Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    I rep Lakers!

Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Wow, Jordan would have to brick 5 shots in a row just to match Kobe's.

Somebody else said that about Kobe, my reason and point is that Kobe has no defining movements like the typical top 10 players. Like the Olajuwon's, Bird's, and Jordan's. In fact he has a lot of moments of others in his team stepping it up and bailing him out.
    Yeah & thats not true. In that same series he scored 25 points in a quarter. Just because your mind blocks it out doesnt mean it didn't happen.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011

STFU! You must just really started watching the NBA to sit here and say Kobe has no defining playoff moments. The fact that you said Lebron shows your age. I'm sure your gunna bring up his 45-15-5 performance this year right?

01 Semis, Game 4 Kings. 48 points, 16 rebounds 51% FG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjfxlvvXfSw

01 WCF Game 1 Spurs. 45/10/5 54% FG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkvpn...eature=related

01 WCF Game 3 Spurs. 36/9/8 51% FG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyfR2...eature=related

He averaged 33/7/7 on 53% shooting against the Spurs that series.

And of course EVERYONE remembers in 00 when Shaq fouled out and Kobe took over in overtime. 28/5/4 plus game winning tip in shot. 51% FG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Lp5aQq4zI

And this is just early 00s. I could easily bring up some of his playoff runs from 08/09/10.

So please sit the f*ck down and STFU. You don't know sh*t, you just hate Kobe. Focus on your irrelevant Knicks making it out of the first round.

The pressure for this laker team is on dwight and nash. Mr potato head is gonna get fired too if they don't win this year

STFU! You must just really started watching the NBA to sit here and say Kobe has no defining playoff moments. The fact that you said Lebron shows your age. I'm sure your gunna bring up his 45-15-5 performance this year right?

And of course EVERYONE remembers in 00 when Shaq fouled out and Kobe took over in overtime. 28/5/4 plus game winning tip in shot. 51% FG

And this is just early 00s. I could easily bring up some of his playoff runs from 08/09/10.

So please sit the f*ck down and STFU. You don't know sh*t, you just hate Kobe. Focus on your irrelevant Knicks making it out of the first round.
    Lebrons had many games in the playoffs just as good as Kobe's.
    Lebrons shot against the Magic is better than any of Kobe's shots.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    I guess Jordan shouldn't be top ten since he shot 6-19 in a close out NBA Finals.

Players should be judge by their body of work. Kobe's resume is easily among the ten best in NBA history.
    You bring up Jordan's worst Finals Series performance(Sonics)and point out how bad it is....yet this is on par with Kobe's best, yet his are awesome

Lebronyte Kryptonite

jstern is as much of a Knicks fan as 32dayz was. It's CLEAR he's nothing more than yet another OBVIOUS bandwagon Lebron fan, who doesn't have the balls to rep Lebron straight up. So, he slaps another team logo/player on his profile, to try and fool people into thinking he's being objective when dissing the Lakers/Kobe. But regardless of what they do, their irrational, idiotic Kobe hate(like saying dumb sh*t like Kobe has no memorable moments) ALWAYS gives them away

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I don't think Kobe not winning the title next year would hurt his legacy all that much in broad terms.

However, if the Lakers were to lose in the finals to the Heat and Lebron wins finals MVP and plays great...Lebron might have the resume to knock Kobe out of the top 10. It would mainly be about Lebron's resume and play, but beating Kobe on a team with Nash, Gasol, and Howard would add a little luster to it.

Especially if Lebron were to win MVP again. 4 mvps, 2 finals mvps, two titles, and the absurd regular season and playoff numbers Lebron has...combined with a level of play, in my opinion, that Kobe never has reached....that all might be enough for Lebron to leapfrog guys like Hakeem and Kobe in all time rankings....and getting very close to jumping over Bird as well...at least on my list.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 08-25-2012 at 05:24 PM.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Lebrons had many games in the playoffs just as good as Kobe's.
    Lebrons shot against the Magic is better than any of Kobe's shots.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Why are you laughing? It's true.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I don't think Kobe not winning the title next year would hurt his legacy all that much in broad terms.

However, if the Lakers were to lose in the finals to the Heat and Lebron wins finals MVP and plays great...Lebron might have the resume to knock Kobe out of the top 10. It would mainly be about Lebron's resume and play, but beating Kobe on a team with Nash, Gasol, and Howard would add a little luster to it.

Especially if Lebron were to win MVP again. 4 mvps, 2 finals mvps, two titles, and the absurd regular season and playoff numbers Lebron has...combined with a level of play, in my opinion, that Kobe never has reached....that all might be enough for Lebron to leapfrog guys like Hakeem and Kobe in all time rankings....and getting very close to jumping over Bird as well...at least on my list.
    I don't think the bolded is an opinion. I think it is far closer to a fact...

Perhaps you're not understanding. I'm not talking about having great series, but basically Kobe has been criticized for having a lack of defining moments that sticks in the public's minds that other all time greats have, and instead has a lot of moments where his teammates are bailing him out and hitting clutch shots. Not to forget his Finals low shooting percentage. It always seems like others are the ones stepping it up. Not a knock on Kobe, just that when you compare the to the average top ten players, it seems like Kobe's success has more to do with being incredibly lucky.

Back in 2010 I think it was inside the NBA were doing the top ten playoff moments or performances of the past ten years, and Kobe only had one.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Yeah & thats not true. In that same series he scored 25 points in a quarter. Just because your mind blocks it out doesnt mean it didn't happen.
    Oh, I did not block that out at all. He had 25 points in the 3rd quarter. Kobe was so hot that quarter, it was a thing of beauty. But that was it. Completely cooled off in the 4th, and the Lakers lost that game if memory serves correctly. It wasn't regarded as an all time great moment by anyone, because he cooled off, and the Lakers lost. If he had done that in the 4th and the Lakers win because of that performance, then totally different scenario.

If anything that 3rd quarter at least saved him from not having a below 40% FG%.
    Last edited by jstern; 08-25-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Lebron still has to knock Hakeem and Duncan out of the top 10 before he sets his sights on Kobe. Calm down

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Perhaps you're not understanding. I'm not talking about having great series, but basically Kobe has been criticized for having a lack of defining moments that sticks in the public's minds that other all time greats have, and instead has a lot of moments where his teammates are bailing him out and hitting clutch shots. Not to forget his Finals low shooting percentage. It always seems like others are the ones stepping it up. Not a knock on Kobe, just that when you compare the to the average top ten players, it seems like Kobe's success has more to do with being incredibly lucky.

Back in 2010 I think it was inside the NBA were doing the top ten playoff moments or performances of the past ten years, and Kobe only had one.
    Since you CAN'T AND WON'T post ANY links to back up that LUDICROUS claim, it's way obvious that the only people who "criticize" Kobe for things like that are undercover Lebron fans like you.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Oh, I did not block that out at all. He had 25 points in the 3rd quarter. Kobe was so hot that quarter, it was a thing of beauty. But that was it. Completely cooled off in the 4th, and the Lakers lost that game if memory serves correctly. It wasn't regarded as an all time great moment by anyone, because he cooled off, and the Lakers lost. If he had done that in the 4th and the Lakers win because of that performance, then totally different scenario.

If anything that 3rd quarter at least saved him from not having a below 40% FG%.
    No need for a defining moment when dude is a five time champ.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker

Lebron still has to knock Hakeem and Duncan out of the top 10 before he sets his sights on Kobe. Calm down
    Calm down? Duncan is easily higher on my list. And Hakeem is as well....