Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Default Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West arrested on weapons charges

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers guard Delonte West was arrested Thursday night near his offseason home in Maryland for weapons possession.

According to the police report, West was charged with at least two counts of handgun on person, and for driving the vehicle in excess of reasonable and prudent speed. He was pulled over on his motorcycle in Upper Marlboro, Md. on I-495.

WUSA, a television station in Washington D.C., reported that West was pulled over at 10 p.m. Thursday for making an unsafe lane change on his motorcycle. The station reported that police said West had two handguns and a shotgun in his possession and was arrested.

West was released on his own recognizance and is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 20.

West's agent did not immediately return a message from The Plain Dealer. The Cavs had no comment as they gathered information about the incident.

The team is scheduled to begin training camp a week from Monday.
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....rd_delo_3.html

Sorry if this has already been posted...
    But damn, what the hell is he doing with two handguns and a shotgun

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West arrested on weapons charges

1) If I'm a player, I'm probably carrying a (legal) weapon fairly often

2) 2 pistols and a shotgun?! He's a spacey dude, maybe he was pretending to be Hiro Protagonist.

3) What exactly do "weapons charges" entail in Maryland? Were they concealed? Unregistered? Was it because of the shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Joker
    But damn, what the hell is he doing with two handguns and a shotgun

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Damn. I kind of liked Delonte. One of my favorite Cavs players. I wish he wouldn't do stupid **** like this that makes it harder to like him.

Learning to shoot layups MegaTron's Avatar

Doesn't he have depression?

LOL

How do you carry 2 handgun AND a shotgun on a motorcycle??

He was on a motorcycle. Seems really weird to be carrying a shotgun and 2 handguns on a bike.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    LOL

How do you carry 2 handgun AND a shotgun on a motorcycle??
    You gotta be gangsta to pull that off. Probably one on each hip, and then a shotgun slung across his back.

Or like this.

Delonterminator.

No reason ever to carry a gun unless your a law officer.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    No reason ever to carry a gun unless your a law officer.
    Unless you're a highly recognizable person who's multi-million dollar salary is widely reported in the media that works in an industry that's seen many of your peers specifically targeted for this reason.

An NBA star and former area high school player was pulled over and arrested in Prince George's County on Thursday night after a police officer found he was carrying three loaded guns, authorities said.

Delonte West, a guard for the Cleveland Cavaliers, was driving a three-wheeled motorcycle north on Interstate 95 near Route 214 in the Largo area when he cut off a Prince George's County police officer, authorities said. The officer pulled him over, and West told the officer that he was carrying a handgun in his waistband.

That prompted the officer to call for backup, and investigators found that West was actually carrying three guns: a Beretta 9mm in his waistband, a Ruger .357 strapped to his leg and a shotgun in a guitar case slung over his back, said Maj. Andy Ellis, a spokesman for the Prince George's County Police Department.

West, who is 26 and lives in Brandywine, was arrested and charged with speeding and two counts of carrying a handgun, Ellis said. He was released today on personal recognizance, according to Ellis and online court records.

Ellis said it was unclear where West was going and why he was armed.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...091802528.html

Decent playground baller

Hands down, man's down.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Unless you're a highly recognizable person who's multi-million dollar salary is widely reported in the media that works in an industry that's seen many of your peers specifically targeted for this reason.
    Yeah, because I'm going to go rob an NBA player unarmed. Or, even better, because an NBA player will get his own gun out so quickly so as to shoot me before I can even point mine. Well, Eddie House might.

And all guns were loaded.

This is bad