Default Re: Assassin's creed 3

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Wow, AC3 being really overrated now. For me:

AC2
    AC: Brotherhood
    AC3
    AC
    AC: Revelations
    I feel the same. But I'm also not quite finished with 3 yet, IMO it may pass up Brotherhood, but 2 will be awfully hard at this point for me.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

I finished it yesterday and it was worse than AC2, brotherhood and tied with revelations. Just my opinion. Brotherhood had clearly the best environment with awesome, beautiful cities and for me, personally, easier money, buying system.
    Brotherhood may be my favorite of all.

I swear the one view point in the frontier is impossible to get. It's in one of those giant trees and every time I try to reach the top I end up diving into a pile of hay.

Stop using the jump button? I kept making that mistake because of the previous games.

Found all of of the tunnel entrances and collected all the Almanac pages in NY. Got annoyed with the pages in Boston so started working on the Trinkets instead. I've found 18/24 so far. Hoping finding the last map is more fun than the stupid sunken ship up north.

Still only about 60% I think.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I haven't played in a week or so, but the last thing I did was chew up all the tunnells, and finish off the Boston Brawler missions.

I've got a few more shipping missions, but I'm trying to upgrade my ship before I do them.

I think I'm at 74%, and I just started what is supposed to be the last run in the animus for Desmond, so I know my main mission stuff is just about done.

74%? Are you hitting most of the optional objectives or something? With all the little things I'd have to do to get that far, I can see myself just getting bored and giving up. Still, I'd like to reach 75% first...

74%? Are you hitting most of the optional objectives or something? With all the little things I'd have to do to get that far, I can see myself just getting bored and giving up. Still, I'd like to reach 75% first...

I've pretty much stripped the maps bare. All the treasures, feathers, trinkets, almanacs. Done all the Boston Brawler stuff, done all the tunnell stuff. And I've conciously worked on some of the other list type stuff, like the delivery stuff I've done all of. Right now I have a few theive things to figure out, and maybe a few of the soldier things. I don't remember. And I do every homestead mission as it appears.

Honestly the thing holding me back are the side objectives in the missions. I'm not restarting memories to get things like the "don't get detected", or "don't touch the water" side elements of missions. And I'm not sure it's something I'll got back and do later.

I bought this game & Revelations, but I just started Revelations the other day and haven't played it since.

It's a great game and all, but I just don't find it as entertaining as AC2. I think that was the best one by far.

I'll start AC3 as soon as I'm done with ACR.

I thought I would enjoy Revelations a lot more than I did because it was set in Istanbul, but I was pretty disappointed with the game. I found the ending to be very satisfying though, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I've pretty much stripped the maps bare. All the treasures, feathers, trinkets, almanacs. Done all the Boston Brawler stuff, done all the tunnell stuff. And I've conciously worked on some of the other list type stuff, like the delivery stuff I've done all of. Right now I have a few theive things to figure out, and maybe a few of the soldier things. I don't remember. And I do every homestead mission as it appears.

Honestly the thing holding me back are the side objectives in the missions. I'm not restarting memories to get things like the "don't get detected", or "don't touch the water" side elements of missions. And I'm not sure it's something I'll got back and do later.
    Yeah I didn't even know half of what you're talking about. I guess I should pay more attention to Connor's logbook! And what the hell are you supposed to do with the recipes you unlock?

Anyway, I finished the Captain Kidd stuff last night and am now working to finish all of the Homestead missions. I'm sure I'm up to 65% now. I really the idea of building your own little community in the homestead.

I thought I would enjoy Revelations a lot more than I did because it was set in Istanbul, but I was pretty disappointed with the game. I found the ending to be very satisfying though, if that helps.

Yeah I didn't even know half of what you're talking about. I guess I should pay more attention to Connor's logbook! And what the hell are you supposed to do with the recipes you unlock?

Anyway, I finished the Captain Kidd stuff last night and am now working to finish all of the Homestead missions. I'm sure I'm up to 65% now. I really the idea of building your own little community in the homestead.

The recipes are a little disappointing to me. I liked the idea at first, but a lot of them just don't lead anywhere. The inventions wind up in your house on the homestead, and get a little tidbit written about them. There are a few weapons that you can make and then use. And there are some menial items that you need to make for some of the delivery missions. A lot of the other items are pieces that you need to eventually get to the item you need for the delivery missions. Like the alcohol and medicines for example, you can't make those without barrells apparently, or glass jars, or other items like that, so you have to sort of piece your way through them backwards.

The thing I really don't get yet is the caravan stuff. I suppose I'm supposed to send out a caravan and then protect it? But I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

lol, I wish we could play on the same save because we could likely combine for a 100% completion. I get way more enjoyment trying to hit all the side challenges during missions than I do from scavenging. I think the only scavenging I really enjoy in AC games is getting all the viewpoints. The panoramic view with the music gets me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    lol, I wish we could play on the same save because we could likely combine for a 100% completion. I get way more enjoyment trying to hit all the side challenges during missions than I do from scavenging. I think the only scavenging I really enjoy in AC games is getting all the viewpoints. The panoramic view with the music gets me every time.
    That's my favorite part too. That's the first thing I do on every map, rip through and hit all the viewpoints.

I hadn't played in a while, and got a couple hours in last night and did more side achievement crap.
    Disarm 10 Jagers and kill them with their own weapon. That wasn't so hard, except actually getting the Jagers to come out you have to be at Level Three Notorious. Then to take their weapon you have to be bare handed, which means you're running around being chased by everyone with no weapon activated. I could get a couple Jagers each time before being killed. So it took me like 5 lives to get it.
    Then I did the use a human shield 10 times while being shot it. That was a pain in the ass too. I hadn't done it since the initial tutorial. It was pretty easy once I figured it out, but again, you gotta be pretty well surrounded.

One of these days I'll actually finish the story line I suppose.

So I have three more club lists to finish and I believe I'll be done with all of them.

One is the Frontiersman Club, where I just have one achievement left, to listen to all of George Washington's conversations, which I'm guessing I just haven't opened the last few yet.

Second is the Hometead Club, where I have to observe Homesteaders doing Homesteady things, which is pretty stupid. Mostly I just have to run around and catch them at the right time, which I sort of do at my leisure.

But the third, the theive's club, I have to catch a courier, and frankly I'm sure I've ever even seen a courier.
    Anyone have any experience with this?
    I've looked online and found some advice, but nothing has worked so far. And even the advice I'm getting is stuff like go to this spot and wait half an hour and one might show up.

I've seen those guys running around in forts but never tried to catch one.

Just picked this game up yesterday and played for an hour or so. I haven't played any of the other ones, but the American Revolution is my favorite point in history. Did all the other ones start out this slow? Just doing a ton of running in completely pitch black environments and I'm not feeling it so far.