Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Knicks brass may try to force Mike D'Antoni to bring on a defensive-minded assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204

It's time.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Knicks brass may try to force Mike D'Antoni to bring on a defensive-minded assistant

Lawrence Franks issues in NJ in the latter were a team that quit on him,injuries, and also He was young. For NBA head coach Frank was like 33-34 years old.

The guy is short and looks like a lil kid with receding hairline,but hemakes great adjustments and is perfect for a respected intimidating coach(Rivers)

People forget Doc got fired when Orlando made that crappy run of losing games.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Lets get the Mike Brown'toni era started

The Knicks had their first winning season in 10 years. D'Antoni isn't going anywhere. A defensive assistant coach will help a lot. No need to fire D'Antoni, at least not now.

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    The Knicks had their first winning season in 10 years. D'Antoni isn't going anywhere. A defensive assistant coach will help a lot. No need to fire D'Antoni, at least not now.
    except we all know Dantoni will not accept a defensive assistant just like he didnt in phx

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

If he won't accept a defensive assistant I don't see what's to keep them from firing him. It's not like he's done an amazing job and is irreplaceable. Team could be better off if they hired away a guy like Lawrence Frank from the Cs as his replacement.

But I will agree with those that say if D'Antoni is replaced the new coach needs to be not only a better defensive coach but also a big personality that can deal with egos, because getting the most out of the Knicks may well involve forcing Melo to change his attitude towards defense as well as sharing the basketball. I remember when Doc Rivers came here, he had to bench Pierce to get him playing the way he wanted. Will the new coach have the guts to bench Anthony if/when he doesn't conform, and will management back that coach up?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Say he comes back next year, and the Knicks win 55 games. Now they have to resign him, and that would basically be the nail in the coffin of their title hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    And what if D'Antoni says no?
    What would your boss do to you if you said no to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    What would your boss do to you if you said no to him?
    So finish it out. If D'Antoni refuses to take a defensive coach, then what?

Then his boss will reward him.It takes a lot of courage to stand against your boss.

Boss will surely appreciate that.

Oh gee, lemme think wut happenz when i sey no to me boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Oh gee, lemme think wut happenz when i sey no to me boss.

You mean this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz7zo1BvvA4

Saw a basketball once

Seriously I'm not a guy to wish for somebody to get fired, but by know with Mr. Pringles being a coach in the league for years, Team owners have to know this guy will get u nowhere. He brings the Golden State Warriors and Suns mentalility to the playoffs. By now u know he does'nt want to change so find a replacement. U can keep adding good players to the Knicks all u want but with Mr. Pringles coaching they are going to play like the Globetrotters.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If he won't accept a defensive assistant I don't see what's to keep them from firing him. It's not like he's done an amazing job and is irreplaceable. Team could be better off if they hired away a guy like Lawrence Frank from the Cs as his replacement.

But I will agree with those that say if D'Antoni is replaced the new coach needs to be not only a better defensive coach but also a big personality that can deal with egos, because getting the most out of the Knicks may well involve forcing Melo to change his attitude towards defense as well as sharing the basketball. I remember when Doc Rivers came here, he had to bench Pierce to get him playing the way he wanted. Will the new coach have the guts to bench Anthony if/when he doesn't conform, and will management back that coach up?
    I agree with your post, but did Doc bench Pierce during the losing season before KG and Ray got there?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I agree with your post, but did Doc bench Pierce during the losing season before KG and Ray got there?
    No. If my memory serves me correctly he was yanked during a game in Rivers' first year as coach. Pierce and Rivers were fine after the first season together.