Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Kyle Lowry: It's Either Me Or Dragic.

Not an exact quote but gist of this article. Basically he's unhappy with how Mchale handled him and Dragic and says it's going to come down to either him or Dragic and if they retain Dragic then the Rockets may as well trade him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...h-kevin-mchale

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Default Re: Kyle Lowry: It's Either Me Or Dragic.

"His bags are packed and he's ready to go.

Houston Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry isn't mincing words, telling the Houston Chronicle that his strained relationship with coach Kevin McHale and the fact that he and Goran Dragic are both starting quality point guards means that the team needs to move him.

Lowry's beef with McHale reportedly dates to an in-game disagreement and the point guard feels he can't get along with his coach going forward.
    "Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed. If things aren't addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved.”
    While McHale and GM Daryl Morey downplayed the incident and the tension, as you might expect, Lowry also concluded that if Dragic, who will be a free agent this summer, re-signs with the Rockets the team will face a major depth chart dilemma.

"We're both capable starters. We both want it. It's going to have to be a situation where they make a decision on one of us. It has nothing to do with Goran. I'm not happy with the way coaches handled things. If management wants to do something to keep Goran, I think I'll have to be moved.”
    Lowry, 26, had a tough season, missing a lengthy stretch of the season with a mysterious bacterial infection and then undergoing sports hernia surgery earlier this month. He averaged a career-high 14.3 points, 6.6 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.6 steals in 32.1 minutes per game this season but was moved from the starting spot to a reserve role after he came back from his illness in April.

Once he returns to full health, Lowry represents an excellent value given his contract situation. He's on the books for $5.75 million next season and has a partially guaranteed salary of $6.21 million for 2013-2014. Those are both reasonable contract figures, especially considering Lowry ranked as the No. 12 point guard in the NBA in terms of player efficiency this season. A team trading for him could count on good value and production for the next two seasons as Lowry heads into his prime.

Lowry is correct in saying that Dragic, also 26, is ready to become a full-time starting point guard next year. The Slovenian point guard put up career numbers -- 11.7 points, 5.3 assists, 2.5 rebounds and 1.3 steals in 26.5 minutes per game -- in 2011-12 and will likely command a salary equal to or greater than Lowry's this summer as one of the more coveted point guards on the free agent market.

The Rockets are probably best served moving one of their two point guards, although the health concerns might make it more difficult to move Lowry than he realizes. Regardless of Lowry's statements, teams were going to be contacting Morey about his point guards this summer, given their dual emergence and the difficulty of keeping both happy going forward. While confirming everyone's suspicions about the situation, Lowry's comments probably don't change Houston's approach in any meaningful way. The Rockets were going to be weighing offers regardless."

Banned

Lakers lakers lakers lakers

Id like to point out the article does a shitty job on stats...why didnt they explain his starting stats?

w/e

Dragic is the better PG and I would like to see him with the rockets...If not PHX....

If not either....No idea.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    Id like to point out the article does a shitty job on stats...why didnt they explain his starting stats?

w/e

Dragic is the better PG and I would like to see him with the rockets...If not PHX....

If not either....No idea.
    Lakers lakers lakers lakers

he wants to be in a starting role. he's also right in the fact that dragic is a worthy starter in this league. i'm sure houston knows this and they have a decision to make.

the coaching aspect is what is interesting. a disagreement so bad that lowry feels he can't continue with him? mchale's burned a lot of player bridges in his short stint so i can't say i'm surprised but still. he really rubs people the wrong way with his weird substitutions and stubbornness. i still remember him playing love 20 minutes or less and i feel it was only because he wasn't a prototypical 4 that mchale is used to seeing it. it's ridiculous to play a player of love's talent 20 minutes or less. that's mchale for you though....he seems pretty inflexible.

lowry's contract has nice value so it's going to depend on what dragic gets on the market. i prefer dragic slightly but not if it's close to a max contract - maybe something in the mike conley range? portland, charlotte, orlando and indiana amongst a couple others could all give dragic a look. i actually think he'd be nice on indy. cut back on barbosa's minutes. dragic starts, DC backs him up. hill moves to backup SG like he was on the spurs. only thing that might mess that up is hill's size
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 05-26-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

If I'm Houston I take Dragic. He has a REALLY special game to me. I seriously see Nash 2.0 when I watch him and he's also only 24 like Lowry. I'd trade Lowry TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If I'm Houston I take Dragic. He has a REALLY special game to me. I seriously see Nash 2.0 when I watch him and he's also only 24 like Lowry. I'd trade Lowry TBH.
    good, I'd rather have Lowry on the Lakers.

I'm a huge Dragic fan, but Lowry makes more sense to them money-wise. Dragic might command a little bit more money, and he's being inconsistent throughout his career. Let him go and let's hope he gets a starting job elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    good, I'd rather have Lowry on the Lakers.
    idk. i feel dragic has better court vision, is the better ball handler and is the more consistent shooter. those are all things LA needs. they don't need a bunch of scoring from the PG position...at least for the next couple seasons. i mean, depends what happens in the offseason of course. i'm almost certain dragic is going to command too much money for LA to go after him though. i think LA will stick with sessions for at least one more season and see how he does. it's not like LA is known for making sudden PG changes, lol
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 05-26-2012 at 02:29 AM.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Didn't read the article but so I don't know the context but I'll comment anyway. Is sad that Lowry is acting this way. I thought he was better than Brooks. Brooks reacted the same way when Lowry took his starting spot. I had a small hope Houston could keep both PGs, guess that's over now. Houston will trade Lowry and Martin if they can. I wouldn't surprise me at all if Lowry, Martin, and Scola are gone by the start of the season.

Lowry used to be one of my favorite players, sad that it has to end this way.

NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets send: Lowry, Martin
    Rockets receive: Gasol, Blake

Wolves send: Williams, Beasley
    Wolves receive: Martin

Lakers send: Gasol, Blake
    Receive: Lowry, Williams, Beasley

3-team trade that benefits all teams.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Didn't read the article but so I don't know the context but I'll comment anyway. Is sad that Lowry is acting this way. I thought he was better than Brooks. Brooks reacted the same way when Lowry took his starting spot. I had a small hope Houston could keep both PGs, guess that's over now. Houston will trade Lowry and Martin if they can. I wouldn't surprise me at all if Lowry, Martin, and Scola are gone by the start of the season.

Lowry used to be one of my favorite players, sad that it has to end this way.
    3 team trade

Lakers get lowry scola beasley
    Hou gets gasol williams or wes john
    Minny gets martin

who says no?

lol balls out u posted that while i was typing. seems like a no brainer move for all involved

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Rockets send: Lowry, Martin
    Rockets receive: Gasol, Blake

Wolves send: Williams, Beasley
    Wolves receive: Martin

Lakers send: Gasol, Blake
    Receive: Lowry, Williams, Beasley

3-team trade that benefits all teams.

Derrick Williams and Beasley for Kevin Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAL OF THE DECADE!

Oh and to make it better...the lakers are basically just giving up Gasol for LOWRY...D-wolf and Beasley

Last edited by SunsCaptain; 05-26-2012 at 02:37 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    3 team trade

Lakers get lowry scola beasley
    Hou gets gasol williams or wes john
    Minny gets martin

who says no?

lol balls out u posted that while i was typing. seems like a no brainer move for all involved
    beat you to it

I prefer Williams over Scola though. I don't like Scola's contract, and Williams is younger with more room to develop. Plus, how could Houston say no to a Dragic/Scola/Gasol combination they'd be like the all-star Euroleague team of the NBA