Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 LastLast

Default Re: you guys are selling B Jennings short!!!

I just realized how stupid my posts in this thread have been. You guys have shown me the light.

Brandon Jennings for MVP within 5 years.

After hanging 55 on the Warriors, there is no other possibility.

It's science.

Thanks for the education, fellas. My bad with that nonsense before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    you can say brandon jennings scored 55 points, or you can say brandon jennings averaged 55 points for one game
    by definition that is not an average

Certified ISHiot.

OP, you couldn't have just put this in one of the many other Brandon Jennings threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy77
    I just realized how stupid my posts in this thread have been. You guys have shown me the light.

Brandon Jennings for MVP within 5 years.

After hanging 55 on the Warriors, there is no other possibility.

It's science.

Thanks for the education, fellas. My bad with that nonsense before.
    wtf are u talking about. jennings is a top 5 mvp candidate right now. he took over many games to lead his team to victories without their 18 million player. . averaging 26 5 4.

Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Default Re: WTF ANYONE watching the Bucks Warriors games?

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    No big deal...only 42pts in 3 quarters. Kobe scored 62pts in 3 quarters agaisnt a much better team before
    This kid is a rookie FYI.

Default Re: Brandon Jennings scores 55 points in Bucks win over Warriors!

http://bit.ly/1VNCPC

statistic shows that Jennings' 3rd quarter was the most efficient scoring performance EVER .

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6kBc8h2sSQ

No wonder, Barkley loves this dude so much and begging the fans to vote him for all-star.

Saw a basketball once

he's a beast

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    GOBB and Knicks101 are both saying it's too early to start talking about what the draft order shout have been. If that's true, then it was way the **** to early to talk about what the draft order should have been on draft night. When you watch a young prospect play in 7 or 10 real life NBA games, you get a lot more information on what type of player they'll be than you do in 20 amateur games.

How many guys are drafted in the lotto based on 3 or 4 solid games in the NCAA tournament? And it's ok to make judgements based on that, but you can't do the same after 6 even better games against pros?
    You are too emotional that your points dont make much sense. And I never said it was ok to make judgements based on someone getting hot in a tourney thus getting drafted higher than they should have. Is it arguable B.Jennings based on his talent could have gone higher? Yes. Is it arguable he could have gone #1 over Blake Griffin? No. But somehow these pro games he has had leads you to believe its arguable.

82gm season but 8gms gives you enough confidence to assess a player properly? Ok. For a guy who is really critical of Allen Iversons career, you sure give Brandon Jennings passes for the things you criticized AI for doin. Funny.

Default Re: How come Jennings decided to go off?

Too many people ignorantly talk about "pass-first" as if it's better than shoot first. They assume that teams with a pass first pg win more games than teams with shoot first pg. Or that teams with lots of assists in general do better than teams with very few assists. It just isn't true. Studies have been done that show this.

There is no correlation at all between number of assists, or the pg's tendency to pass, and winning games. Nash, Stockton, Kidd, and Paul don't have championship rings. Steve Blake, Andre Miller, and Jose Calderon don't even guarantee their teams a playoff birth. It's just about the efficiency of the player.

Big difference between shoot first Wade at 50% accuracy, and shoot first Iverson at 40% accuracy. In fact ball dominant guards who shoot a ton, but with good efficiency (Wade, Kobe, Jordan) have done pretty well for themselves.

I think the pass-first style is a lot of fun to watch, and that's why Nash and Paul are my favorite current players. But they don't guarantee any championships.
    AI is a career .43% shooter. He's shot 40% only 2 times in his entire career. Why do you continue to refer to him as a 40% shooter?

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Is it arguable he could have gone #1 over Blake Griffin? No. But somehow these pro games he has had leads you to believe its arguable.
    Of course it's arguable. Jennings has at least two games that are better than any game Griffin has had in his life, and against much, much tougher competition. If the draft were re-done today, there's a chance some GMs would factor that information into their analysis. You know darn well that if Jennings scored 55 points in the NCAA tourney, he'd have been drafted way higher. But because it happened in the actual pros, it counts less?

