Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Houston Rockets have suspended first-round pick Royce White

Quote Originally Posted by C-Webb4
    I have an anxiety disorder and that statement simply isn't true. On Royce White specifically from everything i've seen and read about his, it has it's limitations but it's something he's thus far in his life been able to work through for the most part. But as a general statement that couldn't be further from the truth. This is coming from someone (me) who's anxiety disorder was so severe at one point that I had a few months where I couldn't so much as leave my own bedroom.
    I get it. I dated a girl who had anxiety REALLY bad and I'm NOT trying to discount your or royces struggles but every person has struggles. Ever man has to play with the hand he's dealt. Royce has a straight flush, unlimited athletic ability, vision, bball iq, can rebound and play some point but he's making excuses.

We all have problems but I simply don't by the anxiety being so strong he can't go to work, everyone on this board would kill to be in the league. I don't know why you stayed in your room for a month?... But sometimes you gotta just suck it up and go to work. I think royce has a family, he needs to provide for them as a man.

Again I DON'T know your situation and can't really speak on it but I would guess most everyone on this board agrees with me. Royce needs to man up and play or go flip burgers. The rockets don't owe him anything else.

The funny thing is... if he tried to play and you could really see the anxiety is affecting him and he tweeted shit like "Damn shit is too much for me tonight Cant play" Then people would be like wow hes trying someone has to do something and the Rockets would do whatever is needed. Instead hes just sitting there bullshitting quoting ****ing Dalai Llamma and buddha and shit, hes an incredible jackass. I am shocked he doesn't have one person close to him thats telling him to do the right thing. He probably shut himself out from anyone like that and surrounded himself with yesmen

Apparently he has no anxiety towards using twitter.

NBA should void his contract and suspend him until the contract he signed was over. Lebron played one final with anxiety issues.
    Last edited by Blue&Orange; 01-06-2013 at 10:06 PM.

As someone who has dealt with a lot of people with mental disorders (not just on ISH), I can't stand when people won't get help, hide behind their illness, and blame others for "not being supportive."

Maccas here he comes

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    As someone who has dealt with a lot of people with mental disorders [COLOR="Red"](not just on ISH)[/COLOR], I can't stand when people won't get help, hide behind their illness, and blame others for "not being supportive."
    So true, i've already urged Pauk to seek professional help at least 3 times.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Royce had no problem playing in the Summer League in Vegas. Yet he can't even make bus trips down to Southern Texas for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers D-League team.

daryl morey please, get rid of this douche.
    cut your losses

I expected his condition to get better, but after watching that documentary on draft night, I realized the only direction he would go is down.

It's a shame because his skill alone made him a top 10-quality player in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    To clear something up: his issue isn't the flying thing. It's the fact that he wants the organization to agree to follow medical advice...probably on paper. For a business like NBA franchises, that puts them at such a disadvantage - if Royce blooms, becomes an important piece to our team, has a bout of anxiety a week before the playoffs, gets told by his doc to take the summer off, the Rockets can't do crap about it.

That's the cause of this months-long feud.

all the addendums that royce wants added to his contract regarding the rockets adhering to royce's doctor's orders are illegal under the CBA. the rockets couldn't do it even if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by frmsea2okc
    I get it. I dated a girl who had anxiety REALLY bad and I'm NOT trying to discount your or royces struggles but every person has struggles. Ever man has to play with the hand he's dealt. Royce has a straight flush, unlimited athletic ability, vision, bball iq, can rebound and play some point but he's making excuses.

We all have problems but I simply don't by the anxiety being so strong he can't go to work, everyone on this board would kill to be in the league. I don't know why you stayed in your room for a month?... But sometimes you gotta just suck it up and go to work. I think royce has a family, he needs to provide for them as a man.

Again I DON'T know your situation and can't really speak on it but I would guess most everyone on this board agrees with me. Royce needs to man up and play or go flip burgers. The rockets don't owe him anything else.
    My statement isn't in support of Royce and his behavior so 2/3rds of this post are not really something i'm responding to. But to the relevant part, I always love how people who don't really know what it's like to suffer with an anxiety disorder always say "everyone has problems, deal with it." When the problems are finances, relationships, family issues, those are things you "just deal with." When your issues are intense fear which cause physical symptoms within your body that feel so intense you have trouble walking out your own front door, there's not really a comparison to that. Maybe someone who's been held at gun point, just imagine having that type of reaction for no apparent cause without having a gun present.

But as for the other stuff you said I agree. Dude needs a new career he obviously isn't in the right position to be able to handle this one.

I've dealt with severe anxiety and depression, but the truth is, if he can't handle the pressure of being an NBA player, then he needs to move on. At this point, it seems like he's doing everything he can to just keep getting paid, even though he realizes it's never going to work.

There are people out there in the world with far worse anxiety who probably wake up every day and have to work jobs they hate/make them anxious, but they work through it becuase they NEED to to survive. Nobody's giving them a handout or caring to their every need, and this little bytch wants ever more after the Rockets did everything to accomodate him? Fvck this entitled fool I hope he nevers suits up for the NBA again and becomes a janitor somewhere making shyt money doing something he hates to oay rent; then maybe he'll realize just how lucky he was.

He even took it to another level saying he wants it in writing that the Rockets will follow his doctors advice. That is asking the Rockets to contractually obligate themselves to be at the beck and call of Royce's private doctor who probably changes his diapers and reads him bed time stories in a big crib during their therapy sessions. He could just call the Rockets and be like "hey Royce needs X Y and Z plus like 15 more mins of playing time" and they'd HAVE to do it. What a spoiled fvcking brat asking from ultrasupermegastar treatment as a scrub/ Fvck you Royce White you'll never have a music career either you suck nuts

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    To clear something up: his issue isn't the flying thing. It's the fact that he wants the organization to agree to follow medical advice...probably on paper. For a business like NBA franchises, that puts them at such a disadvantage - if Royce blooms, becomes an important piece to our team, has a bout of anxiety a week before the playoffs, gets told by his doc to take the summer off, the Rockets can't do crap about it.

That's the cause of this months-long feud.
    He also is (was?) refusing to see Rockets doctors (even 3rd party doctors unassociated with the team). There were reports that his doctor & Royce mentioned that he needed a certain amount of GUARANTEED playing time to alleviate some of his anxiety problems. So the Rockets tell him he can start every game and get starters minutes for their D-league team (with NON-FLYING TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED) to prove he's atleast dedicated and he refuses that.

When I first heard about this guy and subsequently watched him play, I was nothing but a fan. Its hard not to like a guy with his talents at that size, but its becoming more and more evident that he's using his condition as a scapegoat. Its almost disrespectful to the everyday Americans who still perform in their profession with anxiety.

Not airballing my layups anymore

He goes about it the wrong way, don't like White's lack of accountability.

He comes across like Houstan have hung him out to dry, and does it on a public forum.

If he was legit and serious, he should keep it behind closed doors.

The start of the season I really hoped he would sucseed, now I just want him and his drama to stop.