Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Who's the greatest Laker, Magic or Kobe?

Why it is so ****ing hard for some people here to accept the fact that Kobe is already the GOAT Lakers.. Are they just in denial or just plain stupid or hater? Even the former GOAT Lakers Magic himself already concede that Kobe is the GOAT Lakers.. Why not accept the truth so everyone here can live happily ever after.. Just like me even tho I hate LeBron, I already accepted the fact that he is the greatest Cavs player.. I dont understand why is so ****ing hard for those LeBrick/Jordan stans to accept Kobe as the GOAT Lakers? I have no problem accepting Jordan or LeBron as the best in their former team.. There's a limit for being a hater people..

- Kobe.....anyone saying otherwise shouldn't even be listened to.

- at these fools getting mad.

Magic followed by Kobe. Another championship/finals Mvp for Kobe (makes up any statistical advantage) and he's the GOAT Laker.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    Magic
    Kareem
    Wilt
    West
    Shaq
    Mikan
    Baylor

then we can begin to talk Kobe

Epic fail

Magic
    Kobe
    Kareem
    West

Magic is the best player to ever play for the Lakers. Magic is also the best Laker. I hate seeing Kareem rated above Magic. Especially when it's clear he was a beastlier player in Milwaukee. Kareem played 14 years to Magic's 12, so it's not like he played a lot longer. Kareem is not better than Magic and this recent wave is annoying and validates too many stupid things.

But anyway...Magic, then Kobe, then Kareem, then West, then Shaq, then Baylor or Mikan. Mikan was in Minnesota and almost feels different for that alone. He won titles tho, while Baylor did not. But Baylor was better. Tho maybe not a stat-padder, he was arguably not as great as his numbers. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    Magic
    Kareem
    Wilt
    West
    Shaq
    Mikan
    Baylor

then we can begin to talk Kobe

HAHAHAHHA.

Even Magic admits Kobe is the best Laker ever. I don't understand how this is even a discussion. Magic is not in Kobe's class as a player and even if he was, Kobe's longevity would win out..

When he retires he'll be the Lakers all-time leading scorer, the longest tenured player in Lakers history, most games played in a Lakers uniform etc.
    I'm pretty sure he has all these already...

Default Re: Who's the greatest Laker, Magic or Kobe?<---------ignore this thread

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    It's because the retards in OTC negs just because he is a republican.
    That's as good a reason to neg someone nowadays

To the topic, Magic...he's the better player overall.

To those who say Kobe, explain how Bryant is greater if by most accounts, Magic is considered a top 3-5 GOAT player while KB maybe cracks the top 10?
    Last edited by TheMan; 12-06-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Default Re: Who's the greatest Laker, Magic or Kobe?<---------ignore this thread

Magic gets the nod as greatest Laker because he was personable, people like Magic, but it's funny this never gets mentioned by the very same people when the discussion turns to Magic's place in the GOAT NBA player argument. Suddenly they turn to numbers to make their points

If you take Magic's personality out of the discussion and base it purely on what the players have accomplished Kobe is the greatest Laker ever.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Even Magic admits Kobe is the best Laker ever. I don't understand how this is even a discussion. Magic is not in Kobe's class as a player and even if he was, Kobe's longevity would win out..

Kobe can't be argued into the top 6. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Any true Laker fan would say Magic. Anyone saying its not close (for Kobe or Magic) are either stans or haters respectively. It's very close. Magic wins though.

I love how Kobe haters are so quick to point out Kobe's defense nowadays, but when it comes to Kobe vs. Magic, they avoid bringing up defense like the plague.

It's Kobe.

I think Magic is a greater player than Kobe in the sense that he did more for the NBA than Kobe did, but at the same time Kobe is a greater Laker because he has accomplished so much with the team.

Hard one really, but i'd say Kobe is the GOAT Laker, although 30,000 points isn't the deciding factor. If he'd retired with 29,999 points he'd still be just as great as he is with 30k.

As a side note I now have to re evaluate my GOAT list.

I have particular admiration for Magic, he was the most entertaining, magical, worthy of buying a ticket to watch him, basketball player to ever lace em up. Last year I still said Magic, this year I cannot help but say its Kobe, the guys production at this stage is beyond logic, and he wants to win like if he had never won a ring. I think when kobe retires, this won't even be a question. Remember retirement boosts players legacies immediatly, as it puts everything into perspective. When kobe is not around anymore, everyone will realize how unique he was.