View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:45 AM   #23
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble
Default Re: Can't teach height..

Originally Posted by boceltballa
Don't worry about height man...I am only 5' 5" and 5' 6" on a good day. I have done research myself and I think all those growth programs are all just a hoax. I was told I was going to be 5'10" to 6' 3" when I was young. I ended up down here at 5' 5" because I had a growth disorder. I've dealt with it. I can't say it hasn't been hard. Luckily it doesn't make me the shortest in the family.

To try and help your growth hope...stretching is the only option that I know of. I think if you consistently do it you can add 2-4 inches. Although I will stress that I am not sure if it works but have read about it and the arguments behind stretching are well explained and backed up.

Ex: A pitcher's throwing arm is always longer than the other.

I have an e-book that talks all about it. If I can find it, I'll e-mail it to you if you give me your e-mail address. I've thought about doing the exercises myself - Hey! It's worth a shot. I do not know if there are any health risks to stretching.

About two years ago a doctor told me I would be 5' 10". I still have my hopes up hoping I get the growth spurt I never got. All you have to do is stay positive because even if you do stay at that height, at least you are healthy.

Great read. I've thought about stretching too, I hear it really does help. How old are you? that could determine how many years left you have to grow. Everyone is diffrent though.
If you do find that book, my email is
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote