Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: NBA 2K12 release date is TODAY! Who is getting it?

Snagged the Larry Bird cover this morning. I figured I had MJ last year and the Magic picture wasn't even of prime Magic, so I went for the guy in green. Couldn't help but wonder if the clerk thought it was more than a coincidence that the white guy wanted to buy the game with the white guy on the cover. I felt like I should have prefaced my request with, "Now, I assure you all my favorite players are black but. . ."

Anyhow, there was a brief moment of trepidation upon opening my game because I've been hearing a lot of the folks who bought the game early did not receive their code for the two bonus teams ('91 Warriors, '02 Kings). Thankfully, I received the code, so I am pleased. Game's in my car's middle console for now though, for I must work until later today. I am looking forward to 2K time. And hopefully the lockout ends soon.

I usually hit open layups mountainmamba's Avatar

All four years of college I had a roommate who had a ps3 or xbox. Now I'm graduated and out on my own and I have neither. This game looks so good I'm buying a ps3 and 2k12 on Wednesday. Gonna be some tired mornings at work over the next few weeks. Does anyone know if best buy, game stop, walmart, etc sell refurbished ps3's that cost a little less?

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Snagged the Larry Bird cover this morning. I figured I had MJ last year and the Magic picture wasn't even of prime Magic, so I went for the guy in green. Couldn't help but wonder if the clerk thought it was more than a coincidence that the white guy wanted to buy the game with the white guy on the cover. I felt like I should have prefaced my request with, "Now, I assure you all my favorite players are black but. . ."

Anyhow, there was a brief moment of trepidation upon opening my game because I've been hearing a lot of the folks who bought the game early did not receive their code for the two bonus teams ('91 Warriors, '02 Kings). Thankfully, I received the code, so I am pleased. Game's in my car's middle console for now though, for I must work until later today. I am looking forward to 2K time. And hopefully the lockout ends soon.

Haha, same here. Except that actually is part of the reason I chose Bird. Gotta support em.

my story....

made it to Gamestop

chill for a little bit and got bad that all of the Pizza were gone

then got home and played the shit out of it.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

I didn't pre-order the game...But I got the code and the classic teams

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    word.
    sentence.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

I just can't justify it based on the fact there was no FA or trades. The reason for buying it would be the offseason changes from last year... I'll wait.

Local High School Star

What to you think guys is Gamestop a good shop. In Iceland we have a store called Elko which rips everyone off, not as much as BT though they rip you off.

Is Gamestop cool? Is there a Gamestop all over the place?

What to you guys think should be included in NBA 2K13 LOL ROFLMAO: jk

Haha guys you get that joke man??? How is the NBA 2k12 anyway easy to dunk or maybe?

Bigsmoke is black.

Does anyone know if the Bird and Magic covers are in limited supply or will they keep producing them?

Saw a basketball once

People who have seen my previous posts would know that I have been looking for a team. I chose 76'ers.:P Also why can't I start a new thread?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Couldn't help but wonder if the clerk thought it was more than a coincidence that the white guy wanted to buy the game with the white guy on the cover. I felt like I should have prefaced my request with, "Now, I assure you all my favorite players are black but. . ."
    You are a disgrace man.

Got it last Sat, unlocked a few of the greatest teams and put them in the season. They all dominated, especially the 71 Knicks & 64 celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Does anyone know if the Bird and Magic covers are in limited supply or will they keep producing them?
    I think I read that there weren't as many Bird/Magic covers as MJ covers, although I think they'd make a bigger deal about them if they were limited additions.

I picked up the Magic one. It was really 50/50 for me, I just knew I didn't want another MJ cover if I had the choice.

To the actual game:

I've spent most of my time on the my player so far and I think the addition of contracts and the 2nd money system is genius, I just have to get enough money to actually buy some useful stuff. Btw, played for like 2 hours and my team (Suns) traded Nash, Hill and Dudley for Gay, Udoh and Amundson. Also while the AI on defense is greatly improved, I still feel like my teammates are idiots.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    They will only be a part of 2K's initial shipment. After that, it's all Michael Jordan.