Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Ricky Rubio's Final 2010-11 Season Stats

you guys need to realize some things about rubio though. first, he's not a shooter and he's currently very inefficient, but keep in mind that he's not supposed to be scoring. in the NBA, he won't be looking for his shot at all, but i also guarantee that his shooting will improve. his only field goal attempts will be layups and wide open 3's, i guarantee you that.

second, he is a good passer. 3.5 apg in euroleague in only 22.7 mpg is good, it's a more slower paced, defense oriented grind it out style and that number will inflate heavily in the NBA. he'll also have more athletic teammates (OMG RACIST AMERICAN!!!) that will create more opportunities for him and his fg% will go up to at least around 40%.

a realistic expectation for his rookie year would be something like this:

PPG: 9.5
    APG: 7.7
    RPG: 3.2
    FG%: 41%

and he's only going to get better. this kid has NBA-level court vision and he's very young. he can control the pace of a game and he can help bring an identity to a franchise. he's gonna be a good player.

NBA rookie of the year

I'd take him on the Knicks in a heartbeat. With all the scorers we have, he wouldn't have to do much himself. All we'd need is a center who can rebound and make a nice outlet pass. Rubio-Melo-Amar'e? That could be a nice fast break.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    I'd take him on the Knicks in a heartbeat. With all the scorers we have, he wouldn't have to do much himself. All we'd need is a center who can rebound and make a nice outlet pass. Rubio-Melo-Amar'e? That could be a nice fast break.
    Agreed.

He'll need to work on his Pick & Roll with Amare.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Complete nonsense.

Those are horrible point guard stats in Europe and many, many, many, many point guards have far better stats than that. Rubio's stats and Jennings' stats are horrible for European standards and horrible compared to most other point guards in Europe.

And, news flash, Jennings sucks in the NBA.

Rubio is not half as good as Calderon is, and he is not the starter of Barca, that Victor is Sada.
    Jennings had a tough sophmore season, but was close to winning ROY in his first year (4 time rookie of the month). What I was trying to say is that those Euro stats don't mean too much in determining how a player will transition to the NBA. Jennings is a bit of a chucker, while Rubio is more of a pass first PG anyway. Not saying Rubio will do better than Jennings in the NBA, just saying that all this Rubio hate is unwarranted.

On Calderon - He averaged 2.6 APG for Tau Ceramica before he came over to the NBA, where he, at some point averaged close to 8/9 APG.
    These stats in European leagues don't mean sh*t.

While I don't know how Rubio will do in the NBA. He's been great in Spain. Just accept it.. Look at his accomplishments.

[QUOTE]3

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Agreed.

He'll need to work on his Pick & Roll with Amare.
    From what I've seen he's already better at the P'nR than any of the "point guards" we have on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Wait, are we comparing a Spanish PG who has spent his entire career playing the European brand of basketball including as a professional at 16 to an American PG from Compton who shows up for 5 months?

Jennings didnt even get off the bench on his team because he said he didnt have the work ethic to grasp their style of play. He knew he was only going to be there for a few months before coming back to the states for the NBA Draft. His struggles in adjusting overseas are completely irrelevant to Rubio's struggles to a game he has played for his whole life.

If Jennings had no chance to play in the NBA, I can guarantee you in time he would've worked to become a good PG over there in Europe.
    BS. Jennings got normal playing time in Italy. NBA fans are totally making up that he did not get playing time. Even most superstars in Europe play about 25 minutes a game, and Jennings was getting around 19 a game.

So it is complete BS this claim Americans make that he was not getting any playing time. Jennings just flat out sucked in Euroleague (he sucks in NBA also), but he was better than Rubio though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Jennings had a tough sophmore season, but was close to winning ROY in his first year (4 time rookie of the month). What I was trying to say is that those Euro stats don't mean too much in determining how a player will transition to the NBA. Jennings is a bit of a chucker, while Rubio is more of a pass first PG anyway. Not saying Rubio will do better than Jennings in the NBA, just saying that all this Rubio hate is unwarranted.

On Calderon - He averaged 2.6 APG for Tau Ceramica before he came over to the NBA, where he, at some point averaged close to 8/9 APG.
    These stats in European leagues don't mean sh*t.

While I don't know how Rubio will do in the NBA. He's been great in Spain. Just accept it.. Look at his accomplishments.

