Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
       

Default Re: Why is Jesus white? - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Bruh, millions of jews turned white over the centuries due to the same evolutionary mechanisms that initially made the rest of Europe white.
    actually, from everything i've read, jews turned 'white' over time mainly because so many white people converted to judaism for one reason or another. that doesn't include sammy davis jr., of course, but it does involve walter sobchak.

there is a famous kingdom (i think in the caucasus region) whose populace entirely converted simply because the royals did. i'm walking out the door right now, but i trust you with google...

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Which is why he has been portrayed in a Eurocentric way for centuries even though anyone with sense knew he was from the Middle East?

Let's be serious, if the bronze-skinned Jesus from the Middle East tried to get into America under the Trump Presidency... He'd probably be shipped to Guantanamo Bay real quick.

No way in hell the average Southern Evangelical is going to follow a Brown man from the Middle East, hence:

Are you stupid or something? Did you expect European art not to be Eurocentric?

Damn...

And we don't know what Jesus looked like anyway. There are plenty of fair-skinned people from the Levant region; it's not like someone took a photograph. People spent ages claiming that Hannibal was "black" too just because his native country was in Africa, but turns out the Carthaginians were more similar to the Portugese than any other modern people (i.e. tan, like most of the important peoples of the ancient world). Pale-faced whiteys were largely busy being barbarian savages at this time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Are you stupid or something? Did you expect European art not to be Eurocentric?
    Stupid is what stupid does.

Do you honestly think that Europeans and their descendants on other continents would be so quick to follow this man:

As opposed to the wholesale white-washing that occurred for 2 millenia?

Of course not. Only an idiot would argue that.

Damn...

And we don't know what Jesus looked like anyway. There are plenty of fair-skinned people from the Levant region; it's not like someone took a photograph. People spent ages claiming that Hannibal was "black" too just because his native country was in Africa, but turns out the Carthaginians were more similar to the Portugese than any other modern people (i.e. tan, like most of the important peoples of the ancient world). Pale-faced whiteys were largely busy being barbarian savages at this time.
    Jesus was as Black as the Ace of Spades, bruh. Religion and Science confirms this.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    actually, from everything i've read, jews turned 'white' over time mainly because so many white people converted to judaism for one reason or another. that doesn't include sammy davis jr., of course, but it does involve walter sobchak.

there is a famous kingdom (i think in the caucasus region) whose populace entirely converted simply because the royals did. i'm walking out the door right now, but i trust you with google...

Theyre called the Khazars and dont worry I know far more about them than you. Theyre not the jews that Rashi and Maimonides draw lineage from nor most jews of today. They were simply JINO's and eventually dissipated, there's little evidence they practiced any jewish customs. Whereas most jews today come from ancestry that was culturally jewish and practiced jewry in Europe proper for centuries.

Stupid is what stupid does.

Do you honestly think that Europeans and their descendants on other continents would be so quick to follow this man:

As opposed to the wholesale white-washing that occurred for 2 millenia?

Of course not. Only an idiot would argue that.

Jesus was as Black as the Ace of Spades, bruh. Religion and Science confirms this.
    And yet St. Paul, the man who brought Christianity to Europe, was a Jew from Tarsus (just north of Syria), and was likely of a similar kind of ethnic appearance; yet he somehow managed to preach and spread the word in Europe (a non-European!!).

Europeans followed the teachings of Jesus before there even existed any art-work of the man, and when they knew very well where he was from. But by all means, keep prattling away like some annoying child who thinks he's discovered something clever (when it's really just a petty and trivial thing no-one else gives much of a shit about).

Banned

And yet St. Paul, the man who brought Christianity to Europe, was a Jew from Tarsus (just north of Syria), and was likely of a similar kind of ethnic appearance; yet he somehow managed to preach and spread the word in Europe (a non-European!!).
    Paul was a fraud, an apostate to the law according to the original Jewish-Christian followers of Jesus. His main goal in life was to expand the Jesus movement to the gentiles by merging it with the already established pagan religions that were dominant. I'm sure that involved portraying Jesus (whom he never actually met or knew, mind you) in the likeness of the European Gods in the areas he preached.

Just a guess.

Europeans followed the teachings of Jesus before there even existed any art-work of the man, and when they knew very well where he was from. But by all means, keep prattling away like some annoying child who thinks he's discovered something clever (when it's really just a petty and trivial thing no-one else gives much of a shit about).
    Except for the people who for 2,000 years went out of their way to portray a Jew from the Middle East in the likeness of Cesare Borgia and other Europeans.

The depiction of Jesus is influenced based on the culture depicting him, shocking.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Theyre called the Khazars and dont worry I know far more about them than you. Theyre not the jews that Rashi and Maimonides draw lineage from nor most jews of today. They were simply JINO's and eventually dissipated, there's little evidence they practiced any jewish customs. Whereas most jews today come from ancestry that was culturally jewish and practiced jewry in Europe proper for centuries.
    i like your certainty upon the matter, ajzroctles... sorry, your name is hard to remember or pronounce, as you probably know.

so then, let's get in to it. what's your take upon the KHAZARS, and why does your especially ingenious take upon the matter seem to differ so much upon historians...?

