Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rasheed Wallace commits to Boston Celtics

Great, great signing by Celtics. If Ainge will be able to get Hill, resign Baby and get a backup PG, Celtics will be scarily good. Age will be a factor, but with such lineup starters would have plenty of rest, as long as they wont be injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    So Sheed at the C or off the bench?
    Sheed will be backup for PF/C, he wont be starting but 25-30 mins will be just fine for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Great, great signing by Celtics. If Ainge will be able to get Hill, resign Baby and get a backup PG, Celtics will be scarily good. Age will be a factor, but with such lineup starters would have plenty of rest, as long as they wont be injured.

Sheed will be backup for PF/C, he wont be starting but 25-30 mins will be just fine for him.
    I think he should come off the bench along with Powe if they resign him.

Not airballing my layups anymore CarpeDiemKJ's Avatar

Boo. I wanted Sheed to go to San Antonio. Ah well. Makes the East more sexier.

Banned

Man people are really underrating Bill Walker, the guy is a flat out stud at SF. Everything I've read about what the Celtics are doing with him makes me think they are attempting to mold him into a strong athletic shutdown defender rather than him focusing on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by rfm767
    @ highlighted
    Who's a better shooter than Ray? Who had career high shooting percentages last year.

New Uni's 2010-2011 New Jazzy Nets's Avatar

Didnt i hear something about 8 million per year or else i'll retire? Just another old man chasing a ring. Im gettin g sick of these stacked teams that sign vets just so they have a chance, although sheed does have 1 ring so it's a lil different. Boston in a few years aye aye aye, enjoy the success while you still can.

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Man people are really underrating Bill Walker, the guy is a flat out stud at SF. Everything I've read about what the Celtics are doing with him makes me think they are attempting to mold him into a strong athletic shutdown defender rather than him focusing on offense.
    True that. Also do not forget the great job the C's coaching staff has done with getting the best out of there young players: Powe, Big Baby, Rondo, Perk. Walker is a great athlete. There is definitely room for him to improve.

YES!...I so happy he didn't go to the Spurs, I bet all the guys on ESPN are gonna be pissed Sheed didn't go to the Cavs since they *ickride every player that goes there.

Quote Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
    Didnt i hear something about 8 million per year or else i'll retire? Just another old man chasing a ring. Im gettin g sick of these stacked teams that sign vets just so they have a chance, although sheed does have 1 ring so it's a lil different. Boston in a few years aye aye aye, enjoy the success while you still can.
    It's not that Rasheed is chasing a ring, its that he wants his last few years to be relevant. Does Rasheed really want to go to a bad team at this point in his career? No. He wants his last few years to be meaningful. What's wrong with that? Aren't you happy an athlete is potentially turning down more money?

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    Who's a better shooter than Ray? Who had career high shooting percentages last year.
    Steve Nash shot better from the field and beyond the arc last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Steve Nash shot better from the field and beyond the arc last year.
    At the SG position I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    At the SG position I was talking about.
    No one really at SG. There were multiple players who shot better from the field overall compared to Ray, but had lower beyond the arc percentages than Ray. Allen also shot the best from 2-point range out of any SG in the league last year.

I didn't see you say SG so I just brought up someone who did shoot better, which is basically the only player probably.

Banned

NoOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOooOo OOOooooOOooOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOO OOOOoo

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    No one really at SG. There were multiple players who shot better from the field overall compared to Ray, but had lower beyond the arc percentages than Ray. Allen also shot the best from 2-point range out of any SG in the league last year.

I didn't see you say SG so I just brought up someone who did shoot better, which is basically the only player probably.
    Look at his shooting %s in the ECSF. He's garbage, fools gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudjjay
    Look at his shooting %s in the ECSF. He's garbage, fools gold.
    I don't care what you have to say anymore. It's been this way for months now. The only reason you're not on ignore is becuase I don't ignore people like that.

Allen saved the Celtics from losing multiple games in the playoffs, but yet you still hate him. You're probably one of the only people I can imagine rooting for his team in the playoffs, then when a player from your team hits a last second three pointer to win it you get pissed because it's a player you hate.
    Last edited by Meticode; 07-05-2009 at 10:02 PM.