Decent playground baller Immortal Bum's Avatar

Default just finished "The Shield"

marathoned all seven seasons. i remember some people comparing this to Breaking Bad, but they are completely different and shouldn't be compared. i don't know if i'm the only one, but did anyone else like Vic the entire time? the dude is like a real life superhero, and even when he loses his powers in the end he still tries to fight. the only thing that bothered me was how he let Ronnie go out. that didn't set right with me at all.

another thing that shocked me was how Shane grew on me. i felt really bad for he and his family at the end and realized that Vic made him the person he became and that while i really like Vic's ambitions, the dude was somehow a cancer to all around him, which is odd because all he ever tried to do was the right thing by those he loved.

gonna miss this show.

Characters I liked Most: Vic, Ronnie (smart and always down for the cause), Dutch, Aceveda (post-incident), and Antwon Mitchell.

Characters I liked Least: Lem, Julien

and holy shit did you see Corrine's ass? Got damn i didn't know she had it like that until that episode's close up

Default Re: just finished "The Shield"

The shield is one of the goat for sure, lot to do obviously for characters and character development.

Everyone played roles perfect from Vic to wagonbach Acevedo to antwon.

You didn't like lem? Wtf? Moral compass that ALWAYS looked out for everyone, never snitched. Besides Vic and antwon, my favorite character.

I watched it when it was on TV. Gonna re watch.

Camera work is one of my favorite things about it also. So real.

I recommended Homicide :Life on the street.

Was on NBC in the 90's. So a little less gangster. But even better camera work and excellent character development. Andre braugher absolutely KILLED a couple years because (no spoiler) of his character s development. Think he won Emmy cus of it. Absolutely some of best acting I've seen.

And woooo Luther mahoney -main drug dealing gangster (name alone kills it) I'd type does a better job than antwon. So gangster.

&**braugher won 2 Emmys in 96 and 98. Dang. That's hard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Anyone who hasn't watched this series is missing out on one of the GOAT shows.

It was a great show. Last August when I drove down to LA I was at a bar with my cousin and we noticed the guy that played the black power ranger was there by himself. He was really cool and after the place closed he came back with us and smoked weed at my cousins place. He was telling us stories about shows he worked on. It turns out he was in the pilot or one of the first few episodes of The Shield.

He was telling me how cool Michael Chiklis is on set. They'd be singing right before doing a scene. Then the director would say action and Chiklis would snap right into being Vic. I'm gonna have to buy the series set. I just wish they'd release it on blu-ray.

3-time NBA All-Star

Amazing show. From what I've seen, it only ranks behind Breaking Bad and the Wire for me.

One of the greatest series ending ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    One of the greatest series ending ever.
    it was troubling for me. the entire series you had a feeling that this had to end bad, but because we're so used to happy endings in TV i got my hopes up that it would all work out somehow, but it didn't, it ended very badly for the strike team. i can't imagine Vic lasted at his new job; wouldn't be too shocked if he became one of the bad guys.

I think people compared the two for a couple reasons. First, you just don't see quality writing like that on television. Second, like BB, the core cast of characters remains relatively small. Unlike, say, THE WIRE, which has an awful lot of plates spinning at the same time.

I'll always slightly prefer THE SHIELD for the first reason you mentioned: I rooted for Vic, come hell or high water. It's amazing writing and acting that can get you to pull for a total scumbag from the get go. As much as I loved BB and the Walter White character, there came a point where I could no longer root for him. Fascinated by him? Sure. Wanted to see how he ended up, but didn't care what kind of outcome he faced.

Two fantastic shows. About as good as TV can do it.

But you didn't like Lem??? Ah, man.

by the end i appreciated Lem, but for the longest i thought he was being a baby, but now i do see that he was the first sign that highlighted the ridiculous things Vic was getting his team into. so with that said, i guess i do like Lem. sucks how things went for him.