Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Half Life 2 Ep. 3- Your story. SPOIlERS

Spoiler For A 7 Year Old Game

So obviously as each year passes Episode 3 becomes both less likely and less likely to meet expectations. As of 2012 it seemed it was coming out for sure within 12 months. Now, though it seems to be complete vaporware.

And that sucks. But Half-Life 2 still holds up and Episodes 1 & 2 are good. THe only thing we really lost out on is the story. So I'm interested in what you guys think the story was going to be, or what you thought it should be, moving on from Episode 2.

Again spoilers likely to be abound:

My theory is that 3 was clearly going to be involved with Aperture Lab. and the Borealis. Knowing what was happening at Aperture it seems likely that they figured out some kind of mass portal technology, well beyond what Chell was using in the Portal games. I DO think there is a possibility that a new Portal drops so who knows what we might learn. (Probably nothing because it will just be the robots in a puzzle game). I think that technology will be the crux of the game, since the Combine would love that to be able to finally fully invade Earth.

I have always felt that Gordon is not the central character, I think that's the G-Man. And I think the G-Man wants that tech for himself, or his organization. Interestingly Eli said it needs to be destroyed, setting up a possibility of choice in a very linear series. The G-Man is known to have influenced Eli, Alyx, and Gordon directly. It would be interesting if he is constantly influencing Gordon to save the technology so he can use it for himself, and when the time comes you have to choose to trust the G-Man to use it well, or to destroy it so neither he, nor the Combine can use it. A divergent plot is not what the series is based on though, so it would be a little weird.

I think, after Portal 2, the most interesting aspect of checking out Aperture is not the Portal tech, but the fact that they have found a way to transfer consciousness. In my theory the Combine Advisors are not a race, but almost like an office, and when you reach that office you are put into the telekinetic/telepathic slug thing. My wish is that GLaDOS proves to be the blueprint for putting someone's consciousness into an Advisor. This will allow that person to either move among Advisors freely, or fight them, depending on what the game decides. The released "Half-Life 3 conceptual art" shows what looks like Gordon chillin with an Advisor.

The Combine, Vortiguants, the Resistance, and G-Man all racing for the portal tech in Borealis. Turns out maybe the consciousness transfer plays a huge role too. This sets up a very interesting scenario. And I think it's something they were pushing toward in some way. What do ya'll think? How does Half-Life 2 Ep. 3 play out in your mind?

Default Re: Half Life 2 Ep. 3- Your story. SPOIlERS

Nada?

Don't want to read your theory just in case it's right. And I'm posting in this thread so you don't feel lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
    Don't want to read your theory just in case it's right. And I'm posting in this thread so you don't feel lonely.