Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Sabonis vs Wilt (Euroleague vs jlauber)

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    someone said in the comments of that video that sabonis would give Shaq fits. lol
    uhm, he would. hell, washed up sabas on two broke knees did pretty decently against him. a prime sabonis is probably as good a center as we could ever see (prime walton, russell in the mix).

Sabonis is, by far, the best passing big man of all time. And the only center in his era, who could guard, and also score on Shaq.

Before he got injured he was lighter and more mobile. After his injuries, he put on weight and became a better post defender. Even past his prime, his NBA days, he was AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO3IundC-e4

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Sabonis is, by far, the best passing big man of all time. And the only center in his era, who could guard, and also score on Shaq.

Before he got injured he was lighter and more mobile. After his injuries, he put on weight and became a better post defender. Even past his prime, his NBA days, he was AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO3IundC-e4
    He's up there among the best... but there's absolutely nothing "by far" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    He's up there among the best... but there's absolutely nothing "by far" about it.
    So then, name 1 center who is even in the discussion please. Ill wait.

Russell, 4.3 apg for his career. And unlike other stats from that era, assists are about the same as today. That's because the rules for being awarding an assist were stricter, which equalizes for pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Russell, 4.3 apg for his career. And unlike other stats from that era, assists are about the same as today. That's because the rules for being awarding an assist were stricter, which equalizes for pace.
    Russell was a very good passer. And im not specifically talking just assists, im talking passing the basketball, whether it led to a bucket, or an open shot, or another pass being made.

Watch highlights of Sabonis passing the basketball, how crafty, unorthodox, unexpected and unbelievable his passes were, then watch Russell, and try and tell me Bill was a better passer than Arvydas.

No center can even come close to how good of a passer Sabonis was, I don't care if Sabas averaged 0 assists per game, and Joe Shmoe averaged 100 assists per game, Sabas was a better passer.

I am extremely biased because I grew up watching that era of Blazers, Sabas, Sheed, Stoudamire, Pippen, Steve Smith, Brian Grant etc etc

I remember being AMAZED and mesmerized at the way Sabas passed the ball, behind the back, over his shoulder, over his head, between a defenders legs, 2 hands, 1 hand, bounce pass, etc etc. He was so creative.

Russell was a very good passer. And im not specifically talking just assists, im talking passing the basketball, whether it led to a bucket, or an open shot, or another pass being made.

Watch highlights of Sabonis passing the basketball, how crafty, unorthodox, unexpected and unbelievable his passes were, then watch Russell, and try and tell me Bill was a better passer than Arvydas.

No center can even come close to how good of a passer Sabonis was, I don't care if Sabas averaged 0 assists per game, and Joe Shmoe averaged 100 assists per game, Sabas was a better passer.

I am extremely biased because I grew up watching that era of Blazers, Sabas, Sheed, Stoudamire, Pippen, Steve Smith, Brian Grant etc etc

I remember being AMAZED and mesmerized at the way Sabas passed the ball, behind the back, over his shoulder, over his head, between a defenders legs, 2 hands, 1 hand, bounce pass, etc etc. He was so creative.
    There are no "highlights" of Bill Russell passing. Nobody has made a Bill Russell passing highlight video yet. Nor for Wilt Chamberlain. Nor for Bill Walton. Nor for Kareem. All 4 of which I consider elite passing centers. I've seen Wilt routinely take just as risky passes as I see Sabonis do. I've seen Walton execute just as blindingly fast touch-passes as Sabonis. And Wilt averaged way way more assists in his peak - was actually statistically the greatest passing center in NBA history when that was his role on his team. There's little reason to believe "Sabonis and not close" unless you've got a limited exposure to the other great passing big men of NBA history. Heck, even I have to admit I've got limited exposure to Walton, but from the little bit I've seen I know he's at least in the debate with guys like Wilt, Russell, Sabonis, Kareem etc
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 07-23-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Its just a matter of opinion.

Im not claiming it is an un-disputable fact, just sharing my opinion in a sports forum intended for sharing ones opinion.

I have seen lots of Bill Walton highlights, admittedly not much Russell or Wilt highlights. And if you haven't seen their highlights how can you say they are better, or even in the discussion?

IMO, its not even close, Sabas is the best passing big man of all time.

I am very biased, like I said before, I can admit that.

Until I SEE a big man display the passing prowess that Sabas had, I will retain my opinion that Sabas is the best passing big man of all time, and its not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    Lets face it, Robinson was in the Navy. Dude was a cornball nikka who would side with the cops against a brotha.

D-Rob was white as fk, and whites are not good atheletes, ergo, David Robinson was not athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    STOP LYING

I NEVER said any such thing.

GOD DAMN YOU ASSHOLE

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Why this troll/psychopath from arkansas that claims to be spanish, but for some reason overhypes greeks to unseen proportions and has shit basketball knowledge isn't banned yet ?

Yes this been asked many times, but there is no reason not to ban him, especially when he recently posted that he's done with ish, wow that lasted long...

LOL, I know, right?

Sabonis was a great passing center. Probably the best at it I ever saw. But Divac was close.

Good college starter

Sabonis was a great passing center. Probably the best at it I ever saw. But Divac was close.
    Proven NBA players.

Greece has none

Unless you want to transplant Seikaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Proven NBA players.

Greece has none

Unless you want to transplant Seikaly.
    "Transplant"......um no. Seikaly was GREEK. USA is the one that "transplanted" him.

Syracuse forced him to leave Greece like 2 days before he could start training with Greek national team or they would cut his scholarship, and then Team USA stole him as a "naturalized player".

Anyway, AFTER he played for USA, he spent several years playing with Greek national team every summer. But the FIBA rules would not allow him to play for Greece, because USA blocked his clearance letter.

So yeah, it was USA THAT "TRANSPLANTED" him.

USA stole the probably best Greek center of all time.

Good college starter

"Transplant"......um no. Seikaly was GREEK. USA is the one that "transplanted" him.

Syracuse forced him to leave Greece like 2 days before he could start training with Greek national team or they would cut his scholarship, and then Team USA stole him as a "naturalized player".

Anyway, AFTER he played for USA, he spent several years playing with Greek national team every summer. But the FIBA rules would not allow him to play for Greece, because USA blocked his clearance letter.

So yeah, it was USA THAT "TRANSPLANTED" him.

USA stole the probably best Greek center of all time.
    The best Greek center of all Time.

Was a transplanted Lebanese.

No wonder you guys never win an Olympic hoop medal

Because Seikaly is your best center of all time.