Default Ron Artest applied to work at circuit city during his rookie season

many of you are already familiar with this, but just wanted to bring up this rather funny story for those who arent. Check this out. It's worth a read:

"One off-season, while still playing for the Chicago Bulls, Ron Artest applied for a job at Circuit City. On the job application he wrote down "NBA player" as his last job and used Bulls president Jerry Krause's name as a reference. And he did it all just so he could get the employee discount on home electronics."

from bullysports.com

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Ron Artest applied to work at circuit city during his rookie season

He should have referenced Tim Floyd, IMO.

Blu Ray

He should've done what he usually does. . . attack the elderly woman behind the register and threaten to murder he family if she doesn't give him the GameBoy.

Very good NBA starter

i like this guy. Wish he would stop getting so much hate. Hes a really good basketball player.

so he DIDN'T get the job?

man, you got a guy like artest on your CC roster, you eliminate half the ladders in the store... not a smart business move passing up on artest, CC.

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    i like this guy. Wish he would stop getting so much hate. Hes a really good basketball player.

Not hating him. I just find this to be an endearing story.........

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    Yeah, and not to mention he is a raving lunatic.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech

man, you got a guy like artest on your CC roster, you eliminate half the ladders in the store... not a smart business move passing up on artest, CC.
    Ladders? He should've been security.

I can see it now:

Artest: Excuse me ma'm, I'm not sure if you remembered that DVD that you put in your purse, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you meant to pay for it, but my job does not allow me to make that decision. I'm going to have to ask you to throw this plastic cup of beer into my face.

Lady: Uhh . . . What?

Artest: I'm going to beat you like I beat my wife.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    Chi wouldn't let him work for them. But if he used Floyd as a reference instead of Krause the organization never would know, because Floyd ain't no snitch. Word.

Ron has a family to feed. He needs that discount.

lol that's hilarious.

One of my favorite NBA stories of all time. I could see Gilbert Arenas doing something like this as well.

LMAO at this! Hopefully he will be smart enough and not end up broke like Antoine Walker when he retires

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I used to work at Circuit City. Employee discount was cost price, but the markup on electronics is not that high. He would have gotten speakers for a pretty good price. There is like a 50% markup on those.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I used to work at Circuit City. Employee discount was cost price, but the markup on electronics is not that high. He would have gotten speakers for a pretty good price. There is like a 50% markup on those.
    Don't forget those completely necessary Monster Cables