protector.
    I know. That's why Noah is he better all around defender. He's lighter and more agile. Where as Tyson has a true centers frame, and can command the paint better.