Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread

I got my GTA4 today. Xbox Live as well. Just gotta hook and set everything up. I think i need an ethernet cord to hook to the xbox360 and the cable router so i can get access to the online thing. I dunno if i got one here, i might I hope.

I'm too lazy to set this shyt all up.

The map is huge, similar to San Andreas which means I hope the gameplay is long and it takes a long ass time to get from 1 side to the other.

I'm happy they didnt sell out at best buy.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    For those of you that have it, convince me to get it. I said I wasn't gonna get it, but those perfect 10s are hard to deny. Does it seem like a typical Grand Theft Auto game but on steroids.....or is it light years ahead?
    The multi player option is a big reason why this game kicks ass. Previous GTA games you didnt have the online gaming option. Now? You do. Get to create your own character and whup ass. I havent even played it yet...the article showing the screens, writeup had me sold. And that was just the online gaming feature. Not the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    I pre-ordered it, it will arrive May 1st. I payed 14 extra bucks for shipping so that the game arrives 4 days quicker. I choose Air rather then Ground as the means of shipment. Can't wait guys, can't wait.
    $14 exta bucks to get it may 1 and you call that preorder?

I got my GTA4 officially at 12:48pm April 29 2008. No stores near u?

Yo in the game came a xbox live gold trial for 1 month. WTF does that mean and what is its value? I just got the 12 months + 1 bonus month xbox live membership. Is this a bonus month?

If you use the +1 card, it adds another month to the end of your current 13 months. I tried the online multiplayer today with a couple dudes and it was fun as hell. You need to get in on this gobb stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Suns4Life
    If you use the +1 card, it adds another month to the end of your current 13 months. I tried the online multiplayer today with a couple dudes and it was fun as hell. You need to get in on this gobb stopper
    Yeah i'm trying to figure out how to hook it up. I'll be on soon!

The Big Bang

Can't wait to pick it up this evening...IGN gave it a 10.

Lets GO PENS!

Xbox live gamer tag- Cannonball3

High School Starter otmtheshank's Avatar

Anyone here tried it online for the PS3 yet? I couldn't get it to work yesterday or this morning(got it a little early), so I was wondering if it was working yet before I get off?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I didn't do a preorder or anything, anyone running into problems with stores being out of stock? Just curious.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I didn't do a preorder or anything, anyone running into problems with stores being out of stock? Just curious.
    yeah I pre-ordered but i went to walmart to get some cokes and they didn't have any for the 360 but tons of them for the PS3

$14 exta bucks to get it may 1 and you call that preorder?
    They didn't have the "pick-up" option available online because everyone pre-ordered them, so I had to do the next best thing. Are you kidding me man, where do you live?

Where I live, there was a lineup at 10pm near every gaming store in the city...I wasn't going to fight some 12 year old for it, I'm a busy dude so I just ordered it on-line. I actually order a lot of stuff online that doesn't exceed say 400 bucks.

It's convenient for me.

I'm probably not going to play online for like a while maybe 6 months, because apparently this game has alternative endings, which means as a character you can actually choose which deals you want to take and who you want to kill or save in the game...every decision you make will affect the story line. This game is too good to be true, you can play bowling, pool, darts...you can surf the net, watch TV...I mean the stuff are endless, it's a game for the ages.

Lets GO PENS!

They didn't have the "pick-up" option available online because everyone pre-ordered them, so I had to do the next best thing. Are you kidding me man, where do you live?

Where I live, there was a lineup at 10pm near every gaming store in the city...I wasn't going to fight some 12 year old for it, I'm a busy dude so I just ordered it on-line. I actually order a lot of stuff online that doesn't exceed say 400 bucks.

It's convenient for me.

I'm probably not going to play online for like a while maybe 6 months, because apparently this game has alternative endings, which means as a character you can actually choose which deals you want to take and who you want to kill or save in the game...every decision you make will affect the story line. This game is too good to be true, you can play bowling, pool, darts...you can surf the net, watch TV...I mean the stuff are endless, it's a game for the ages.
    so many ppl are going to drop out because of this game

Quote Originally Posted by otmtheshank
    Anyone here tried it online for the PS3 yet? I couldn't get it to work yesterday or this morning(got it a little early), so I was wondering if it was working yet before I get off?
    Yeah my son tried it this morning. It worked for a little while, then our wireless started acting up and he couldn't get back on.

Just got my SE gta 4. The Tin is awesome. They flipping taped the damn keys at the very back it took me a minute to find it im glad I stayed calm.

Won't get to play it until 7ish my parents are hogging the tv o well i dont have work tomorrow(very slow) so i can play all flippin day

Philadelphia. Go to Gamestop preorder get it 12am Apr 29th, or preorder at Best Buy and pick it up at 12am Apr 29th.

It's convenient for me.
    Damn If its convenient for you its all good. Heck i flirted with the 12am thing but wasnt no way i was gonna be able to do it. Tired and I love GTA (played them all) but I dont think I can be one of those diehard gamers. I've got my limits and that is one. I can wait for tomorrow and hope they didnt sell out, which they didnt. They had plenty actually.

[quote[I'm probably not going to play online for like a while maybe 6 months, because apparently this game has alternative endings, which means as a character you can actually choose which deals you want to take and who you want to kill or save in the game...every decision you make will affect the story line. This game is too good to be true, you can play bowling, pool, darts...you can surf the net, watch TV...I mean the stuff are endless, it's a game for the ages.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious at the alternate endings? Damn, didnt read that. Thats gonna be hot! I wonder if you can go back and kill a different person to see a new ending? U should....but i agree, i told my friends who keep texting me to get the online thing hooked up. But this is a game i wanna enjoy for self, so much to do/complete where is the time to play online? I'll make time but that online thing might not get set up until this weekend!

Hope you get it and enjoy.