Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default After 15 years, I've officially given up...

On the Raptors. I've been a die hard since the age of 13 but this year Im just fed up with the mediocrity and complete lack of direction. I'm getting older and I've realized life is too short to be a fan of a losing, terribly managed franchise. I'm tired of the frustration, the disappointment, the offseason naive hope only to have it crushed 10 games into the new season.

So I have to find a new team to root for. I've rooted for the Raps because it was Canada's team and before the rise of the Internet, was the only team consistently being broadcast north of the border.

Now I travel alot, especially to Miami, but I cringe thinking of jumping ship to a team like Miami, thats seemingly untouchable these days. What are some good options for life long support and dedication, especially in the East, where I could travel to see them 2-3 times a year?

Default Re: After 15 years, I've officially given up...

Do yourself a favor and start rooting for the Lakers. 16 banners don't lie.

You can watch them live whenever they travel to the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Do yourself a favor and start rooting for the Lakers. 16 banners don't lie.

You can watch them live whenever they travel to the East.
    I have a hard time jumping ship to such winning franchises. I guess a life time of rooting for the underdog makes me feel guilty to enjoy the fruits without the labor, so to speak.

I guess I'm looking for more of an up and coming franchise that I can grow with and actually have a chance to cheer for a championship during my lifetime

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    On the Raptors. I've been a die hard since the age of 13 but this year Im just fed up with the mediocrity and complete lack of direction. I'm getting older and I've realized life is too short to be a fan of a losing, terribly managed franchise. I'm tired of the frustration, the disappointment, the offseason naive hope only to have it crushed 10 games into the new season.

So I have to find a new team to root for. I've rooted for the Raps because it was Canada's team and before the rise of the Internet, was the only team consistently being broadcast north of the border.

Now I travel alot, especially to Miami, but I cringe thinking of jumping ship to a team like Miami, thats seemingly untouchable these days. What are some good options for life long support and dedication, especially in the East, where I could travel to see them 2-3 times a year?
    *maximum 15 year long depending on winning ways

Fixed.

(Joking).

I have a hard time jumping ship to such winning franchises. I guess a life time of rooting for the underdog makes me feel guilty to enjoy the fruits without the labor, so to speak.

I guess I'm looking for more of an up and coming franchise that I can grow with and actually have a chance to cheer for a championship during my lifetime
    Easy. Start rooting for the Knicks.
    They are from East,have a lot of nationally televised games and are playing in the world's most famous arena.

Even though I don't like/understand bandwagon fans it's your choice.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Stern has announced that teams will be in Europe in the next few years. I'm pretty clueless but it's very curious that the T-Wolves have suddenly become completely international.......... a team not at all known for that.

I could never suggest the Knicks with such a ballhog on that team but that was my first team and I still kinda watch em... tho since anthony deliberately tanked until they traded Lin and fired D'Antoni I refuse to watch them until he's gone. Not a second too soon.

Sixers? Home of Wilt & Billy C, Doc & Moses & Sir C!

you got a lot of teams to choose from really...... I have no love for the Celtics, those swine

Maybe you should just do like I did when I abandoned the Lakers due to too much cheap shottery... find a guy you like and just do the blatant fan-stan!

If you want to jump ship, you can't go wrong with Boston.
    Either the greatest or second greatest franchise of all time, with an amazing history, and they're not too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Easy. Start rooting for the Knicks.
    They are from East,have a lot of nationally televised games and are playing in the world's most famous arena.

Even though I don't like/understand bandwagon fans it's your choice.
    You really consider that a bandwagon fan? After watching about 70% of 15 years of losing seasons, and making a hole in my wall after Carter missed that game winner against the sixers? And buying countless memorabilia throughout the years?

I don't think rooting for one team for 15years, that's not even in your city and finally being fed up is the definition of a bandwagon fan

I usually hit open layups twintowers's Avatar

San Antonio Spurs.....

Saw a basketball once

On the Raptors. I've been a die hard since the age of 13 but this year Im just fed up with the mediocrity and complete lack of direction. I'm getting older and I've realized life is too short to be a fan of a losing, terribly managed franchise. I'm tired of the frustration, the disappointment, the offseason naive hope only to have it crushed 10 games into the new season
    That's how I felt about the Knicks after the Melo trade buddy. I gave up.

You can't go wrong with the Spurs or the Rockets. Extremely well-run franchises. Also, Stern hates those teams so they don't get preferential officiating.

Go with the Cavs. The anti band wagon team in a lot of ways. No success, a bad team with a bright future. Been a Cavs fan for over a decade now, and very happy I did. Also they have the best internet board i've ever seen, so that's always a plus.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Noone likes traitors unless they join them.
    Root for the Lakers and Kobe. It'll make it much easier to forget the 81 point night. Oh, and the day before yesterday.

I'm a Sixers fan so I've experienced more bad seasons than you have. From top to bottom (ownership, mgmt, coaching, players etc). Still a fan. Cant say I'm diehard at this point. The only time I cheered and followed another team was the Bulls dynasty. You should forever be a fan of the Craptors but following a second team isnt a sin unless its a rivalry or something along those lines where history doesnt allow it. Like I dont see how someone can like the Sixers and Celtics. A buddy follows OKC because he is a huge Durant fan and likes the makeup of the team.

So I say if you have favorite players you enjoy watching maybe follow their team. Maybe look for a less hyped team that solid like the Pacers. Real tough, physical bunch. Coached well. Teams like Lakers, Heat, Knicks should be

But you cant shake being a fan of the Craptors based on how you feel now. You'll find yourself going back to them. Just takes one big hit in the draft, free agency. I'm a Philly fan. Been waiting for a long time to see Sixers, Eagles celebrate a title here. More sports here, more disappointment. You just have the Craptors.

If you are there when it is thin
    then you are there when it is thick
    no hitch hikers
    fuck that the ride is rough
    when the Raps finally win you can say you were there from the lowest of lows. As a Celtics, winning the title was so great because of all the bad years, so it made it that much more special.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Noone likes traitors unless they join them.
    Root for the Lakers and Kobe. It'll make it much easier to forget the 81 point night. Oh, and the day before yesterday.

You can never trust traitors that join you
    you are better off killing yhrm

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Just ride itnout, they can't be horrible forever