Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

it never fails to make me laugh when i here people call ball players "studs" or "beasts". i know its very common but its just a little. how shall i say.... gay

Banned

NBA body, great hands, high motor

he'll have a solid NBA career

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    NBA body, great hands, high motor

he'll have a solid NBA career

We'll find out some more about Pekovic tonight......... Orlando has a pretty fair center really.

How well does he show up now - mid-season when everyone has seen some tape and sees what he can and can't do?

The game is set for 7:00 p.m. ET and can be seen on NBA TV.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    We'll find out some more about Pekovic tonight......... Orlando has a pretty fair center really.

How well does he show up now - mid-season when everyone has seen some tape and sees what he can and can't do?

The game is set for 7:00 p.m. ET and can be seen on NBA TV.
    it should be a good matchup, if he's as smart of a baller as i think he is he'll try to get howard into foul trouble early

Peković can be a very solid NBA center.

I watched him play in Euroleague and he was impressive so I'm not surprised at all by his recent performance.

He's surely better than Darko Miličić.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Peković can be a very solid NBA center.

I watched him play in Euroleague and he was impressive so I'm not surprised at all by his recent performance.

He's surely better than Darko Miličić.
    careful, i heard if we say that word "he who must not be named" will come back

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by returnofthemack
    it never fails to make me laugh when i here people call ball players "studs" or "beasts". i know its very common but its just a little. how shall i say.... gay
    How is 'beast' gay? I can understand 'stud', but 'beast' is gay?

NBA lottery pick

it should be a good matchup, if he's as smart of a baller as i think he is he'll try to get howard into foul trouble early
    If the Wolves, mostly Ridnour, throw the ball down low to him.

Can't tell you how many times Pek has had excellent low post position, but because the Wolves didn't give him the ball, he got called for a 3-seconds.

And what really sucks is that the refs are calling Pek for 3 second calls very fast. Most players can camp out in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds with no call, but Pek is barely in there for 3 seconds and a whistle is blown.

Book 'em Dan'l

all i can say is the guy is a double double machine. he's putting up so much solid games lately i'm considering trading dwight howard for some solid shooters to beef up my 3 point stats (i'm dead last. )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    If the Wolves, mostly Ridnour, throw the ball down low to him.

Can't tell you how many times Pek has had excellent low post position, but because the Wolves didn't give him the ball, he got called for a 3-seconds.

And what really sucks is that the refs are calling Pek for 3 second calls very fast. Most players can camp out in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds with no call, but Pek is barely in there for 3 seconds and a whistle is blown.
    yea but there is more than one way but against howard the other way is not so easy

he has to battle for offensive rebounds and try and wear him down and make him commit bad fouls

physically he should be up to the task, however, so should howard

Dunking on everybody in the park Alan's Avatar

One thing he needs to improve is keeping the ball away from smaller defenders. There have been plenty of occasions where he makes a move but keeps the ball down low and gets stripped. This usually happens without a foul call as well. I think 3 second calls and strips are the only ways he turns the ball over. Perhaps a couple of travel calls earlier in the season too.

16/13/1/1 vs dwight. guy is a monster on the offensive glass. plus, he played well defensively

Book 'em Dan'l

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    16/13/1/1 vs dwight. guy is a monster on the offensive glass. plus, he played well defensively
    most times dwight was on him though dwight gobbled him up

he did beat him a couple of times on the offensive boards which is promising, if he can do it against dwight he can do it against anyone

how meaningful those minutes were? now that's where the real question is i guess, this game got out of hand quickly lol

Certified ISHiot.

most times dwight was on him though dwight gobbled him up
    There was one play where he sealed Dwight and spun right off of him for a dunk. Most of his other shots (both made and missed), aside from his two baskets in the final minute, came from his work on the offensive glass. He didn't get that many looks in the post maybe partly because of Dwight but also because they kept turning the ball over trying to throw it to him (not his fault all but maybe one time). I didn't think it was clear that Dwight effected him offensively... he just wasn't fed in the post tonight so it was hard to tell.

Overall I thought he out-played Dwight for sure. Howard couldn't get position on him at all. Howard never beat him down the floor one time, and only got loose for one alley-oop dunk (I guess he got loose for two, but f@cked one up). Pekovic didn't allow him to get any offensive boards either. I think the only one he got when Pekovic was in the game was the one where Pek had to pick up someone else.