Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Melo has 43 on 3 free throw attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Haha still funny that my assumption was correct. How about 40 on less than let's say 8 free throw attempts, a reasonable amount?
    LINK

nope.

Fantastic scoring performance! No FT padding, No OT/OTs... he was just simply ON FIRE...

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Yeah, my post is indeed in reference to that 2001 playoff series. Just check out Game 3 and 6 in total and look at the free throw attempts. Clearly his best playoff series, IMO.

But yeah, he can be inconsistent too.
    Those 50 point trade offs with Iverson. Who could forget.
    I miss the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Haha still funny that my assumption was correct. How about 40 on less than let's say 8 free throw attempts, a reasonable amount?
    No, but Q did it

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...312310LAC.html

44/10/2 with 2 steals, 3 turnovers on 17-30 FG, 5-9 3PT 5-7 FT.

I didn't do this just to get Durant in here, but I used BBR game finder and made the FTA cut-off five instead of three since that's kind of arbitrary. Tonight makes the third time Carmelo has scored 40+ on 5 or fewer FT attempts. Durant has done it once. So coming into tonight Carmelo had a 2-1 lead in this very specific stat, bit of trivia, whatever you want to call it. Carmelo has also been in the league four more years than Durant.
    Last edited by KG215; 01-27-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Jordan 24/29 fgs 4/4 fts 52 points 9 rebs 1 ast 4 stl 2 blk

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Russel Freaking Westbrook.

IN THE NBA FINALS.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...206190MIA.html

He really should have had more free throws that game.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    James Hardens fouls are more inexplicable.He ran into every Nets player last night and heaved his arms in the air like he just took a bullet to the chest.He has 500 free throw attempts this season. It's egregious. I hate phonies like him.

I'd say the opposite, quite easily. His FT's are explicable. He usually gets fouled.

Yes, he also does flop and it's a shame, but most of his FT's are legit. And at least you CAN defend him. You're not allowed to defend Durant. Even if it's a block on the ball, with there clearly being space between the bodies. It's ridiculous.

If you raise the FTA to 8...

Durant: 4
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

Carmelo: 8 (counting tonight)

Not that this necessarily helps Durant's argument, but he also has 26 career 40-point games to Carmelo's 24. In 8 of his 40 point games, Durant has attempted 10 or fewer FT's and 5 others with 11 or fewer; and in 9 of Carmelo's 40-point games he's attempted 10 or fewer FT's and 1 other with 11 or fewer. And again, Durant has been in the league 4 fewer years than Carmelo.
    Last edited by KG215; 01-27-2013 at 10:49 PM.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

Not that this necessarily helps Durant's argument, but he also has 26 career 40-point games to Carmelo's 24. In 8 of his 40 point games, Durant has attempted 10 or fewer FT's and 5 others with 11 or fewer; and in 9 of Carmelo's 40-point games he's attempted 10 or fewer FT's and 1 other with 11 or fewer. And again, Durant has been in the league 4 fewer years than Carmelo.
    can you do a lookup for Vince Carter please for that statistic. I'm on my iPad and layout a bit differently.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
    I keep saying this...Melo gets the least respect out of any superstar in the league. He gets hacked like no other, and he's never given the same leeway that others like KD and LBJ have. Dude slams the ball out of frustration/pain because he got eye-gouged and refs T him up...
    What are you talking about? If its any superstar in the league who gets the least respect in that aspect its Lebron... he used to get respect there years ago, but nowadays it is the biggest opposite believe it or not....

Durant averages ~9 FTA
    Carmelo averages ~8 FTA
    Lebron averages ~6 FTA... thats by far his lowest since his god damn rookie year where he also averaged 6 FTA...

He is still attacking the rim and everything, its just that he is not getting those shooting calls anymore... those fouls Durant & Carmelo get right now... i have no idea what is going on, i think its because of Lebrons strength or something and he seems to not sell (flop) it so well i guess... neither does he like to do the "fake & jump into defender" thing like so many superstars cant wait to do....
    Last edited by pauk; 01-27-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park Djahjaga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Russel Freaking Westbrook.

IN THE NBA FINALS.

THIS.

43/5/7/1 on 20/32 and 3/3 at the line.

He also lost them the game at the end with an unnecessary foul, but he thought there was less time than there was. Can't blame him after he went super saiyan for the previous 45 minutes.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

What's the point of this? 8 is a high amount of free throws. It's how much superstars usually get any given game. You raise it to 10 and what not then it's not an anomaly...it's the norm.

Whats the point of looking for the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    can you do a lookup for Vince Carter please for that statistic. I'm on my iPad and layout a bit differently.

Out of 32 40-point games

5 or fewer FTA: 5
    10 or fewer FTA: 16 (with one game of 11 FTA)

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    What are you talking about? If its any superstar in the league who gets the least respect in that aspect its Lebron... he used to get respect there years ago, but nowadays it is the biggest opposite believe it or not....

Durant averages ~9 FTA
    Carmelo averages ~8 FTA
    Lebron averages ~6 FTA... thats by far his lowest since his god damn rookie year where he also averaged 6 FTA...

He is still attacking the rim and everything, its just that he is not getting those shooting calls anymore... those fouls Durant & Carmelo get right now... i have no idea what is going on, i think its because of Lebrons strength or something and he seems to not sell (flop) it so well i guess... neither does he like to do the "fake & jump into defender" thing like so many superstars cant wait to do....