Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Default Re: Blake Griffin throws down best NBA dunk of year on Kendrick Perkins Jan. 30, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    This.

Although the elevation and the fact that he did it over Perkins was impressive the Dunk itself was not so crazy... he didn't even grab the rim and may not have even touched it.

I dont see why people are going nuts over it.
    So you can't watch a replay and clearly see he touches the rim? Why would he have grabbed the rim from the position he was in?

Why are you going so nuts over a guy doing a normal alley oop over a guy 5'11 and backing back not affecting an alley oop because the guy went over him while he was also kinda ducking. Anyone can nitpick like you do and be a wanker...

Default Re: Blake Griffin throws down best NBA dunk of year on Kendrick Perkins Jan. 30, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Blake Griffin is slowly closing the gap between him and Amare Stoudemaire. Though unlikely, there is still a chance that he can surpass Amare in 2-4 years I guess.
    Have you been watching the NBA lately. Griffin is surpassing Amar'e right now as we speak. He's probably going to do it between this or next year. Especially with the way Amar'e is stinking it up right now.

HELLO!? Do you know who won? The Confederates or Union? FREE THE BLACKS! FREE THEM ALL!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    The people downplaying this dunk clearly did not watch it live. It was intense.
    My uncle slap me hard in the head because screaming like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    RT @basketballtalk Perk on Griffin dunk: "It was a good play." Said if you're a shot blocker it happens sometimes. He was gracious about it.
    damn, such a statement will be on every front page tomorrow

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    So you can't watch a replay and clearly see he touches the rim? Why would he have grabbed the rim from the position he was in?

Why are you going so nuts over a guy doing a normal alley oop over a guy 5'11 and backing back not affecting an alley oop because the guy went over him while he was also kinda ducking. Anyone can nitpick like you do and be a wanker...

because he is one of those people that always objects or has a friend of a friend who has seen or done better

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

now that i think about it, Griffin's dunk tonight sort of reminded of Keon Clark over Shawn Bradley. It didn't have the star factor but the force of it was just as impressive. It's been that long since the NBA had a dunk like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ALAf186lLA

Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    because he is one of those people that always objects or has a friend of a friend who has seen or done better
    lol I think its one of the best Dunks from this season and amazing I just dont think its the dunk of the year or something ultra incredible.

Its unique and impressive... but outside of the elevation he got (which isnt absurd for the top tier of athletes in the league) and the fact that perkins jumped into him as he did it I dont think the rest of the dunk was that spectacular.

i like that kendrick perkins is trending higher on twitter than blake haha

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

lol I think its one of the best Dunks from this season and amazing I just dont think its the dunk of the year or something ultra incredible.

Its unique and impressive... but outside of the elevation he got (which isnt absurd for the top tier of athletes in the league) and the fact that perkins jumped into him as he did it I dont think the rest of the dunk was that spectacular.
    lol.. please

if lebron could do what blake just did, you'd be creaming in your panties.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

At least Perk is being classy about it and taking it like a man instead of being a douche.

Perkins just said the play was clean and legit, not an offensive foul by Griffin (hold people cried about). He also said it was an amazing play and that he just wishes he wasn't the one in it.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

what do you think of this play then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jUUMCvLPFU

going by your standards this dunk is pretty much a 5/10

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

If you can't see how amazing this dunk is I'd say pass me whatever you've got rolled up there...

that was the best dunk I've ever seen, and I've spent HOURS watching highlight footage on youtube (the only guy that comes remotely close is Vince Carter).

It wasn't entirely in-your-face nasty like Shaq throwdowns or Darvin Ham tomahawks, but the leap and the extension was something to behold; cartoon- like even.

Some dunks are more graceful or ferocious or clutch, but Blake over Perkins was definitely the most impressive dunk. If I wanted to prove that humans can defy gravity, I would show people that dunk.
    If I was trying to get my date into bed, I'd show her footage of that dunk.
    If I was fishing for marlin, I'd use that footage as bait.

Blake Griffin, you are a beast. People moan and groan about his faults, but then he reminds us why he became a household name in the first place. It's not because he averages 20 and 10, it's because he soars in the clouds...
    Last edited by FindingTim; 02-13-2012 at 02:03 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    If you can't see how amazing this dunk is I'd say pass me whatever you've got rolled up there...

that was the best dunk I've ever seen, and I've spent HOURS watching highlight footage on youtube (the only guy that comes remotely close is Vince Carter).

It wasn't entirely in-your-face nasty like Shaq throwdowns or Darvin Ham tomahawks, but the leap and the extension was something to behold; cartoon- like even.

It wasn't the best dunk I've ever seen, because some are more graceful or ferocious or clutch, but Blake over Perkins was definitely the most impressive dunk. If I wanted to prove that humans can defy gravity, I would show people that dunk.
    If I was trying to get my date into bed, I'd show her footage of that dunk.
    If I was fishing for marlin, I'd use that footage as bait.

Blake Griffin, you are a beast. People moan and groan about his faults, but then he reminds us why he became a household name in the first place. It's not because he averages 20 and 10, it's because he soars in the clouds...
    That^

Dunking on everybody in the park CardiacKemba's Avatar

You can never single out one play or one moment, but that is EASILY one of the craziest, sickest, baddest, nastiest, downright filthiest dunks I have ever seen.

Pure insanity. To be honest no words do it justice.

I don't even get all that excited on plays like these, but that dunk was horrifying. Did you hear me? HORRIFYING.