Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: everyone wants to be this guy

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    He was born into money but he is in fact a pretty good poker player, plays in some crazy high stakes games.

no such thing as a good or elite poker player. Just those that know how to play the game and those that don't. You just need a lot of capital to be considered "elite"

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    no such thing as a good or elite poker player. Just those that know how to play the game and those that don't. You just need a lot of capital to be considered "elite"
    this is 100% false

^^^ Tom Dwan

started with $50 on Full Tilt Poker at age 17 and turned it into millions
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Dwan

dude is a fckin a rain man at poker...and still not better than Phil Ivey, who has taken Dwan for millions

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Everybody wants to be a ni[COLOR="black"]g[/COLOR]ga, but nobody wants to be a nig[COLOR="black"]g[/COLOR]a

Was just on the high way and this Asian was driving an audi r8 he was business orientated and I'm just like dam wonder what he does. Then I see nice bmws drive pass and a Rolls-Royce pass by and I'm like ugh. These cars someway somehow make the last good looking car look like shit.

No matter what you do in life, there will always be someone who will one up you whether financially, health wise, or just happiness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Was just on the high way and this Asian was driving an audi r8 he was business orientated and I'm just like dam wonder what he does. Then I see nice bmws drive pass and a Rolls-Royce pass by and I'm like ugh. These cars someway somehow make the last good looking car look like shit.

No matter what you do in life, there will always be someone who will one up you whether financially, health wise, or just happiness.
    True that.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I play poker for a living and can say from experience that you're very wrong here.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

no i don't envy this dude, he pays to get laid.......so beta

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    no i don't envy this dude, he pays to get laid.......so beta
    How beta do you have to be to be rich and still have to pay to get laid. Its not like hes paying for Katy Perry or something, these are just random hoes.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    What's the best real money poker site? Full Tilt?

Doubt I'll make a living off of it but I don't mind losing a few hundred to try my luck.
    Not much difference tbh, FT is fine but Pokerstars has the most players. Almost 200.000 online there right now.

Different countries will have different rules for different sites when it comes to taxation though, so you want to check that out as there is no need to pay personal tax on your winnings when you could just have picked another site.

Local High School Star

I play poker for a living and can say from experience that you're very wrong here.

You play poker for a living? Please share some more details, I also currently make a living with something poker related, not playing though

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    How do you know he's paying? His status ([COLOR="Red"]whatever that is[/COLOR]) alone can get him pssy.
    His status pretty much equates to Bruce Wayne...he even has 4 year SEAL training

if there is ever a masked hero saving us from crime he is suspect #1

Sure looks fun, but I don't know if that kind of lifestyle would fulfill me in the long term. Would be hella awesome for the first few years or so...

I'd love that financial security tho, don't have to worry about money at all...

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    You play poker for a living? Please share some more details, I also currently make a living with something poker related, not playing though
    Well I played professionally for about 5 years in the middle of the 00's and after a few years break I've started up again this year.
    I'm still in the early part of moving up in stakes so not making crazy money. I'm playing a lot better than I thought I would at this point, and since I've gone through all of this before I'm really feeling good about my play and situation.
    Just got to keep the grind going and reach the supernova level on Pokerstars as it would help my rakeback a lot for next year.

What do you do in the community?

Local High School Star

Well I played professionally for about 5 years in the middle of the 00's and after a few years break I've started up again this year.
    I'm still in the early part of moving up in stakes so not making crazy money. I'm playing a lot better than I thought I would at this point, and since I've gone through all of this before I'm really feeling good about my play and situation.
    Just got to keep the grind going and reach the supernova level on Pokerstars as it would help my rakeback a lot for next year.

What do you do in the community?

Nice man. What stakes are you playing currently? Are you bumhunting only?

I would rather not talk what I do since it's something which is not very smart to brag about on the internet.