82gm season but 8gms gives you enough confidence to assess a player properly? Ok.
    I better not ever see you give an opinion on any college players in the future, because they've played 8 fewer NBA games than Jennings has. It's going to be, "GOBB, NBA seasons are 82 games long, and you've seen them play 0 games - where'd you get the confidence to assess them properly?"

For a guy who is really critical of Allen Iversons career, you sure give Brandon Jennings passes for the things you criticized AI for doin. Funny.
    My criticism of AI has always been about his horrendous fg%. Jennings has an elite fg%.

If you think shooting in general is what I criticize, why have I never pointed the finger at Michael Jordan or Dwyane Wade. Efficient scoring helps your team; inefficient scoring hurts your team. This isn't rocket science.

AI is a career .43% shooter. He's shot 40% only 2 times in his entire career. Why do you continue to refer to him as a 40% shooter?
    He's shot 39%, 40%, 41% three times, and 42% five times in his career. The idea is that he's been around 40% for most of his career, and even under it too, which is ineffiecient.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    He's shot 39%, 40%, 41% three times, and 42% five times in his career. The idea is that he's been around 40% for most of his career, and even under it too, which is ineffiecient.
    He's a career 43% FG shooter. Where do you get 40% from? Your head or ass?

Of course it's arguable. Jennings has at least two games that are better than any game Griffin has had in his life, and against much, much tougher competition. If the draft were re-done today, there's a chance some GMs would factor that information into their analysis. You know darn well that if Jennings scored 55 points in the NCAA tourney, he'd have been drafted way higher. But because it happened in the actual pros, it counts less?
    No I dont know if Jennings would have gone higher had he dropped 55 in the tourney. He could have gone higher had he choose college and was an impact player however. Thus having a terrific showing during tourney time. THAT is possible. Your 55pts in a tourney game? Stop.

If the draft was redone today Blake Griffin would remain the #1 player picked.

I better not ever see you give an opinion on any college players in the future, because they've played 8 fewer NBA games than Jennings has. It's going to be, "GOBB, NBA seasons are 82 games long, and you've seen them play 0 games - where'd you get the confidence to assess them properly?"
    That wont happen because you dont watch college basketball nor are you in tune with the talent at the high school level. And you frequent the college forums rarely. So your best chance is whenever the draft thread is made sometime next year. Not sure the date but you get the idea.

My criticism of AI has always been about his horrendous fg%. Jennings has an elite fg%.
    elite? his fg% isnt that much different than AI 8gms into the season.

And this goes back to my point. Will Brandon Jennings keep up this level of "eliteness" or will it gradually decline to a certain level? I'm curious to see. And i'll be damned curious to see how you assess Jennings as his career progresses. See if this elite FG% is maintained. I'm gonna throw a lil change in vegas that if Jennings elite FG% drops you will defend it similar to how AI fans did his FG%. If I lose? I lose. But I like the bet myself.

If you think shooting in general is what I criticize, why have I never pointed the finger at Michael Jordan or Dwyane Wade. Efficient scoring helps your team; inefficient scoring hurts your team. This isn't rocket science.
    Wade has won no more than Allen Iverson since the big fella left town. If anything Wade is nothing more than a larger/bigger version of AI. Their games are similar in nature.

I get it, this kid is the best thing Milw Bucks fans have had since the Big 3 (Big Dog, Ray Allen, Sam Cassell). You can continue on with your fan support. Lets hope you dont forget (which u probably will) that I'm not anti Jennings or wishing/hoping he fails. I like his talent and have defended him over the summer. So I dont care to see any wise ass remarks whenever he does good.

He sure made Joe Alexander a distant memory.

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

If the draft was redone today Blake Griffin would remain the #1 player picked.
    How about if Jennings scored 100 against the Warriors, and was leading the league in scoring? Would that change anything? How about if he scored 200?

You're SERIOUSLY understating the magnitude of what this kid just accomplished. Believe it or not, rookies dropping 55 in their 7th game in the league doesn't happen every day.