Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Marc Stein: Wolves offer Pekovic+Derrick Williams Package for Pau

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Thing with Pek is he even less fits the system for Mike D and while he is the best bursier in the NBA he doesn't even the shot or passing of Gasol, but than again Pek and a former #2 draft pick more than works for the Lakers but imo does nothing to make the Twolves better.
    Trade for Pek and then fire MDA.
    Hire a more defensive mind coach - Kobe Bryant.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Trade for Pek and then fire MDA.
    Hire a more defensive mind coach - Kobe Bryant.
    Than that more than works!

The Hawks offered Josh Smith for the no. 2 overall pick (which turned out to be Derrick Williams), and the Wolves said no.

Otherwise, the Wolves would have Pekovic-Love-Smith-Rubio as a big 4.

Kahn messed that one up.

Banned

Wolves giving up too much!

first of all, i believe pau still has some left. after all he played great in the olympics. i dont get why he gets blamed when kobe plays like an idiot in deciding moments and howard cant shoot a free throw to save his life.
    secondly, why do you want pek in d'antoni's system?

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Wolves giving up too much!
    apparently not enough since lakers arent willing to do it

Would be kind of interesting to watch Williams in that fast paced offense, if the Lakers ever can become the fast paced offense.

But I think the Lakers would pass on that, unless they can find someone to move a good piece for Pek, which Im sure a ton of teams would covet.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    A healthy Pekovic is a much better player to have long-term than a Pau Gasol with bad knees.........

Yes, but tell me what position he should be playing. No, let me tell you. He should be playing the same position Dwight should be playing. That's no good and no good for this offense.

Besides, the Lakers don't give a shit about long-term. Gasol is still a beast, just not with the current mentality. He should be traded. But if he isn't traded then it's because the Lakers are doing it for Kobe. And in that case, Gasol should do his friend the only service he can guarantee: play as hard as you can. If you suck, you suck, but stop playing the way you are.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ries-pau-gasol

lakers are unwilling to trade Pau for that package atm. Lakers no.1 target accodring to article is Ryan Anderson(who I have been telling you guys all along).

wow seriously? i had no idea they were really pursuing Ryan Anderson at all, i was thinking he'd be perfect for them tho. its amazing if they really are since he'd fill in their weaknesses a lot and has a lot more range than Pau, only downside is they lose Pau's post passing and his size which is a big loss not having twin towers anymore. but Ryan Anderson is a really well rounded player imo. extremely underrated since i think a lot of people only think he can shoot 3's.

i like Pek, who knows with DWilliams, but they aren't worth Pau imo. i'm really surprised if they're going after Ryan Anderson tho, and if its true i have to give it up to Lakers management again for knowing their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Yes, but tell me what position he should be playing. No, let me tell you. He should be playing the same position Dwight should be playing. That's no good and no good for this offense.

Besides, the Lakers don't give a shit about long-term. Gasol is still a beast, just not with the current mentality. He should be traded. But if he isn't traded then it's because the Lakers are doing it for Kobe. And in that case, Gasol should do his friend the only service he can guarantee: play as hard as you can. If you suck, you suck, but stop playing the way you are.
    i agree.

Ryan Anderson just had a great season playing next to Howard. Add that he's also a fit in D'Antoni's system...people are surprised that the Lakers would want him? It's not exactly a creative idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Ryan Anderson just had a great season playing next to Howard. Add that he's also a fit in D'Antoni's system...people are surprised that the Lakers would want him? It's not exactly a creative idea.
    but lakers already have jamison. i dont think anderson is an upgrade over jamison. one player will not change this team.
    and what happens if dwight leaves after the season? you're stuck with ryan fukkin anderson...

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    but lakers already have jamison. i dont think anderson is an upgrade over jamison. one player will not change this team.
    and what happens if dwight leaves after the season? you're stuck with ryan fukkin anderson...
    or freaking Andrea Bargnani...lol

thats why they need to trade for Josh Smith or Pau Milsap....both expiring...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Because the Hornets don't have anyone else.
    Eric Gordon hasn't played one game, and Davis isn't a scorer.

Anderson is a good player, but Gasol is far better.
    But Anderson has youth on his side, which Gasol doesn't have.

I get why the Hornets wouldn't want to trade him - he's young, they are building a locker room culture with young guys, he's happy there, he's a good fit long term team-wise and skill-wise.

But to call him untouchable is a joke.

Gasol is a better fit in Minnesota. If I were Minny, no way would I trade Pekovic. No way.

The Lakers are probably going to have to bite the bullet and keep Gasol for the next 2 years.
    he's the best 3pt shooter in the league. he is at least average or above average in his low post finishing, low post defense, and most importantly is a smart player. he didn't even start for the Hornets and initially didn't always get a full 30+ min's either but they realized he's their best player.

Pau is so mentally weak its not even funny. dude makes all of these excuses for his poor play, and then after 2 days of rest and a kobe callout declares himself fully healthy

altho i do agree with the Lakers approach to wait and see how Pau and Nash play together and if its not working out then trade his ass.

Pau for gortat and beas