Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: The Horrible Play By Ricky Rubio Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    He couldn't even start ahead of Rafer Alston, that's how much he sucked. He mentally thought he was the best player on the team or atleast equal to McGrady but in reality he couldn't even beat out Rafer Alston for the starters job and I dunno who the second string PG was but he couldn't beat out him either which is why he was Houston's 3rd string PG. If he was good enough he would have gotten minutes because Van Gundy hated Alston.

Rubio peaked when he was 15, the reason I hate on him is because there are all these idiot American fans who never have seen him play but assume he's going to be like Jason Kidd when in reality he's going to be like Rajon Rondo without the passing ability, rebounding ability or athleticism and mentally weaker.
    Stop making up lies. The ridiculous lying in this forum is not fun anymore. Spanoulis got into a personal feud with the coach over his sick mother.

His stepfather died and his mother became suicidal. She tried to kill herself and was committed. Spanoulis requested to be let off the team to move back to Greece to attend to her.

Van Gundy refused to allow it. Spanoulis became very pissed and then started complaining about it to management and he was then permanently benched for the season and never allowed to return to see his mother.

He had to move his mother to Houston to take care of her, and even then was never allowed back into the rotation by van Gundy.

Do you have any idea how much of a freaking dickhead it makes you out to be that you keep posting shit about that guy and how he could not play and handle the NBA?

Grow the hell up. Damn. This forum has gotten way out of hand.

A lot of people would have personal issues and be depressed and angry if that happened to them. So STFU already about it. Jeezus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

He had a reason to complain. Van Gundy told him flat out he was not going to play because he hated every European player except Dirk and he wanted him off the team.
    CITE PLZ

College superstar

Stop making up lies. The ridiculous lying in this forum is not fun anymore. Spanoulis got into a personal feud with the coach over his sick mother.

His stepfather died and his mother became suicidal. She tried to kill herself and was committed. Spanoulis requested to be let off the team to move back to Greece to attend to her.

Van Gundy refused to allow it. Spanoulis became very pissed and then started complaining about it to management and he was then permanently benched for the season and never allowed to return to see his mother.

He had to move his mother to Houston to take care of her, and even then was never allowed back into the rotation by van Gundy.

Do you have any idea how much of a freaking dickhead it makes you out to be that you keep posting shit about that guy and how he could not play and handle the NBA?

A lot of people would have personal issues and be depressed and angry if that happened to them. So STFU already about it. Jeezus Christ.
    please shut up if that shit about his mom is true then fine, but all i rememember from him on the rockets was him always complaining about how he couldn't play, and how he was the t-mac of greece compared to his role in the NBA. that was a fact, and he always complained about how he missed home so much, and said playing under van gundy was like slavery. i don't remember him arguing over his sick mother with van gundy. if anything he didnt mention any of his family problems until he was traded to the spurs. all i remember was him bitching about playing time, and how he missed playing ball at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    please shut up if that shit about his mom is true then fine, but all i rememember from him on the rockets was him always complaining about how he couldn't play, and how he was the t-mac of greece compared to his role in the NBA. that was a fact, and he always complained about how he missed home so much, and said playing under van gundy was like slavery. i don't remember him arguing over his sick mother with van gundy. if anything he didnt mention any of his family problems until he was traded to the spurs. all i remember was him bitching about playing time, and how he missed playing ball at home.
    It is true. It was even in Houston papers.

It's fine to bash the guy if you want. but making up lies about him is totally out of line.

If you are going to bitch about him moaning and complain at least say why.

It makes you look like a total jerk to say that stuff when the guy's mom tried to kill herself. Most people would have not complained, but they would have rearranged Van Gundy's face. I know I sure the hell would have.

Also, he never said he was "T-Mac of Greece". He never said any such thing. Two radio reporters in Houston made that up.

They made up a lie that he said that to a Greek paper in Greek, which is a lie. He never said any such thing.

Do you know how much of a damn idiot and douche you look like for repeating over and over this total bull shit that the guy never even said? Did you ever think to actually confirm that he even said that? No. You did not. You just believed whatever the hell you were told.

Do you speak Greek? Do you read Greek? Do you know what he said in that interview? No you do not.

But you believed what two radio reporters said, which was totally a made up lie. And you still believe it, which makes you a complete moron.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-01-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Banned

Post links, that story sounds made up and imaginary.

How come whenever Shitnoulis was given minutes he couldn't even beat opposing 3rd string PGs off the dribble and penetrate into the paint, how come his 3PFG% is like 17% and how come his career high in the NBA is like 5 points? Why didn't he play well before his mother got sick?

It is true. It was even in Houston papers.

It's fine to bash the guy if you want. but making up lies about him is totally out of line.

If you are going to bitch about him moaning and complain at least say why.

It makes you look like a total jerk to say that stuff when the guy's mom tried to kill herself. Most people would have not complained, but they would have rearranged Van Gundy's face. I know I sure the hell would have.
    Lol link? And if that's All true he still compared himself to mcgrady. Lol!

Also, he never said he was "T-Mac of Greece". He never said any such thing. Two radio reporters in Houston made that up.
    Direct quote from Van Gundy:

"(Spanoulis) says, 'I was McGrady back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here," Van Gundy said.

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/...es-1536296.php

Did Van Gundy make it up? I seriously doubt it. He was very candid and frank in this article/interview.

