Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Wade's value is obviously greater with the Heat than any other team. It would be impossible for the Heat to get equal value in a trade, but hypothetically he still has great value to any championship contender. He's a proven winner and big game performer who makes impact plays and can take over games.
    Exactly, depends on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Jesus christ this forum is ****ing retarded. This hipster moron is proof.
    Sorry, but how would having Wade and Bosh not make Min a better team than having Love and Martin? They are 7-6 for christ's sake.

'hipster'?

What the **** are you babbling about you cretinous piece of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Sorry, but how would having Wade and Bosh not make Min a better team than having Love and Martin? They are 7-6 for christ's sake.

'hipster'?

What the **** are you babbling about you cretinous piece of shit?
    BRB Chris Bosh's 19/5 he'll average>26/14/4 stats are 4 f@gs worse numbers by far>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BRB D-Wade being old and constantly injured averaging 16/5/5 will REALLY help them a lot. Much more than K-Mart's 24/4/3 and 47% from 3.

BRB stats mean nothing K-Love is a 2nd option empty stat monster. No stats matter, only defense has impact. Rebounding, scoring, passing, shooting 3's, NO impact. ONLY DEFENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    BRB Chris Bosh's 19/5 he'll average>26/14/4 stats are 4 f@gs worse numbers by far>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BRB D-Wade being old and constantly injured averaging 16/5/5 will REALLY help them a lot. Much more than K-Mart's 24/4/3 and 47% from 3.

BRB stats mean nothing K-Love is a 2nd option empty stat monster. No stats matter, only defense has impact. Rebounding, scoring, passing, shooting 3's, NO impact. ONLY DEFENSE.
    Different circumstances, different teams. Bosh is playing 28mpg, and shooting 58%, but taking less than 10 shots.

Wade is cruising because health in the playoffs is the obvious priority, and this Heat team is very deep and winning comfortably without him (and without Bosh and Lebron playing in the 4th at all the last 3 games).

What is hard to understand about this? Why do morons like you only see stats and no context?

Banned

Wade has no value. He is terrible. He is a non-difference maker. Heat don't miss a beat without him and he isn't going to make any bad teams relevant.

People will still try and hype Wade up, but once you propose a trade to their team you will see that they wouldn't be willing to give up anyone but bad contracts and scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    he has 2 choices come next summer...force his 5th year and hamper the team with the $20mil option for the 2014-2015 season, or restructure his deal to play out the rest of his career in Miami and make about 6-8 mil over the next 3-4 years.

teams are going to basically match that, he's not really worth much more as it stands...is he gonna sacrifice his "Wade County" love for a couple mil over the contract years elsewhere?

you're a Wade follower, so of course you'd believe he's worth more...I'm a Miami Heat fan, and reality is he's not! We can do so much better by letting him walk next summer and signing reliable tallent...I'm all for that option because I want titles and don't care about a players loyalty or what have you. But again this "Wade County" love the locals preach with somehow trumps future solid attempts at titles, so I give Wade a benefit and offer him 6-8 mil over the remaining years of his career to stay in Miami. Take it or leave it
    You must not really be a Miami fan, if you think the Heat or Riley are going to offer "6-8 mil" to Wade. When he's playing, he's still a 20/5/5 player. Joel Anthony is making $4M this season. Wade is worth a LOT more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    You must not really be a Miami fan, if you think the Heat or Riley are going to offer "6-8 mil" to Wade. When he's playing, he's still a 20/5/5 player. Joel Anthony is making $4M this season. Wade is worth a LOT more than that.
    He's clearly a Lebron fan.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    this is why the bulls will not win a ring in our lifetime. idiotic fans and poor managment

i'm a Miami Heat fan, not a player fan...as you are. again you'll side with him making more because you're a Wade fan, and that's fine. he's declining (rather quickly), whether you accept it or not.

from a business aspect and ongoing title contention point of view, he's not worth it to me (definitely not over $8 mil a season). I'd rather grab some young and healthy mediocre-to-good SG, many are available this upcoming summer, and pay them that $8mil if Wade isn't on board with, and again I say, the TEAM's direction. Goal is to win titles, a hampering/declining Wade isn't reliable as he once was...at least not to where the Heat need that option to continue these runs.

for me, this is his last stint proving himself, he has to show up or it's basically the end of the line for him. These 1 in every 10 games spurts he has isn't cutting it anymore to say he's "worth it".

you don't have to like my view, but business is business...all I care about are parade's on Biscayne, players loyalty and past stints with the team mean very little if it isn't benefiting the organization today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    He's clearly a Lebron fan.
    right! so bcuz I lay out some reality, I'm a Lebron stan

very typical responses you both have when someone disagrees with you.

i'm a Miami Heat fan, not a player fan...as you are. again you'll side with him making more because you're a Wade fan, and that's fine. he's declining (rather quickly), whether you accept it or not.

from a business aspect and ongoing title contention point of view, he's not worth it to me (definitely not over $8 mil a season). I'd rather grab some young and healthy mediocre-to-good SG, many are available this upcoming summer, and pay them that $8mil if Wade isn't on board with, and again I say, the TEAM's direction. Goal is to win titles, a hampering/declining Wade isn't reliable as he once was...at least not to where the Heat need that option to continue these runs.

for me, this is his last stint proving himself, he has to show up or it's basically the end of the line for him. These 1 in every 10 games spurts he has isn't cutting it anymore to say he's "worth it".

you don't have to like my view, but business is business...all I care about are parade's on Biscayne, players loyalty and past stints with the team mean very little if it isn't benefiting the organization today.
    For being a Miami "fan", you must've missed a good part of the season last year and the 2012 playoffs. Wade sucked during the first three rounds, but he did step up during the Finals. Once again, stop lying to yourself. You're not a Heat fan.
    I am a huge Wade fan, but I'm also a fan of the team and I know how each player is performing. Wade is definitely worth more than 6-8. Even if I'm not a Heat fan and just a Wade stan, why would I want him to make more money? I's not like I'm getting a part of it.

