Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Denver NUGGETS Winning Streak

Love them or hate them, the Denver NUGGETS are on fire. The Denver NUGGETS have 15 straight wins.

The longest streak of the season so far belongs to the Heat with 21 wins, which is the 3rd longest winning streak of all time.

18 wins would tie for 7th all time.
    19 wins would tie for 5th all time.

I'm not saying the NUGGETS will be breaking the Lakers record 33 game winning streak, but they are in a position to gun for one of the longest streaks in NBA history.

How long can they keep it going?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ion_longest_wi nning_streaks
    Last edited by SpecialQue; 03-24-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Default Re: Denver NUGGETS Winning Streak

Didn't they start out like 18-17 or something like that? They've been on a tear since then. Nobody can beat them at home.

As long as Miami is winning at a record rate, The Nuggets streak won't matter to the masses. I'm ok with that though. Glad to see them winning against quality teams too.. something that Miam can't say, at least for the last few games.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Whats crazier is a couple games before this 11 game winning streak they were coming off a 9 game winning streak. Denver opened up with a ridiculous schedule and kept themselves a float and ever since January have been balling as good as anybody sans the Miami Heat. 15 game win streak at home right now.

Very unlikely they touch 18 straight wins tho.

@ Chicago - Obviously can win this but nowhere near as good on the road as they are at home. Feels like they have been alot better on the road than they were at the start of the season tho.

@ OKC - Most likely where the streak ends. OKC is a better team and only have 4 home losses. Denver 30-3 at home, OKC 30-4. After beating them last game, you know they'll show up. If Denver walks away with a win than maybe you start thinking about 17-18 or whatever, but very likely loss.

Philly
    Kings

Two games you should win. Denver has dropped games to some pretty crappy teams tho. Lost to Washington at home and while they are def improved anything can happen. Kings game is as close to a lock as anything, Philly could be dangerous.

@SA
    Brooklyn
    @Utah
    Dallas
    Houston
    SA
    @Dallas

Huge test against OKC on the 13th game where the streak could very well end. If they somehow won that game, 14/15 look really good. After that you have a road game against SA who only have 4 losses at home, Brooklyn who have a good team, Utah who have one of the best home teams in the league.

18/19 wins are out of reach at this point, 12 seems like the most likely if you'e a betting man. Maybe you stay hot and rip off 15 wins. That @SA, Brooklyn, @Utah after hypothetically beating the Thunder at home just seems extremely unrealistic to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blingster
    As long as Miami is winning at a record rate, The Nuggets streak won't matter to the masses. I'm ok with that though. Glad to see them winning against quality teams too.. something that Miam can't say, at least for the last few games.

Miami has beat everybody

@NuggetsFans, No love for the Rockies (referring to your user title)?

One of my best friends thinks the Nuggets will come out of the West. Wonder how they'll do.

@ OKC is more than just a schedule loss. 2nd night of a B2B, on the road, OKC looking for revenge.. I can see us winning in Chicago, but dropping to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I'm clueless when it comes to baseball. I struggle to watch an inning let alone a full game or a bunch of games out of that crazy ass schedule

One of my best friends thinks the Nuggets will come out of the West. Wonder how they'll do.
    I'm gonna answer for him (I might be wrong) Until the Rockies get a decent pitching staff, they are a hard team to root for.

@ OKC is more than just a schedule loss. 2nd night of a B2B, on the road, OKC looking for revenge.. I can see us winning in Chicago, but dropping to OKC.
    I didn't even realize that till now, yeah doesn't look good for the streak.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Good job Nuggets, show the world you can win without a superstar.

I'm gonna answer for him (I might be wrong) Until the Rockies get a decent pitching staff, they are a hard team to root for.
    MLB was my game until the last few years. Still root for my Cardinals of course, but don't follow it religiously like I did. I remember Ubaldo Jiminez was a stud a few years back, then he sucked and got traded to Cleveland. What happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsGame

Miami has beat everybody
    I was referring to their current winning streak. They literally have the easiest remaining schedule. Not bashing the Heat in any way.

MLB was my game until the last few years. Still root for my Cardinals of course, but don't follow it religiously like I did. I remember Ubaldo Jiminez was a stud a few years back, then he sucked and got traded to Cleveland. What happened to him?
    NVM, I was thinking about Juan Nicasio.

He's still in Cleveland. Struggling to return to form.
    Last edited by Blingster; 03-15-2013 at 11:57 PM.

He got beaned with a line drive, broke his neck. Took some time to recover, hasn't been the same.
    Damn I hate when that shit happens. Pujols did that to Chris Young (he was on San Diego) a while ago. I think that ended Young's career effectively, not sure tho.

Edit: Oh ok.