His stats arent that much worse this year than they were last year. He really hasnt improved much though.. I'll have to admit that, but he's still great.

Here's what coach K (one of the best coach in bball ever) had to say about Rubio last year:

"He's gotten bigger and he plays outstanding defense, and because he's a pass-first guard he's going to be liked by everybody who plays with him,"

We'll see. Stop hating though.

Rubio is an absolute awful scrub in Euroleague and he is not half as good as Calderon. You obviously have never seen him play.

As for this........

[I]3
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-17-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Banned

Please show me.......................if you can.
    You're probably the last oen who should post a request like that.

Anyhoo, Rubio = Shaun Livingston without the length.

Local High School Star

He's garbage. If he actually ends up playing in the NBA, he'll get exposed and shipped back overseas.

id take rubio also on the knicks, he just has to work on his picknrolls and practice that 15 foot range jump shot for the pnr. hes already lightning fast and has good dribble.

I rule the local playground Semi's Avatar

Stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats...

That's all you can talk about! It's boring. Maybe 5 percent or less who posted in this thread have seen Rubio play constantly this year. The rest just looks at the stats and talks about how he has bad shot selection, doesn't help his team win, etc. It's amazing how much you can read out of stats. But somehow you got to admit you have no idea how he really performs.

I have no idea too. But I believe that he is a starting PG on one of the best teams in europe and was drafted pretty high and I've seen him in the olympics. So I think all the guys who work for a living in basketball will have a bit more knowledge than all of you keyboard-heros. So shut your mouth till you've seen him play on NBA level (or should I say play in general).

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Complete nonsense.

Those are horrible point guard stats in Europe and many, many, many, many point guards have far better stats than that. Rubio's stats and Jennings' stats are horrible for European standards and horrible compared to most other point guards in Europe.

And, news flash, Jennings sucks in the NBA.

Rubio is not half as good as Calderon is, and he was not the starter of Barca, that was Victor Sada.
    Stat wise Rubio has been top 10 PPG in his worst season in ACB and Euroleague. TOp 5 in assists too, which is what he is all about. Anyone that knows a bit about basketball knows Rubio will not expected to carry his team in scoring. But he will still be a good starting PG, once he gets used to the game.

Guys, there's not much of a Rubio owns bandwagon anymore, so jumping on the opposite bagon, the one were you put him down as hard as possible isn't cool anymore, you're not going against the mainstream guys, just sounding dumb, over and over, on loop.
    Get some actual insight, watch games, read articles, compare Rubio's stats to other young PG in Europe, or other PGs period. He is a great prospect, and it's just a pity so many hate him based on dodgy media comments like him being arrogant or only wanting to play for a contender team, that's bullshit and it's pathetic the way people will believe any kind of crap that comes out of tabloids without bothering to check a second source.

It's easier to be guided blindly without having the responsability to actually think for your own, but if you tried once, you'd discover it's rewarding, and more accurate.

You're one of the worst posters I've seen, out of all the forums I've visited, and if your mother loved you a slight bit, she'd end your life and stop all the suffering.
    Last edited by SpanishACB; 06-17-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    So I think all the guys who work for a living in basketball will have a bit more knowledge than all of you keyboard-heros.
    Let's close message boards then. And TV shows on sports like soccer as well, unless it's Pele & Cruijff talking.

Idiot.

I rule the local playground Semi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chapallaz
    Let's close message boards then. And TV shows on sports like soccer as well, unless it's Pele & Cruijff talking.

Idiot.
    I never said that it's bad to have those things. It's bad when everybody thinks he has an superior opinion. All I'm saying is that we're just watching and those guy's have certainly a bid more knowledge and I think they know what they're doing. I think you're the idiot with your overreaction...

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    Stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats, stats...

That's all you can talk about! It's boring. Maybe 5 percent or less who posted in this thread have seen Rubio play constantly this year. The rest just looks at the stats and talks about how he has bad shot selection, doesn't help his team win, etc. It's amazing how much you can read out of stats. But somehow you got to admit you have no idea how he really performs.

I have no idea too. But I believe that he is a starting PG on one of the best teams in europe and was drafted pretty high and I've seen him in the olympics. So I think all the guys who work for a living in basketball will have a bit more knowledge than all of you keyboard-heros. So shut your mouth till you've seen him play on NBA level (or should I say play in general).