FYI, Wade averaged 23/5.7/5.3/2/1 on 53% over a 41 game stretch last season.
    He got injured during the end of the streak and hence he was trash during the first three rounds. He's definitely declining, but $6M for a 20/5/5 player? If those are your standards, Lebron should not be making more than $12M-$15M. Joel, Udonis, and Chalmers should be traded away (they're making $4M each).

The reason why he's not playing much this year is because we (Heat fans) need him for the playoffs.

For being a Miami "fan", you must've missed a good part of the season last year and the 2012 playoffs. Wade sucked during the first three rounds, but he did step up during the Finals. Once again, stop lying to yourself. You're not a Heat fan.
    I am a huge Wade fan, but I'm also a fan of the team and I know how each player is performing. Wade is definitely worth more than 6-8. Even if I'm not a Heat fan and just a Wade stan, why would I want him to make more money? I's not like I'm getting a part of it.

FYI, Wade averaged 23/5.7/5.3/2/1 on 53% over a 41 game stretch last season.
    He got injured during the end of the streak and hence he was trash during the first three rounds. He's definitely declining, but $6M for a 20/5/5 player? If those are your standards, Lebron should not be making more than $12M-$15M. Joel, Udonis, and Chalmers should be traded away (they're making $4M each).

The reason why he's not playing much this year is because we (Heat fans) need him for the playoffs.

I'm not lying to myself...calling it as it is, I'm all about the organization first. Never tie emotion into the decision, that's where it goes wrong...and that's why all you can resort to is rebuttalling with "I'm not a true Heat fan"

Wade is not serviceable for a full season, you clearly agree, yet you expect to pay him as he is (even more because he is declining?) You bring up stats over a 41-game stretch, arbitrary because it supports you paying him out his "worth". His agent will probably do the same thing too if the Heat try to restructure. What about the remainder of the season and his declining...it's showing more and more as time goes by...it's unfortunate for him because when he is on, he's great but that's few and far between for the team to rely on.

Don't get me wrong, understand your side completely but it is a business in the end and Wade can provide to the Heat squad when HEALTHY, but that isn't coming at the $20 mil a season he's scheduled to get and playing 40-games for the year, with the rest injured or needing rest. It's too risky and not beneficial for a downward sloping player from the organization's perspective, we can get more for the same figures or even less from another SG available this summer.

In the end, Wade will have no choice but to restructure...as much as he wants that $20 mil, Riley won't give it to him. If the Heat miss opportunities at the title, he'll be blamed for holding the organization at his will with the contract and inability to sign other players to fill his non-existence while he's injured (let's hope it doesn't come to this). Only deserving players of the option is Bosh and Lebron, they're in the grind day in/out for the team and should be rewarded for it...immmensely!

NBA rookie of the year

Lol @ thinking Wade's is going to forego a 20 Million dollar option. Get real.

Wade has more value to the Heat than he would have for any other team, which is why he should stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Wade has more value to the Heat than he would have for any other team, which is why he should stay there.
    he does benefit the Heat to a degree, but the strain is still left on Lebron mostly as Wade is missing majority of the time. Bosh is Bosh, consistent as always...but Lebron has to pick up his slack and hope the fillers Allen/Battier and now Beasley can continue to do this for Wade

as for the Heat's value...this is because he cant handle playing a regular season + playoffs in any given year for another team as the #1 option, his body just won't allow him to anymore.

again it's unfortunate, but that is the reality of DWade

I'm not lying to myself...calling it as it is, I'm all about the organization first. Never tie emotion into the decision, that's where it goes wrong...and that's why all you can resort to is rebuttalling with "I'm not a true Heat fan"

Wade is not serviceable for a full season, you clearly agree, yet you expect to pay him as he is (even more because he is declining?) You bring up stats over a 41-game stretch, arbitrary because it supports you paying him out his "worth". His agent will probably do the same thing too if the Heat try to restructure. What about the remainder of the season and his declining...it's showing more and more as time goes by...it's unfortunate for him because when he is on, he's great but that's few and far between for the team to rely on.

Don't get me wrong, understand your side completely but it is a business in the end and Wade can provide to the Heat squad when HEALTHY, but that isn't coming at the $20 mil a season he's scheduled to get and playing 40-games for the year, with the rest injured or needing rest. It's too risky and not beneficial for a downward sloping player from the organization's perspective, we can get more for the same figures or even less from another SG available this summer.

In the end, Wade will have no choice but to restructure...as much as he wants that $20 mil, Riley won't give it to him. If the Heat miss opportunities at the title, he'll be blamed for holding the organization at his will with the contract and inability to sign other players to fill his non-existence while he's injured (let's hope it doesn't come to this). Only deserving players of the option is Bosh and Lebron, they're in the grind day in/out for the team and should be rewarded for it...immmensely!
    I'm not saying he deserves $20M, but he definitely is worth more than $6M-$8M. I can see him signing a 4 year 45-50 deal.