Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bigg
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Who is the biggest threat to overtake Blake Griffin for #1 overall?

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    why do we repeat the same damnn thing each year college numbers dont mean shyt in the nba ask michael beasley and the heat for taking him over mayo

its about talent NBA ready game

like next year Jennings is going to be Rookie of the Year so he should be the first pick best talent nba ready so pick him he going to have the best career dont get caught up with college numbers ppl
    you mayophile, beasley had the highest ceiling in the draft outside of Rose

but as to the question, no one. There is no one with the talent, passion, or upside of Blake Griffin this year

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Nobody!

Blake Griffin will finish his sophmore season with 20+ppg and 12+rpg while shooting over 60%FG.

I see a prime Blake Griffin to be as good as Karl Malone in the offensive side and averaging Dennis Rodman rebounding numbers.

Blake Griffin will cause havoc once he gets in the Nba.

Motor, determination, leadership, fearless, work ethic, etc = Blake Griffin

Raps, Jazz, and UCONN rosonviyavong's Avatar

blake griffin is number 1 no matter what hes that more dominant than the others ..but if bj mullens starats to show more than him because of his
    size and atheltism

Official team information:

"

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I think a lot of people are going to be dissapointed with how Griffin's career ends up if you think hes gonna be a top 20 player in the league. hes gonna measure 6-8 and a quarter and in my opinion if ur gonna be that size you need to have a legit face up game. i.e. Boozer or West and thats something i dont think he got. We'll see. juss my opinion. Give me Harden. Fool plays like a Manu type

Good High School Starter

Eprizzle, you are right about his height, but Griffin has a face up game. I think he even has enough of a face up game to play SF. He doesn't have the outside shot, but he can dribble well, is athletic enough to get to the hoop, and he can pass which is important in case he gets doubled. I agree that people are going to disapointed in his career, but he will be pretty good.

I have a feeling Blake Griffin is gonna prove all of you wrong. He's gonna be an instant 15-10 or a 15-8/9. He has the killer instinct, the work ethic, the motor, the determination, and motivation to be one of the great ones.

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04
    Official team information:
    as the best max leap (no limit on steps) by reaching 27 inches above the rim.
    That sounds like a bit of a stretch.

Blake Griffin end of 2008 scouting report!

http://ww.basketballprospectus.com/a...?articleid=476

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

GREG MONROE

I think blakes going to be the #1 overall pick, but i think by tourney time monroe will give him a run for his money.

but really depends on whoes picking for the #1, cuz rubio can also make a case here.

but me personally if i had to pick a pg in this years draft i would pick brandon jennings in a heart beat.

if i had to pick

1. Monroe
    2. Blake
    3. Jennings
    4. J. Harden

WOW! what a team that would make!

monroe > blake
    jennings > rubio

Only two players have a chance to take the #1 spot from him...

He's getting better lately... I'll see him in person again on the 25th.

Personally I'd take Rubio out of the three available. 6'8 ultra-athletic power forwards in the NBA don't work out so well. Mullens has the highest "ceiling" and is showing marked improvement, however, I don't think he has the drive to be a great player. I think Rubio is most likely to be a good to great player out of the three. All he needs to work on is his body and shot and I think he'll have no problem.

Saw a basketball once

Sorry buddy but BJ Mullens would be the next Kwame Brown if he went #1 overall. I understand fully that BJ is 7 foot and you can't coach that but #1 overall would be crazy. Deandre Jordan was more athletic and had as much if not more potential and he fell to the second round. Personally I think Mullens is like a Chris Kaman who when healthy is a solid contributor. If I have the 3rd pick or lower (assuming Griffin, Monroe, and Harden are 1,2,3 with Monroe and Harden being 2,3 not necessarily in that order) then I will start talking about Mullens but to pick him over Griffin or Monroe would be crazy and picking him over Harden would be a stretch as well (unless it was a position of need ie you already have a shooting guard).

Ricky Rubio ahahahahahaahaha. Seriously he better send thank you letters to Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, and Derrick Rose because it is laughable to think someone who even consider taking him over Blake Griffin (unless Griffin measures 6'7 but then Monroe shoots to the top of the board).

This was my thread but really the only player (at this point) that looks like a threat to Blake Griffin is Blake Griffin. If he measure's shorter than expected (which to me would be 6'7 without shoes as I expect him to measure 6'8 without shoes) then Greg Monroe shoots to the top of the board. With Harden, Rubio, and Mullens (based on height alone) getting some whispers to Monroe's thrown (Griffin would probably drop to #2 or #3 at worse).

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82
    Sorry buddy but BJ Mullens would be the next Kwame Brown if he went #1 overall. I understand fully that BJ is 7 foot and you can't coach that but #1 overall would be crazy. Deandre Jordan was more athletic and had as much if not more potential and he fell to the second round. Personally I think Mullens is like a Chris Kaman who when healthy is a solid contributor. If I have the 3rd pick or lower (assuming Griffin, Monroe, and Harden are 1,2,3 with Monroe and Harden being 2,3 not necessarily in that order) then I will start talking about Mullens but to pick him over Griffin or Monroe would be crazy and picking him over Harden would be a stretch as well (unless it was a position of need ie you already have a shooting guard).

Ricky Rubio ahahahahahaahaha. Seriously he better send thank you letters to Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, and Derrick Rose because it is laughable to think someone who even consider taking him over Blake Griffin (unless Griffin measures 6'7 but then Monroe shoots to the top of the board).

This was my thread but really the only player (at this point) that looks like a threat to Blake Griffin is Blake Griffin. If he measure's shorter than expected (which to me would be 6'7 without shoes as I expect him to measure 6'8 without shoes) then Greg Monroe shoots to the top of the board. With Harden, Rubio, and Mullens (based on height alone) getting some whispers to Monroe's thrown (Griffin would probably drop to #2 or #3 at worse).
    Do me a favor and name all of these 6'8 ultra-athletic power forwards that have worked out in the NBA in recent history...

Then again, when you compared Deandre Jordan to BJ Mullens you showed your knowledge... Rubio is the real deal.

Saw a basketball once

Is is hard to find one that is Uber-Athletic as you put it but 6'9 or less Power Forwards who have worked out (yet aren't as athletic as Griffin) are Paul Millsap Utah, Carlos Boozer Utah, Elton Brand 76ers, David Lee Knicks, David West Hornets, Udonis Haslem Heat Zach Randolph Clippers, Ben Wallace Cavaliers, Kenyon Martin Nuggets. Now all of these guys are not all stars but they have worked out. I know what is coming next the mid-range jumper thing but if you have watched Blake you have seen him hit the college 3 this year. He has even developed a nice little Tim Duncan bank shot as well. Even though I answered your question I don't think it is a fair question. I think your question is just as absurd as me asking you to name all the 7 foot white centers (Mullens) who have worked out in recent memory a list that would be smaller than the 6'8 power forward list or I could say name me the players from international ball that have worked out in recent memory (a list that is comparable to the 6'8 list). These are not fair questions that is why I don't ask them.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Mullens has no chance to go #1 overall this year over guys like Monroe, Griffin, Harden etc... If he is smart he would do what Griffin did. Stay in school one more year, improve your game and be a lock for the top 3 in the draft the following year.