But, of course, here come more excuses.

NBA is different to euroleague, Rubio will be a very effective NBA player.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Direct quote from Van Gundy:

"(Spanoulis) says, 'I was McGrady back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here," Van Gundy said.

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/...es-1536296.php

Did Van Gundy make it up? I seriously doubt it. He was very candid and frank in this article/interview.

But, of course, here come more excuses.
    That is NOT a direct quote. Spanoulis NEVER said any such thing and that paper has NO QUOTES of anything said by Spanoulis.

It is VAN GUNDY being quoted there.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-01-2011 at 05:10 PM.

That is NOT a direct quote. Spanoulis NEVER said any such thing and that paper has NO QUOTES of anything said by Spanoulis.

It is VAN GUNDY being quoted there.
    I just said it's a direct quote from Van Gundy. And Van Gundy is quoting Shitnoulis.

You either think he's lying, or you trust him. I trust him, since the rest of that interview is very candid and I have no reason to believe he'd lie. He's very honest on TV and during interviews all the damn time.

Banned

Euroleague = weak as shit.... high school scrubs in the US can be MVPs there...

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I just said it's a direct quote from Van Gundy. And Van Gundy is quoting Shitnoulis.

You either think he's lying, or you trust him. I trust him, since the rest of that interview is very candid and I have no reason to believe he'd lie. He's very honest on TV and during interviews all the damn time.
    Van Gundy did not make it up. He was interviewed by 2 radio station guys. During the interview they asked him something like, "hey, did you know that Spanoulis said he was the T-Mac of Greece?" To which that was how Van Gundy responded to them.

Then the paper wrote about that. The basketball player Vassilis Spanoulis, that person, himself never in his life said any such thing. But stupid twits like you keep claiming he did. You demand links, you demand "proof" and here you keep posting total bull shit over and over.

I will tell you what Spanoulis said. I can read Greek. I believe the interview was with sport24.gr. Anyway, I read the interview at the time and remember in general what he said.

He was asked about why he was not playing in Houston (this is by a Greek newspaper in Greek language) and he said something like,

"The coach there does not like me and he made that clear the first day of practice that I would not play. He told me that rookies get coaches fired. He said my wife likes to shop and spend a lot of money. If I play a rookie, I will get fired. If I get fired, my wife will not have money to shop anymore and then I will be in trouble and she will divorce me. Therefore, you are not playing this year at all.

He also told me that he does not really like any European player except for Dirk and that he really was not going to play me at all during the year. This was the first day of practice."

Then he was asked about what he was going to do about this and he said something like,

"My agent has been to Houston to have a personal meeting with the manager of the team. They said if I play well in practice then the coach must play me. I was leading the team in scoring in every practice for the season and still the coach would not play me. So then the managers asked him too and he said he did not want to because he did not like my game."

Then they asked him something about why he did not like his game and he said something like,

"He says that I am not the right kind of shooting guard/small forward that he wants because I am too small and he also wants a player that is a pure stand still shooter."

THEN SPANOULIS SAID SOMETHING LIKE -->

"But I tried to explain to the coach that I am not used to being that kind of player and playing that way. I am used to running pick and roll, coming off screens and setting up the offense. I told the coach, the way McGrady plays there, that is how I am used to playing in Greece. So I asked him to use me that way, as a backup to McGrady and I could do the same things as him in the offense from the bench.

But he told me no. That instead I was to play as a player like Luther Head and stand still at the 3 point line and do nothing but work as a spot shooter, and that I was the backup of Bonzi Wells, not McGrady. And that since they had made a gamble on Wells in signing him, he had to get playing time or they would all look dumb for signing him and they did not want to admit the mistake that he was out of shape and unhealthy."

THAT IS WHAT HE SAID basically.

Then those 2 radio reporters told Van Gundy when he was on their show, "hey, did you know Spanoulis said he was T-Mac in Greece". Van Gundy responded in that mocking way, the paper printed it, and then every moron that reads it takes it as fact. Even though it never happened.

And the paper was smart enough to NEVER quote it as something Spanoulis himself said - because Spanoulis never said it.

And to further this, Bonzi Wells was actually in fact asked about it by a Chinese reporter that covered Yao Ming (Bonzi was popular in China for some reason), and Bonzi just said something like, "yeah, Spanoulis is getting screwed."

So Spanoulis sure the hell never said anything like, "I was T-Mac in Greece".
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-01-2011 at 05:33 PM.

So, you got all that from memory? Or... do you have a link...?

More from Van Gundy:

"I feel badly for him. He feels he was misled. Frankly, he's been his own worst enemy in many ways. Some of it is excuses. His turnovers have been high; his fouls have been high; his shooting percentage has been low. I would rather anybody start out with self-evaluation — what can I do better? — versus lash out and blame.

"Because I'm not playing him now doesn't mean he won't play in the future or we don't feel he could be a good player. I think he's allowed his disappointment to go to discouragement, which has, at times, stunted his improvement. We'll see. We'll see."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by purplch0de
    Euroleague = weak as shit.... high school scrubs in the US can be MVPs there...
    nate huffman, scrub from central michigan became MVP. Prime Eric Snow would have won like 6 euroleage titles in a row

5-4-2 today! Constant improvement.