Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    you only started listening to them since hey ya right? pick up their albums and try to tell they aint hip hop again...

also hiphop is a culture. outkast came from that culture so they're hip hop and making hip hop music. mary j came from that culture. thats why she's considered the queen of hip hop.

you're saying they aint hiphop, now i'm asking you: what's hiphop and why arent they hip hop?

pop music is popular music, which means a lot of hip hop songs can be considered pop. so that, for one, eliminates your post.
    I don't listen to Outkast period because that's not my style of music. I'm not going to waste my money on music I know I'm not going to like. My definition of hip hop, in layman's terms, is modern day rap. You had the old school rap from the early-mid 90's that you hear very little of today, so I just figured hip hop was the people like Three 6 Mafia and Lil Jon who only release songs to the radio that have to do with dance steps and ****in women.

Pop music to me is people like Pink, Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, N'Sync, people who just sing to studio made music but may carry a band around on tour for ****s and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    I've been a professional musician for 9 years - been playing instruments for 20 years. I was offered full college scholarships on more than one instrument. I'm almost done with my doctorate in music. Point is, I can tell whether or not somebody can play an instrument at a professional level.
    No, it's not an inference you can make.

In this thread, I've stated that A: Andre3000 cannot play any instruments at a professional level, and B: I like Andre3000 lot and have all of his albums. How can you read statements A and B, and then come away from it thinking that I believe pop music is based on guitar shredding and virtuoso piano?

Why do you believe that just because you aren't qualified to make a certain judgement that nobody else alive is either?
    Dude, it's obvious you're just pumping your ego. No one cares if you have or are getting your Phd in Performance. You think I didn't get a full ride on music? Think I don't run a record store and have been playing for 20 years? No one cares. We're talking about Andre and what he can do.

It doesn't matter how much you have trained or what you think you know, you can't judge someones musical talent from what they put on a hip pop record.

Your skills and training have nothing to do with it. You don't know crap about Andre, or any hip-hoppers musical skills across a variety of instruments, based on what they put on their pop record. How is that so hard to understand?

Once again, have you jammed with Andre? Was he in one of your classes? Did you see him at a performance concert, possibly playing some jazz or classical?

Please bring some evidence, something that holds ground other than your unfounded opinions based on yoru ego and his hip pop records.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You think I didn't get a full ride on music? Think I don't run a record store and have been playing for 20 years?
    No, I don't think that. Your (lack of) command of the English language makes it very doubtful that you are an adult, much less a college graduate. Anything's possible, but this is one story that I'm not buying.

Your skills and training have nothing to do with it. You don't know crap about Andre, or any hip-hoppers musical skills across a variety of instruments, based on what they put on their pop record. How is that so hard to understand?
    How is it so hard for you to understand that when I hear somebody play an instrument, I can tell how good they are at it? I don't need to hear "virtuoso" passages to know if somebody can play - the highest level of virtuosity is subtlety anyway.

Do you think Jerry West needs to see 360 between the legs dunks to know if somebody can play basketball? Does he need to see three pointers from half court?
    Please bring some evidence, something that holds ground other than your unfounded opinions based on yoru ego and his hip pop records.
    It's funny that you think the burden of proof lies on me here. What if I create a thread that claims Shaq is not only an Oscar-worthy actor, but also a better painter than Monet, and a better author than Hemmingway. According to your (lack of) logic, nobody can argue with my statement unless they can bring to the table a serious movie, painting, and novel by the Diesel? Would you enter that thread to defend my claim?

Made that high school varsity squad IBLEEDGREEN43's Avatar

Default hmm

this album is a blend of hip hop, r and b, instruments, pop.. i love it..

big boi brings the heat on some tracks, but you can tell andre is trying to stay as far away from the dance hip hop as possible, which is a nice change..

im really into this album..

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lascar78
    That's my point. He doesn't really play any instruments on their albums. His supposed proficiency would be outside of his albums.
    Who takes the piano and soprano solos on "My Favorite Things" on Love Below? I assumed it was Andre, since why else would it be on the album?

Banned

First thing out of Dre's mouth on the album:

You ain't a hater? Can't tell.
    Either wish me well, go to hell, or go to Yale.

Fitting.

Football In The Groin funkylikemonkey's Avatar

This award should be reserved until next February when the Ghostface/MF Doom album comes out.

My definition of hip hop, in layman's terms, is modern day rap. You had the old school rap from the early-mid 90's that you hear very little of today, so I just figured hip hop was the people like Three 6 Mafia and Lil Jon who only release songs to the radio that have to do with dance steps and ****in women.

Pop music to me is people like Pink, Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, N'Sync, people who just sing to studio made music but may carry a band around on tour for ****s and giggles.
    you're definitions are screwed up.
    hip hop isnt modern day rap, hip hop was hip hop back in 1979 already. modern day rap = also k-fed or what's his name. he's rapping, but no way he's hip hop.

Pop music to me is people like Pink, Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson Kelly Clarkson, Britney Spears, N'Sync, people who just sing to studio made music but may carry a band around on tour for ****s and giggles
    every rapper uses studio ,ade music. you want to record on the streets? some carry a band around too... the definitions you just gave, just show you shouldn't comment at all. you're not interested in outkast, you didnt listen to their albums, so you shouldn't speak on the subject. period.

soundcloud->solarcism

Quote Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
    This award should be reserved until next February when the Ghostface/MF Doom album comes out.
    hell yes

Made that high school varsity squad IBLEEDGREEN43's Avatar

Default there are 25 solid cuts on here

the album is 25 tracks.. some skits.. but its sucha solid album from 1 to 25.. the beats r akward, but they always have been without outkast..

its pure music, i love it...

outkast is the best duo ever
    Last edited by IBLEEDGREEN43; 08-26-2006 at 12:36 AM.

Bucks fan

By the way, this album really isn't a duet album.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Dude, it's obvious you're just pumping your ego. No one cares if you have or are getting your Phd in Performance. You think I didn't get a full ride on music? Think I don't run a record store and have been playing for 20 years? No one cares. We're talking about Andre and what he can do.

It doesn't matter how much you have trained or what you think you know, you can't judge someones musical talent from what they put on a hip pop record.

Once again, have you jammed with Andre? Was he in one of your classes? Did you see him at a performance concert, possibly playing some jazz or classical?

You flat out killed adamcz. Wow!

Bucks fan

So who plays piano on My Favorite Things? Is it not Andre?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
    I don't know if it is the best album, but Oukast is by far the best hip hop duo/Group of all time. They smoke, P.E., BDP, De La, Tribe, EPMD, Furious Five, Whodini, Get Fresh Cru, Wu Tang...all of em.

They only group that gives them comp are Run DMC, but they have a historical relevance that Outkast could never have so they aren't even in the discussion.

But out of the remaining groups, Outkast trumps them on orginality, creativity, lyrical content, style, every level...

And you're an Atlanta fan praising an Atlanta group. Go figure. And how long you are relevant has little to do with how good/great you are. Wu Tang for the most part have artists who have put out classic, near classic albums. Who continue to do thier solo career. You'll never find a group that consisted of x amount f emcees each bringing thier own style/flava and morphing into 1 when they come as one/a group. So to just throw them out there like there is no competition for Outkast is retarded.

Your statements are dumb. But you're biased so why am I even going there?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

i really dont listen to outkast but with pop-punk bands out there today u can that they arent very talented even if just by listening to their CD. You dont have to have jammed with those losers to kno that they suck. All they play are power chords and lame harmonic crap with two strings. This applies to what adamcz is playing. If andre had this talent then im sure he would show some of it.

BTW shredding isnt that skillful either. there is a difference between shredding and soloing.