Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Allen Iverson out for rest of season

Quote Originally Posted by DLeagueWannabe
    Some of you guys are hilarious...

He's Allen Iverson, he can sit out if he wants to, he's earned this league so much money over his career. He may be a Primadonna, yeah, but this is professional sports. Who isn't?
    One of the worst posts ever regarding the NBA. No player is bigger than a team, and especially no player is bigger than the league or basketball. What a joke. AI is a cancer and he is SELFISH. His pride and ego is way too big for anyone, let alone a player who's on his fairwell tour soon.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Breaking News: Iverson out for season

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Mutual agreement I'm sure.

Pistons don't want the drama, and AI doesn't want to ride the bench.
    They are just hoping to make the playoffs at this point, so his whining wasn't helping anything.

Probably for the best...his crying every time he plays, is nothing but a distraction to the rest of the team anyway.

I wish him luck somewhere else

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by H2whoa
    Congratulations Detroit, you just scared off one of the best players ever to play in the NBA.

Wait til playoffs, your loss.
    Scared off? What are we supposed to do? Let him play the point guard position, a position he has already complained about playing? Curry made a decision that was best for Iverson and the Pistons. Hamilton plays better with the starting lineup and Iverson could be Iverson coming off the bench. I guarentee he would have seen more time coming into the playoffs.You just can't please Allen Iverson, because he is Allen Iverson. He isn't a young star anymore, people are going to quickly forget him.

Magic Johnson

It's too bad... now that I've had time to think about it I think this will really hurt his chances of signing on with a contender this summer. The fact that Dumars said he was done for the year means that part of this has to be Iverson's displeasure over his role with the team. If he was actually injured wouldn't they have said that he'll miss 2-3 weeks and go from there?

Local High School Star BALLin01's Avatar

I knew it. I need a new favorite player.

National High School Star

detroit will lose 6 of their last 7 games. book it

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    Scared off? What are we supposed to do? Let him play the point guard position, a position he has already complained about playing? Curry made a decision that was best for Iverson and the Pistons. Hamilton plays better with the starting lineup and Iverson could be Iverson coming off the bench. I guarentee he would have seen more time coming into the playoffs.You just can't please Allen Iverson, because he is Allen Iverson. He isn't a young star anymore, people are going to quickly forget him.
    Allen Iverson couldn't be Allen Iverson coming off the bench because they wanted Will Bynum to be Will Bynum

2 nights ago he was claiming he wanted to play complaing about only playing 17 minutes of the bench and now he's out for the season due to injury... riiiightt.... this whole thing makes me sad though.. AI deserves to be in a better situation and this sucks for detroit fans.

Local High School Star

What a loser.

Have fun collecting your $30 Million this year punk.

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    One of the worst posts ever regarding the NBA. No player is bigger than a team, and especially no player is bigger than the league or basketball. What a joke. AI is a cancer and he is SELFISH. His pride and ego is way too big for anyone, let alone a player who's on his fairwell tour soon.

My post is the truth...

These guys get paid millions to play BASKETBALL. You think the team matters to them? Be real, the fact that we're all sitting here wasting our days on the internet discussing what these guys do for a living shows how trivial all this really is. If he doesn't feel like he's be utilized correctly let him sit. He's a grown man, he can decide what he wants to do with his life. If it cost his salary in the long run, so be it. I'm sure he's already aware of that. The league gave these guys power by paying them tens of millions of dollars. If they don't want divas, don't pay and treat these guys like they're Mariah Carey or Madonna.

The AI drama continues. I've lost so much respect for him. He used to be one of my favorite players of all time, up till last season. This is just sad.

Should have stayed in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by thatoneblackguy
    Should have stayed in Philly.
    They wanted to get rid of him.