Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: D Antoni: One of the least efficient plays in basketball is just the straight post-up

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Something no one mentioned thus far is that in a D'Antoni system there is no defense.
    D'Antoni teams averaged about 14th-15th in the league in defense during their good years (with of course far and away the #1 offense). And that's with Amar'e Stoudemire and Boris Diaw as your frontcourt.

Imagine Dwight and Pau instead?

Yeah, stop.

Default Re: D Antoni: One of the least efficient plays in basketball is just the straight post-up

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    I love slowly watching the Laker fans who hated on this move changing their tune as homer-vision kicks in.
    You have to eventually get over and hope your wrong, right?

I hate this move. I've begun to hate the Nash signing as well because it brought this on. But what is done is done. Lakers plan on milking the last 2 years out of Kobes body and then scrapping this team. They know they have no chance at a title.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    D'Antoni teams averaged about 14th-15th in the league in defense during their good years (with of course far and away the #1 offense). And that's with Amar'e Stoudemire and Boris Diaw as your frontcourt.

Imagine Dwight and Pau instead?

Yeah, stop.
    The Lakers cannot compete with teams like San Antonio and OKC in the West with D'Antoni. Everyone will wonder later on why it is the Lakers will fall off the defensive parameters of the NBA. Memphis will bully the sh!t out the Lakers now.

They probably signed Nash to keep Howard in future. It was like saying "This is your team now, Kobe is goner soon, here we got Nash for you big guy.Sign with us!"

The Lakers cannot compete with teams like San Antonio and OKC in the West with D'Antoni. Everyone will wonder later on why it is the Lakers will fall off the defensive parameters of the NBA. Memphis will bully the sh!t out the Lakers now.
    San Antonio? That run-and-gun outfit that doesn't focus on defense?

SA: Off Rtg: 105.2 (8th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 101.8 (15th of 30)

Keep crying.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by D'Antoni
    "I don't like to call a lot of plays."

That's going to work out awesome.

San Antonio? That run-and-gun outfit that doesn't focus on defense?

SA: Off Rtg: 105.2 (8th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 101.8 (15th of 30)

Keep crying.
    There is no crying for me. The Knick organization did themselves and the NBA a favor by getting rid of Pringles. Now the Lakers bring him back Kuddos to the Lakers. First round exit guaranteed.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Why are people so upset that the Lakers are going to run pick and rolls?
    1) the triangle was usually initiated with a pick and roll. if it wasnt there, then the ball was thrown into the post and the triangle picked up.
    2) gasol is a great high pick n roll player as is dwight. Nash along with MD's offense will make them even better at that. Kobe is a basketball player. Throw him in any offense and he'll give you results
    3) Dwight howards is the 3x defensive player of the year. COuld have been 4x if it wasnt for his back injury and disdain for orlando at the time. Yes, hes coming off back surgery, but i have no doubt he will still be a force on the defensive end come play off time.

Everyone's really nitpicking at small details and not looking at the big picture.

There is no crying for me. The Knick organization did themselves and the NBA a favor by getting rid of Pringles. Now the Lakers bring him back Kuddos to the Lakers. First round exit guaranteed.
    Ah, true colors shine, another baseless D'Antoni hater because he somehow "Screwed up" the Knicks, as if the Knicks were going to do anything with their flawed roster the last two years.

Look, I'm glad that the Knicks filled their roster with vets who want to win this season. That's awesome. But they didn't have the roster to win the last two years, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    If you play Princeton/Triangle offense - Nash not used the right way
    If you play D'Antoni's offense - Kobe,Gasol and Dwight not used the right way

Pick your poison

D'Antoni offense, as described, is made for Dwight Howard. So I don't get what you're saying.

And any offense where there are a lot of possessions will give Kobe plenty of time with the ball. Kobe could lead the league in scoring in this offense.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono90
    Either way this is all good for business cause it's creating drama.

1) D'Antoni gets to give a payback to the Knicks on Christmas. He must hate those players on that team for tanking and kicking him out. It's going to be a great game every time Knicks play Lakers.

2) Phil is going to come back and he's going to try to take out the Lakers for dissing him like this. Phil, with his resume and legacy, will not want to leave his career being swept in the playoffs. He's going to come back.

This is going to be fun.
    actually a lot of the Knicks players love D Antoni still, other than Melo at least.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Won 5 titles with the boring post up game. What's your point?

yeah with Shaq, and then a prime Pau with Bynum and less aged Kobe...

if you think the Lakers have looked good in halfcourt this year then by all means keep cheering for Phil.

NBA Superstar

Something no one mentioned thus far is that in a D'Antoni system there is no defense. One more time so everyone understands. In a D'Antoni system [COLOR="Black"]THERE IS NO DEFENSE!!![/COLOR]

The Lakers are done for. Dwight and Kobe are going to get rid of this coach. Mark my words. Dwight will never again win defensive player of the year now that pringles squirmed back into the NBA. I want Laker fans to know the absolute ridicule the Knicks went through for years because of D'Antoni and his failed system. You will go through this exact ridicule now.

what if you're wrong? what are most of you going to eat? i guess since the expectations are championship or bust, its likely D Antoni will fail but it is annoying how everyone thinks so much inside a box like nothing out of it can be successful

PS D Antoni made a great point about San Antonio in the article. its just silly to me how people think his system can't win in this league when its been a top 5 team system consecutive years.

Ah, true colors shine, another baseless D'Antoni hater because he somehow "Screwed up" the Knicks, as if the Knicks were going to do anything with their flawed roster the last two years.

Look, I'm glad that the Knicks filled their roster with vets who want to win this season. That's awesome. But they didn't have the roster to win the last two years, period.
    One of the main reasons why D'Antoni was heavily criticized by Charles Barkley was the 7 seconds or less rule and no defense. He will run Howards knees right to the surgeons office by the end of the season. Lakers may be better than the Knicks 2 seasons ago but they would have been better off with Sloan or Jackson.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    Phil would've been a lot more similar to Mike Brown's Princeton than not. if you hired Phil then you should be asking why you got Nash since he'd be like a Derrick Fisher in the triangle.

If Nash wants to win a championship, he needs to sacrifice and play more like D. Fish. He needs to follow Kobe Bryant's lead and play as a sidekick. Kobe knows how to win....

Bottom line is you want to win a championship Nash needs to sacrifice his game.

Kobe = 5 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS & COUNTING
    Nash = 0 ....