Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hickson for Casspi? Advanced talks

Are you kidding me? They want to move Hickson for Casspi?

I thought they could do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    A borderline star? Please. Hickson will never be a star nor make an all star game.

Ehhh. I would not say that. He is still only 22, crazier things have happened in the NBA. He has improved every year he has been in the league and has shown explosiveness at times, it just needs to be consistent. Still, I would not be happy trading JJ straight up for Casspi. Give me Casspi and Greene or Casspi and Thompson, I might be a little happier.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Amazing. One of the reasons the Cavs didn't want to trade for Amare was because they didn't want to give up Hickson.

If they had trade for Amare, LBJ and Amare would both be in Cleveland right now.
    how many times do cleveland fans have to tell you that we did throw in hickson, but phoenix backed down.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Are you kidding me? They want to move Hickson for Casspi?

I thought they could do better than that.
    1st round pick foo.

Read.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Ehhh. I would not say that. He is still only 22, crazier things have happened in the NBA. He has improved every year he has been in the league and has shown explosiveness at times, it just needs to be consistent. Still, I would not be happy trading JJ straight up for Casspi. Give me Casspi and Greene or Casspi and Thompson, I might be a little happier.
    I'm not trying to say Hickson sucks or anything, but I don't see him becoming anything more than a very solid starting caliber 4. Regardless, Hickson >>>> Casspi.

Serious playground baller KingJay718's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Amazing. One of the reasons the Cavs didn't want to trade for Amare was because they didn't want to give up Hickson.

If they had trade for Amare, LBJ and Amare would both be in Cleveland right now.

Amare wouldn't have re-upped with the Cavs.

Good trade. Seems even. The SF slot in Cleveland was a revolving door last season. OC had a sophmore slump last season, but I haven't lost faith in his talents. JJ Hickson is a good player.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    JJ is a borderline star, on the cusp of it. he's WAY better than Casspi, who barely even cracked the Kings rotation. i'm not saying Casspi is terrible, since he's tall, athletic, and can knock down 3's, but JJ is a WAY better and more proven player. its not even close.

JJ came into his own last year. before last year i'd say he was overrated and maybe a bust, but last year when he was getting shots and run, he was beasting more games than not. i mean putting up damn near 20/10 type numbers...
    WTF. Now, sure, he was a much improved player last year (mostly from getting more run), but this shit is over the top. Dude put up 14/9 on 45% shooting. He will never be a star. 20/10 my ass

I don't know why Hickson has such a good reputation in ISH. Is he really really good on NBA2k or something?

Hickson is an average rebounder and a below average everything else. I don't see him becoming much better than this either. Pretty even roleplayer trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    JJ is a borderline star, on the cusp of it. he's WAY better than Casspi, who barely even cracked the Kings rotation. i'm not saying Casspi is terrible, since he's tall, athletic, and can knock down 3's, but JJ is a WAY better and more proven player. its not even close.

JJ came into his own last year. before last year i'd say he was overrated and maybe a bust, but last year when he was getting shots and run, he was beasting more games than not. i mean putting up damn near 20/10 type numbers...
    lol @ "borderline star"

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    A borderline star? Please. Hickson will never be a star nor make an all star game.

did you watch Cle much last year? he was dominant some games. only problem is he makes dumb mistakes or fumbles the ball a lot, or is wishy washy where he doesn't show up some games, but he can dominate when he does.

i'd say at the very least he's well above average at the position, and could end up a star. like i said borderline....

and Casspi is nowhere near IMO. not saying he can't be better with higher value, if anything its probably low due to his PT in Sac, but as of now he isn't remotely close to JJ's value IMO.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 06-30-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Hickson averaged 17/12 post ASB.

Official and done

basketballtalk Kurt Helin
    by docktora
    Pick goes to Cavs RT @mr_jasonjones: Trade is done. Omri Casspi headed to Cleveland for J.J. HIckson and a conditional first round pick.
    6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Hopefully its not a 2012 pick, i wanna see SacTown pick up Perry Jones, or James McAdoo.

i read it most likely top 10 protected

Sounds like it is lottery protected, which is a bad deal.