Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: 23 pages of info on GTA V

looks amazing

unfortunately, like all the GTA games...I will never come close to playing all the way through, just too long

better than too short though!

I finished them all fo real.

My favorite : GTA 4 The Lost and the Damned expansion.

I cannot wait for this game.

map is gonna be almost 50 sqm

Banned

Never played any GTA someone explain to me why people love it. I don't like linear/story driven games btw not saying that's what GTA is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
    Never played any GTA someone explain to me why people love it. I don't like linear/story driven games btw not saying that's what GTA is.
    Bc you can do anything u want, its versatile and fun as hell, especially when ur high

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
    I've always enjoyed the Grand Theft Auto series for the freedom it provides to the gamer. GTA III for PS2 was my first experienced with what's known as a sandbox game. Basically, in games like GTA and its partner Red Dead Redemption, there's a story to be lived out, but you're not required to live it out. I mean, to fully explore every corner of the game's world, a certain level of storyline completion is required (which isn't tough to do, since the storylines are most often engaging) but there's much to do that goes well beyond the storyline.

For instance, in Red Dead Redemption, the primary storyline is a progtagonist cowboy working his way back to his family. However, my friend and I spent hours upon hours doing nothing that'd further help our cause in that mission. Instead, we opted to have a stunningly enjoyable time exploring the countryside, hunting, starting bar fights, discovering a waterfall, taming horses, jumping onto moving trains and talking to drifters in the desert.

For as long as the discovery lasts, playing each GTA and RDR is perhaps the best type of video game experience I've ever had. In fact, it also provides the saddest moments, as when I finally attained 100% completion in RDR and knew I'd searched and lived every nook and cranny of the game itself, there was a feeling of emptiness knowing I wouldn't be able to re-gain the feeling I had when I was first riding my horse across the countryside. The same goes for each Grand Theft Auto I've played. But don't get me wrong, the experience has always been worth it.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-08-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator

Repped.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

NBA rookie of the year

map is gonna be almost 50 sqm
    How big that is compared to Red Dead Redemption? Because that game genuinely impressed me with its environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    How big that is compared to Red Dead Redemption? Because that game genuinely impressed me with its environment.
    The map is bigger than gta sa, red dead redemption, and gta iv combined. Plus more.

It says it in the article.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

The map is bigger than gta sa, red dead redemption, and gta iv combined. Plus more.

It says it in the article.
    honestly that sounds too big

missions that require driving from one edge of the map to the other can be tedious and frustrating...bump into a car a little bit and sets off a cop chase and ruins the last 20 minutes of work lol

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

missions that require driving from one edge of the map to the other can be tedious and frustrating...bump into a car a little bit and sets off a cop chase and ruins the last 20 minutes of work lol
    True lol, especially if you get stuck in the desert or some shit.

They'll prob have functional taxis and shit but it's pretty annoying going places on foot.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

From the sound of it, with the introduction of three co-existing playable characters, GTA's goal seems to be eliminating some of the tedium. They mentioned a few examples where two or three of the characters may all be working on the same mission. At one point you could control the guy who's cracking a safe, then once that fun thing's been done, you can seamlessly switch to the other guy who's holding sniper position on the roof.

Personally, I can never find a GTA world too large. The bit about GTA V's world being larger that San Andreas, IV, and RDR combined was the best piece of information I drew from that article. It should be a lot of fun exploring every corner of that world, even the ocean floor.

Beyond the size of the world, my next favorite thing to learn about is the art details. Sprinklers turning on every evening, leaving puddles on the street, dogs jumping on fences as you walk by... I love that stuff.

Also, for those who didn't read, some of the available activities this time around:

Yoga
    Jet-Skiing
    Base Jumping
    Triathlons
    Tennis
    Golf (full playable course)

Nice find, I hope they do a good job with this one, GTA4 was a bit of a letdown after San Andreas.