Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Shit to do in Orange County on a Friday/Saturday night

You should check out meetup.com and check out any speed dating things. Speed dating thing mostly just for kicks. I've never gone so I want to hear someone's experience. Meetup.com seems legit though. You can find the right crew for whatever you want to do, and build a nice social network of people with similar interests. Otherwise, you are stuck doing it the 19th century way of just saying wassup and hoping you vibe with people. Shoot, got me amped up imma go check out meetup.com and see what's good nowadays (haven't seen the site in a few years).

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

One of my best guy friends was actually met on Craigslist few years ago when I posted a workout buddy ad. Bunch of gay creeps messaged me though so be very careful lol. You cast out a net like that and you make 1 friend for every 50 creeps.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    I thought Medieval Times was pretty cheesy...
    Eh.... it's something you should do at least once. Pirates is a bit more mature/less cheesy.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Eh.... it's something you should do at least once. Pirates is a bit more mature/less cheesy.
    The green guy never wins, does he?

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I can't believe I am doing this, but I'm meeting a guy through craigslist who is looking for a bar buddy since all of his friends are married or moved away. Pray I don't get murdered. I have never met somebody online before.
    Has anything gayer ever been done on ISH? Seriously meeting dudes on craigslist to hang out? At least try for a chick so you have a 5% chance to get laid.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I can't believe I am doing this, but I'm meeting a guy through craigslist who is looking for a bar buddy since all of his friends are married or moved away. Pray I don't get murdered. I have never met somebody online before.
    If I had a car I'd chill with you, must suck living in a new place not knowing people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I think his chances of getting laid are higher with the dude.

Downtown HB is a chill scene. We get a lot of inlanders/tourists during the weekends so it's no problem meeting random people, as long as you're not socially awkward. I would recommend HB Brew Co. and Black Bull.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    One of my best guy friends was actually met on Craigslist few years ago when I posted a workout buddy ad. Bunch of gay creeps messaged me though so be very careful lol. You cast out a net like that and you make 1 friend for every 50 creeps.
    Actually, the guy cast out the net. I was the responder. We didn't end up meeting up though. I just went to some random bar in Anaheim and ended up talking to this one girl for most of the time. She's a 16 (for HIMYM fans).

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Has anything gayer ever been done on ISH? Seriously meeting dudes on craigslist to hang out? At least try for a chick so you have a 5% chance to get laid.
    My goal is to get a wing man to have weekend after weekend. I view it more like the old saying, "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach the man how to fish and he eats puss[COLOR="Black"]y.[/COLOR]" I may have the last part of that quote wrong, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Downtown HB is a chill scene. We get a lot of inlanders/tourists during the weekends so it's no problem meeting random people, as long as you're not socially awkward. I would recommend HB Brew Co. and Black Bull.
    Is HB Huntington Beach?

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

So I take it you're all good and well now? You are up and about so must be so. For some reason this makes me happy even though I have no idea who you are nor have I even had any sort of conversation with you on this site but reading posts from you, you seem like an alright guy, a goodfella. Cheers brother.

We are all brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    So I take it you're all good and well now? You are up and about so must be so. For some reason this makes me happy even though I have no idea who you are nor have I even had any sort of conversation with you on this site but reading posts from you, you seem like an alright guy, a goodfella. Cheers brother.

We are all brothers.
    Thanks

And yeah, I am probably 95% recovered. Probably going to hit the beaches today for the first time. I'm also now able to do light weight lifting. Going into water and weight lifting were 2 things that I was unable to do and have been looking forward to. I'll probably wait another month or 2 before I do something like basketball where contact may be an issue. Maybe by next week I'll even hit up 6 Flags or Disneyland and see how my body responds to that.

Why did you move out here? Just curious cus most reasons I can think of (other than completely separating yourself from your old life) would probably mean you would have at least one person to hang out with.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vapid
    Why did you move out here? Just curious cus most reasons I can think of (other than completely separating yourself from your old life) would probably mean you would have at least one person to hang out with.

He murdered 12 babies in self defense