Paul was a clown tbf.
    If we're discussing Jesus, then let's discuss Jesus. Not some fraud

Paul was a fraud, an apostate to the law according to the original Jewish-Christian followers of Jesus. His main goal in life was to expand the Jesus movement to the gentiles by merging it with the already established pagan religions that were dominant. I'm sure that involved portraying Jesus (whom he never actually met or knew, mind you) in the likeness of the European Gods in the areas he preached.

Just a guess.

Except for the people who for 2,000 years went out of their way to portray a Jew from the Middle East in the likeness of Cesare Borgia and other Europeans.
    Spot on with both points.
    Paul most certainly didn't know Jesus and it's laughable that accounts of Jesus ' s life are compiled by a fraud and meant to be taken seriously.

Regarding your second point, I wonder why he hasn't been able to reply to such a simple point. He says race doesn't matter but Jesus has been portrayed as a white euro for a reason. If it doesn't matter, as he claims, then it surely would make more sense to accept that Jesus was anything but white - that Jesus looks more like the bearded "terroritsts" evangelicals and white supremacists target these days.
    Someone said it earlier on in this thread. If Jesus was alive today, he wouldn't get past t.s.a and trump would build a wall to keep him out

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Paul most certainly didn't know Jesus and it's laughable that accounts of Jesus ' s life are compiled by a fraud and meant to be taken seriously.

Regarding your second point, I wonder why he hasn't been able to reply to such a simple point. He says race doesn't matter but Jesus has been portrayed as a white euro for a reason. If it doesn't matter, as he claims, then it surely would make more sense to accept that Jesus was anything but white - that Jesus looks more like the bearded "terroritsts" evangelicals and white supremacists target these days.
    Someone said it earlier on in this thread. If Jesus was alive today, he wouldn't get past t.s.a and trump would build a wall to keep him out

The middle east is a huge hodgepodge of skin tones ranging from light to dark. There's no possible way to proclaim Jesus would have looked more like DonDadda's picture than any other depiction of a guy with brown hair and brown eyes. It's not like they've got him with blond hair, or curly red locks and freckles. You can probably find images like that if you look, but the standard depiction is a guy with brown hair, brown beard, brown eyes, olive skin. I've never understood this idea that he looks impossibly different in European images than he possibly could have looked.

This guy couldn't have been a semite?

That's ridiculous to say. People in that region vary wildly from light to dark and in hair kink. I get that people want to undermine the idea of Jesus and rustle the jimmies of Christians, but their claims to his appearance have no more merit than any typical depiction in the average church. He could have been anything. Nobody knows where Mariam and Yosef originate from geographically. Being born in a region doesn't mean you look like everyone else there.

Also don't forget, the vast majority of Europeans in history had no clue what semites actually looked like. There were no pictures. So if you're drawing an image of a guy everyone in town worships, of course you're naturally going to draw something along the lines of what you know. In fact Rembrandt would use local jews as his models for painting Jesus, because he figured that would make the most sense. By this time obviously the jews in town were more europeanized themselves. So really the whole thing is a very natural confluence to make.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 06-05-2016 at 01:33 AM.

If we're being completely real... Keeping it 100 as the kids say, Jesus was 100% African. No one drop rule in this bitch. Ancestry.com can confirm this.

Tyrion Lannister was 100% African

Darth Vader was 100% African.

Harry Potter was 100% African.

Jesus was 100% African.

aladdin looks more euro than jesus. dunno what you on about, many syrians look european

I heard that Genghis Khan's ethnicity was Swiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny

What a load of absolute drivel. Firstly, whether Paul was or was not a fraud is completely irrelevant, and just seems to have been used as an opportunity for you to engage in some Christianity-bashing, which you evidently thinks makes you look smart or cool (or some combination of the two). Take your vanity elsewhere.

Secondly, the only point I was making was that Paul was from a similar region to Jesus, and that the only thing that made him out of place in Rome was his religion, not his appearance. He preached and converted in Rome, and yet you and Don are pretending he would not have been welcome in Europe. Idiocy.

Thirdly, Jesus has not been portrayed only as a "white euro"--that is false. Sure, some depictions look like that, but the early depictions bear similarities to one another, and are pretty ambiguous when it comes to determining where the imagined person was supposedly from/ what his skin-colour was (a stupid question in the first place).

A 4th century depiction (from a villa owned by Constantine):

A 6th century one:

12th century:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...iropoietos.jpg

18th century:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...thiopia%29.jpg

But keep up the nonsense. Artists will have depicted Jesus as they imagined him. End of story.