Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Serious playground baller Deadpool's Avatar

Default New Derrick Rose adidas AdiZero 1.5

Has anyone tried those? What do you think?

http://www.footlocker.com/product/mo...=TnDdMensBball

Good college starter
    Last edited by idizzle; 03-29-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Good college starter

Default Re: New Derrick Rose adidas AdiZero 1.5

Has anyone actually tried the adizeros? I liking this low version.

Most reviews say it's uncomfortable but its worth it because of the feel and how light the shoe really is.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Has anyone actually tried the adizeros? I liking this low version.

Most reviews say it's uncomfortable but its worth it because of the feel and how light the shoe really is.
    I think they were referring to the 1.0. The original Rose was very minimal in cushioning, which is actually better mobility-wise, as there's no hindrance in your foot drive and all that. The 1.5 has been described (by a lot of my adi bros in SC who are making me hella jealous ) that it's like a luxury version of the 1.0. Very slightly higher off the ground as there's more plush, but doesn't sacrifice performance at all.

If you're diligent, you could backread. But I ain't a douche, so here's a very fact-based review.

http://www.blacklotus9.com/blog/2011...mance-reviews/

This ain't your regular review. It's very neutral and these guys just look at what the shoe is intended to do and if it does perform to the plate. Happy reading.

Serious playground baller Deadpool's Avatar

I actually bought a pair last week and they are extremely light. Very comfortable too, when you run you don't feel them on your feet and the movement is very fluid. One major flaw I came across is that the shoe laces tend to untie quite frequently which can be very annoying and unfortunate during a game.

Hmmm, never heard that from my SC peeps. Maybe double-knot? Interesting though. I hate it when that happens too. Used to happen to me a lot with my Decade GCS if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    The 1.5 has been described (by a lot of my adi bros in SC who are making me hella jealous ) that it's like a luxury version of the 1.0. Very slightly higher off the ground as there's more plush, but doesn't sacrifice performance at all.
    If that's the case then I'll have to try a pair of the low's when I visit the states in a few weeks. I was leaning towards the air max 360 low.

IMO adidas has better quality vs. nike in everything except basketball shoes. I'm glad to see them stepping up

Just read that the adizero Rose 1.5 uses the same midsole and outsole of the original adizero Rose... so the "extra cushioning" was achieved by redesigning the outsole layout.

[QUOTE]Because of the increase in cushioning, the PUREMOTION

Just read that the adizero Rose 1.5 uses the same midsole and outsole of the original adizero Rose... so the "extra cushioning" was achieved by redesigning the outsole layout.

Can somebody explain this to me?

As much as I like adidas, IMO they should really develop something to go against the Air Max (not that powerbounce crap). For cushioning, Nike has Air Max, Air Max 360, Zoom Air, Lunarlon (which is a piece of crap), Shox, and Cushlon. Adidas only has adipure and powerbounce.

It means the soles don't stand out as much as the soles of the shoes they are being compared to when they are not in motion.

Can somebody explain this to me?

As much as I like adidas, IMO they should really develop something to go against the Air Max (not that powerbounce crap). For cushioning, Nike has Air Max, Air Max 360, Zoom Air, Lunarlon (which is a piece of crap), Shox, and Cushlon. Adidas only has adipure and powerbounce.
    I think basically, if you're just standing idly, you won't feel the pods under you due to the small increase in cushioning. I've also heard that it feels quite similar to the Supernatural Creators, which I absolutely love and still use. My best balling shoes EVER, and they are super responsive. Pretty much the same outsole layout too, save the heel.

Well, with the direction they're going, I'm not sure it fits to have something similar to Max Air. With PureMotion, they've offered a more functional shoe that helps aid you through your foot's natural motion, providing that "barefoot" experience, and for those who have experienced it, it truly does work. I've been using adidas since grade school coz of the doctor's orders, but never have I been so HOOKED on the Three Stripes as I am now, and that's very much thanks to PureMotion. I have a collapsible arch and a history of nasty ankle sprains on both feet and knee issues, and I can't express to you in words how this has helped revive my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    I have a collapsible arch
    Are you saying the Puremotion helps with your collapsed arch? BECAUSE THAT'S MY PROBLEM.

Are you saying the Puremotion helps with your collapsed arch? BECAUSE THAT'S MY PROBLEM.
    Man, what's up with us Pinoys and collapsible archs?!

Admittedly, I don't get technical, coz I tend to not know what to say or how to say, but simply put, I've been on PureMotion for a year and 4 months now and I've never encountered a day where I could not walk after playing, so I guess it works for me.

I must tell you though, as other widely used shoes, both in the past and present, don't exactly support that natural motion of the foot as much as PureMotion supports, you might experience some discomfort during the first few wears. For me and my collapsible arch, I got it for like 4 playing days, but it goes away after the first 10 minutes of jogging/running around. After that though, it's been smooth sailing for me. :P

Must be those damn havaianas sandals that was the craze 5-6 years ago. Another pinoy fried with collapsed arches went to our podiatrist in them and the doctor told him to throw them away for good.

Got a really bad case after running a quarter marathon. Just unbelievable pain on the arches at both sides of the foot (more on the right foot) that I couldn't walk the rest of the day.

Any reviews on the adipure pro? I saw they might have a low version coming out. I might get that.