Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: What a difference exercise makes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Shaving your balls every few days. Naired your butthole. Losing a bunch of weight. You're definitely having an affair.

Possibly with a man?

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    If you have worked out you will be burning calories while resting aswell... musclemass burns alot of calories to just sustain its volume and you burn calories because of repair aswell...
    Adding muscle to burn more calories is overrated. Doesn't do shit, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I've been having my balls since I was 17, but now. My wife actually asked me the other day "Are you f*cking around on me?"

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

conan excercising so he can go slam somebody through a box baby

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I can't run at 12 minutes straight. I'll run at like 5-6 mins, then rest walk for about 2-3 minutes then pump it back up again. Don't feel bad about running the whole freakin' time. They keep is to keep the heart-rate up and not just shut it down. You'll feel a lot better if you go for 30-60 minutes of running mostly then walking in-between. Usually I'll run at 6-8MPH for about 5 minutes, then walk for 1-2 minutes in between that. I tried 10MPH yesterday which is the max and I can't keep up with it yet. I did it for 25 seconds and I was like' F*ck, f*ck, f*ck" and turned it down with the quickness because I was going to lose control and fall of the treadmill.
    How can't u run 12 mins straight? Do ur legs get really tired feeling or by that point is ur heart rate really high wher u feel winded?

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

The past 3 weeks I did 5 days a week 2 miles a day. I stopped last week and haven't picked up yet. I will tomorrow. I've cut back on drinking regular pop a lot and if I do drink pop it's only diet but I try to stick with water, tea and milk and orange juice for breakfast. It's made a difference.

I need to get a gym membership and start lifting.

UPDATE

I started strength/resistance training for the first time about a week and a half ago. I've noticed major changes in this short period of time already. It's really got me motivated to keep going hard until I get my goal. Right now I'm exactly at 195.4 which is 42.6 pounds that I've lost since starting this whole thing. What I am doing is something similar to this that I setup myself...

Monday - Cardio
    Tuesday - Strength - Lower Body/Core
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Cardio
    Friday - Strength - Upper Body/Core
    Saturday - Rest

*repeat cycle starting from Monday*

I actually like what I'm seeing in the mirror now (sorry, no pics) and the other day a co-worker that I barely speak with came up to me randomly and asked "What have you been doing to lose all your weight? Because I've noticed major changes the last month." And then last night I was getting ready for bed and I got undressed down to my boxer-briefs and my wife is like "Are you sucking your gut in?" I'm like "Nope, this is sucking it in." Then I sucked it in to the point you can see me rip-cage which I couldn't do at all almost 4 months ago. And after I told her that was my gut being relaxed it looked like she wanted to **** me right there. But we went to bed, we were way too tired to screw around. Even a quickie.

Also about my diet. I am not taking anything special at all. At Walmart I bought some blended juices call "Naked Juice" they're about $4 for a 32 ounce bottle. One of them has greens and juices in it. Sort of an antioxidant. I drink 8 ounces of that after running. Then another has protein in it. It's got whey soy in it and it's got a fruity powder taste to it. And I drink about 8 ounces of that after strength training. No supplements or anything. I want to stay away from supplements and things of that sort if I can.

My diet hasn't really changed that much. I do still each some junk food and burgers for dinner and stuff, but I control myself throughout the day. I'll wake up, have a nice bowl of cereal with 2%, orange juice and maybe a banana, go to work and between going to work and dinner I'll have 2-3 snacks. I won't eat lunch. Usually those 2-3 snacks will consist of something like fruits or nuts. Then I'll have a big dinner. I really can't control dinner, we just have big dinners cooked usually which is why I don't eat a ton during the day, Just snacks. People will say it's bullshit but I don't eat after dinner any longer. I know some people say it's bad, others say it's bullshit you just have to eat the right foods. But I notice now I sleep better and feel better when I wake up when I don't eat after dinner versus doing it. Eating right before you have to go to bed I feel makes you body work to break down the food, food and energy of which you're not burning off from being up and about moving so you're storing it If it's 9PM I won't each anything after that time 95% of the time. I'll have a glass of water at most.

Also my information as well is coming from bodybuilding.com a lot. There's a ton of informative stuff on there that's completely free to read and I put together this simply routine (I won't even call it a program because it's not that detailed) to get fit and so far it's working. Since lifting I know lose weight slightly on my days I rest. Usually when I was just doing the cardio strictly I would weigh myself the day after rest in the morning and I would gate 0.2 lbs or something like that. Also, I weigh myself the same time every single day after using the bathroom. Usually between 8AM to 10AM. I am by no means an expert, but I tried to put something together for myself and it's been working great surprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    The past 3 weeks I did 5 days a week 2 miles a day. I stopped last week and haven't picked up yet. I will tomorrow. I've cut back on drinking regular pop a lot and if I do drink pop it's only diet but I try to stick with water, tea and milk and orange juice for breakfast. It's made a difference.

I need to get a gym membership and start lifting.
    Pop makes a huge difference man. I used to drink the equivalent of about a 2-liter every day of regular Pepsi or Coke or one of those non-diet brands. I replaced it with water and while I did have a withdraw of caffeine for about a month, I drink about 2-3 liters of water a day now and I feel so much better. If you eat an apple and orange every day you'll have the energy usually to do things that caffeine gives you.
    Last edited by Meticode; 05-04-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Update...

I'm at 185.2 right now. 7 pounds off my ending goal. Once I get 178 I'll have lost 60 pounds exactly. With my progress I feel like I'm realistically like a month away from that. Maybe 3 weeks if I work really hard and watch what I eat. I'm far from done though. I still need a ton up and convert fat to muscle. I'm sure my body fat is like around 20% because of my slight gut still.

Yeah, Ive cut caffeine completely out of my diet and only drink water and juice now. I have more energy than ever and dont need caffeine at all in the mornings. I drink a lot less alcohol too which helps make mornings a bit easier lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, Ive cut caffeine completely out of my diet and only drink water and juice now. I have more energy than ever and dont need caffeine at all in the mornings. I drink a lot less alcohol too which helps make mornings a bit easier lol.
    Cutting out the soda is huge. Some people don't realize that they drink their daily recommend caloric intake in liquid alone. I was one of them. I used to go to Wendy's and eat 2000+ calories of food in one sitting. No reason I went from 168 in 2003 up to 240 by 2008.

I've gone a step further and did away with juice too for the most part. Especially not energy drinks of stuff like vitamin water. Juice contains just as many calories and almost as much sugar as soda. When you drink orange juice sure you get some vitamin C, but you throw away the main good stuff that comes with the orange. When you eat a orange you get the fibers, pulp and bits that help make it healthy, when you drink the juice you're bypassing that good stuff just to get some vitamin C in form of the same calories and sugar as pop. If you eat one orange you get as much vitamin C as a 8oz glass of orange juice for the most part, but the calories are cut nearly in half.

Local High School Star

Consume 2-3 grams of ascorbic acid in powder as a vitamin C per day and you're set. You can cut out all the fruit and fruit drinks which are mostly sugar anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Consume 2-3 grams of ascorbic acid in powder as a vitamin C per day and you're set. You can cut out all the fruit and fruit drinks which are mostly sugar anyway.
    I like the sugar from fruits, if you keep your sugar under control your fine. I think for males like 35-40 grams a day is normal. I try to keep at 30, but it's hard because so many damn things have sugar in them. Even regular 2% milk has like 14g of sugar in 1 cup. I never knew milk had sugar in it.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Are you still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Are you still alive?
    he is getting ready for the marathon in the olympics