Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: LeBron James supports contraction of some NBA teams

I kinda agree with LeBron.

brb no nets, wolves, wizards, grizzlies, hornets, or clippers.

Not airballing my layups anymore The Poet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    The whole league benefits from this because we are finally going to see plenty of stacked teams in the NBA.

The Kevin Love, Blake Griffin deserves to play on a winning team.
    Who says they deserve to play on winning teams? Not many talented youngsters get to play on winning teams at an early stage. Have to lose to understand what winning is. It's a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Using that logic, we should put a team in every city across America since it will employ people and the people of that city will have their very own team to cheer for.
    I dont even agree with Bron but that guys reasoning was so full of hate. It's hilarious.

I am against contraction as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

The Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Monta Ellis deserves to play on a winning team.
    They don't deserve sh-t. If they were such good players, they'd make THEIR teams winning teams. No one ever grasps that. If you want to play on a good team, win games for YOUR team. Then you'll be on a good team.

Team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by goldenryan
    Wizards wouldn't go anywhere. DC is a big market. The Bobcats would probably have to fold.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by 3243
    While I believe the NBA would be stronger minus 6 teams, I'm realistic enough to know that will never happen, because when you contract a franchise, that puts 12 players out of work (and we know the Players' Association will never tolerate that), plus that leaves coaches, athletic trainers, and front-office executives without a job. Not much complaint there, but there are the ordinary people who work in teams' offices, the vendors, parking attendants, and other people who work at the local arena during home games, etc. And with the economy the way it is, you almost have to keep the NBA at 30 teams and just bite the bullet of watered-down talent for now.

Actually the Recession supports a contraction, not keeping it as is.

I usually hit open layups junkifunki's Avatar

Lebron's own franchise should be contracted.

I love South Beach.. but Miami is the worst sports city in America. They don't deserve any sports franchises. Their fans are as fairweather as they get. The crowd at Heat games are seriously pathetic. They can't even show up on time to the games and can't sell out their home games, even with the Heat hype at epic proportions.

Look at Marlins' hme games. The place is a ghost town, and the Marlins have two MLB championships since 1996. Miami is great (especially the hotass women) but their fans are f'n sad.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    They don't deserve sh-t. If they were such good players, they'd make THEIR teams winning teams. No one ever grasps that. If you want to play on a good team, win games for YOUR team. Then you'll be on a good team.

Team.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Poet
    Who says they deserve to play on winning teams? Not many talented youngsters get to play on winning teams at an early stage. Have to lose to understand what winning is. It's a rite of passage.
    They have a $hitty management. Do you think Kobe would have won an NBA title if he wasn't traded to the Lakers? Hell no. He's very lucky because he was given an opportunity to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers signed Shaquille O'Neal in 1996, and Phil Jackson became their head coach after the 1999 NBA Season.

The rest is history.

I strongly agree with what Lebron said, though I understand some people won't, because it's Lebron saying it.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Personally I'd substitute the Bobcats for the Wizards. At least the Wizards have history.

BTW, nice going by LeBron to rile up the Timberolves and the Nets against himself and his Miami teammates.

Banned

Keep the Wolves* and Wizards but get rid of the Bobcats and Kings instead.

Have a draft for the free agents to be.

*Minneapolis and St. Paul is a big market, and I think a lot of Wolves fans still support them.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I strongly agree with what Lebron said, though I understand some people won't, because it's Lebron saying it.

Haters gonna hate. I don't understand why some posters on Insidehoops let their emotions cloud their judgments.

I'll rep you later.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Actually the Recession supports a contraction, not keeping it as is.
    In practicality, I agree. But it would be a bad PR move.

Banned

Default Re: For once , i agree with Lebron

I'm glad Lebron said this, as I've been saying this since the season started.

The league really IS too watered down. Look at the schedule most nights and over half the games are completely unwatchable. So many of these teams are made up of 19 and 20 year old "prospects" and journeymen never-was'es, and they're all just out there fumbling the ball around. I've seen so many mind-numblingly sloppy games this season. On a given night you could have Sacramento playing Minnesota, Charlotte playing Detroit, New Jersey playing Toronto, Cleveland playing Washington, and Philadelphia playing the Clippers. That's absolutely horrific.

If you removed Sacramento and Charlotte, you could add Gerald Wallace, Stephen Jackson, Tyreke Evans, Carl Landry, Jason Thompson, Tyrus Thomas, DeMoron Cousins, Muhammed, Diaw, Augustin, Udrih etc. to the other bottom feeders and at least make them a little better, and also eliminate some of the awful games that pop up on the schedule each night.

I think the fans should try to push this to the league and make it known that this is something fans want to happen. I know it will suck for fans of a few teams, but let's face it, if you're in the bottom 2 in attendance there's not many fans to upset.