Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Protein Powder....which brand do you use?

Guys how many of you can actually tell how many calories are you consuming (+-200kcal)? How many of you can actually tell how your macros are approximately sorted?

Because that's FARRRR more important for any gains or weight loss than what kind od protein powder you use. So cut the bullshit and rather focus on the important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Guys how many of you can actually tell how many calories are you consuming (+-200kcal)? How many of you can actually tell how your macros are approximately sorted?

Because that's FARRRR more important for any gains or weight loss than what kind od protein powder you use. So cut the bullshit and rather focus on the important stuff.
    This is what I'm saying. Tards like Hateraid are overemphasizing protein powder. Cheap does fine. A steak does best.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    This is what I'm saying. Tards like Hateraid are overemphasizing protein powder. Cheap does fine. A steak does best.

You can take advice from whoever you please and buy whatever you like. When have I ever overemphasized what protein to take? Just because I said there are proteins that absorb differently doesn't mean I said that is the end all and be all. Every supplement thread including the ones that I've created I've always endorsed the idea of protein is protein no matter what the source is. And I have never said take protein within half an hour after workout. I said certain ones can fully absorb within half an hour, doesn't mean I said that is the best one to take. But read into it however you like.
    The only argument I presented is that not all manufacturers process protein the same. Saying the cheap stuff is fine is like saying Absolut is the same as Grey Goose, or a Hyundai is the same as Lexus. It's not the same and labels are manipulated to skew protein content.
    You'd think this is helpful advice but somehow it's interpreted as agenda driven.
    Again, believe what you want, you're exactly what cheap supplement companies target.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid

You can take advice from whoever you please and buy whatever you like. When have I ever overemphasized what protein to take? Just because I said there are proteins that absorb differently doesn't mean I said that is the end all and be all. Every supplement thread including the ones that I've created I've always endorsed the idea of protein is protein no matter what the source is. And I have never said take protein within half an hour after workout. I said certain ones can fully absorb within half an hour, doesn't mean I said that is the best one to take. But read into it however you like.
    The only argument I presented is that not all manufacturers process protein the same. Saying the cheap stuff is fine is like saying Absolut is the same as Grey Goose, or a Hyundai is the same as Lexus. It's not the same and labels are manipulated to skew protein content.
    You'd think this is helpful advice but somehow it's interpreted as agenda driven.
    Again, believe what you want, you're exactly what cheap supplement companies target.
    If protein is protein (as you have agreed) then how does any of this matter in regards to gaining strength and size? How does it matter how it's made if the end result is still PROTEIN.

Local High School Star

You're both right so no need to call him tard. Cheap does more than fine I completely agree with you but Hateraid is also telling the truth when he says that there are differencies between protein powders.

I personally don't use protein powders anymore because I like normal food more. Not that there's anything wrong with them. I would use them only when I would need high protein powder to make all kinds of desserts or when I'm cutting and I'm really low with calories so you don't want those extra fats and carbs in every meal, that's when protein powder comes to use for me.

EDIT: Thinking about it now I'm not so sure cheap is always fine but you can't be sure with expensive eihter. In the past I've read some studies where there were cheap powders with labels claiming that it contains like 80grams of protein/ 100grams of powder but when they tested it it contained like 5g of Protein/100g of powder.

So you never can be sure and nothing beats normal food.
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 07-10-2014 at 12:06 PM.

If protein is protein (as you have agreed) then how does any of this matter in regards to gaining strength and size? How does it matter how it's made if the end result is still PROTEIN.
    Read the labels. Do you ever see glutamine peptides in protein? Why do you think it's in there? Because it's a fraction of the cost of whey protein but still contributes to the protein amount on the bottle. You know what glutamine peptides are? A cheap byproduct of gluten used as fillers that has little benefit yet contributes to overall protein amount. These and many more label tricks are used to drive down costs and are more prevelant in "cheaper" brands.
    That and many more tricks are used to drive down costs. Like I said, you get what you pay for.
    I can go on but it just falls on deaf ears, then supplement companies laugh all the way to the bank

Read the labels. Do you ever see glutamine peptides in protein? Why do you think it's in there? Because it's a fraction of the cost of whey protein but still contributes to the protein amount on the bottle. You know what glutamine peptides are? A cheap byproduct of gluten used as fillers that has little benefit yet contributes to overall protein amount. These and many more label tricks are used to drive down costs and are more prevelant in "cheaper" brands.
    That and many more tricks are used to drive down costs. Like I said, you get what you pay for.
    I can go on but it just falls on deaf ears, then supplement companies laugh all the way to the bank
    Tell me. Why do people take protein powders?

Tell me. Why do people take protein powders?
    Convenience

Convenience
    And what is that convenience?

And what is that convenience?
    To give people alternatives to fill nutritional gaps

I know where you're going with this, so just stop it. You can take what I say and interpret it any way you like. You're going to find a way to flip what I say into something negative so might as well cut it off before this gets long and drawn out

NBA Finals

Whey Protein isolate & Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass.

Serious Mass is a weight gainer but has lots of protein. Good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Plowking can you just post a photo of yourself to shut him the **** up.
    I have an account on bodybuilding.com with progress shots and I think 1 or 2 videos of lifts. If anyone is smart enough to find it, then by all means, go ahead and post them. They are on a public forum, so whatever I guess.

Didn't you just say prior in the thread that longer absorbing protein is used for weight loss compared to others? Yet, why do you have people taking casien before bed?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Didn't you just say prior in the thread that longer absorbing protein is used for weight loss compared to others? Yet, why do you have people taking casien before bed?
    The casein before bed is to remain anabolic throughout a whole sleep period. More traditional proteins keep an anabolic state for up to 4-6 hours. Then the body goes catabolic. Due to the nature of casein curddling in the system it has a slower release having a longer state of protein synthesis.
    Bodybuilders who time their alarms to wake up to have their mid sleep protein use this as an alternative.
    Now go and tell me about my broscience and dispute me which I know you so eagerly want to do

The casein before bed is to remain anabolic throughout a whole sleep period. More traditional proteins keep an anabolic state for up to 4-6 hours. Then the body goes catabolic. Due to the nature of casein curddling in the system it has a slower release having a longer state of protein synthesis.
    Bodybuilders who time their alarms to wake up to have their mid sleep protein use this as an alternative.
    Now go and tell me about my broscience and dispute me which I know you so eagerly want to do
    I thought this whole going catabolic over night scare was put to rest a few years ago?