Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Harrison Barnes is coming back for sophomore season

via PTI

Default Re: Harrison Barnes is coming back for sophomore season

Cool.This kid is going to be something special if he stays in school 2-3 more years. Heck if he stays for all four years, it is really going to help his game and UNC.

Between all the freshmans i think he's the most well prepared to become an NBA player, but glad to hear that he's going to stay .. UNC getting scary for next season.

He better he had a horrible freshman season

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Cool.This kid is going to be something special if he stays in school 2-3 more years. Heck if he stays for all four years, it is really going to help his game and UNC.
    I don't think staying that long would help him that much. He definitely could use another year under his belt, but 2 or 3 more may be too much, unless he's just really loving college..which I can understand.

From what I've gathered (99.9% of my info comes from the Inside Carolina pay board) Barnes and his mother have both said a decision has not been made yet.

Now, last night word started to spread on Twitter that he would announce on Tuesday his intentions to return to UNC for his sophomore season. However, tonight it is being reported that Henson will announce by Saturday and Barnes will make his decision in the next 1-2 weeks.

It does seem, though, that Barnes is leaning towards coming back. I wasn't just "speculating" when I was claiming that all three of Barnes, Henson, and Zeller returning was a real possibility. Many "connected" people have felt if UNC failed to win a national title this year Barnes would return and, as a result, so would Henson and Zeller.

If all three do leave, though, I will not be surprised. However, if all three return, UNC is going to be SCARY good next year.

I'll wait til the deadline to declare. I dont buy anyones words right now. Too early.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'll wait til the deadline to declare. I dont buy anyones words right now. Too early.
    Same here.

What I find funny is there is a 15ish page thread on a Duke message board about this and on UNC's board the thread is only about 5 or 6 pages long. Duke fans are absolutely freaking out about Barnes possibly returning.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    que?

Apparently you completely ignored the entire second half of the season. By tourney time he was one of the 5-10 best players in the country.

LilBTheBasedGod

(click on the picture)

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Why?

He's basically a guaranteed top 5 with strong potential to go top 3 in such a weak draft. Sure he may like school and all but it's dumb to risk that kind of guaranteed money unless he's from a filthy rich family.

I'm sure once he talks to some informed people he'll realize that the smart move is to declare.

LilBTheBasedGod

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Why?

He's basically a guaranteed top 5 with strong potential to go top 3 in such a weak draft. Sure he may like school and all but it's dumb to risk that kind of guaranteed money unless he's from a filthy rich family.

I'm sure once he talks to some informed people he'll realize that the smart move is to declare.
    lockout

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
    lockout
    And? When was the last time a lockout killed an entire year in a sport? He'd still have his guaranteed contract.

Top 5 guaranteed money is huge. Especially in a draft with no clear-cut #1 guy. If you can put on a good show in the pre-draft combine and workouts, #1 pick money is still up for grabs.

LilBTheBasedGod

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    And? When was the last time a lockout killed an entire year in a sport? He'd still have his guaranteed contract.

Top 5 guaranteed money is huge. Especially in a draft with no clear-cut #1 guy. If you can put on a good show in the pre-draft combine and workouts, #1 pick money is still up for grabs.
    Well maybe hes not like LeBron James and he actually wants to become a better player instead of making money