Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: #11 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Jerry West

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Pauk suddenly went mute until those of us that questioned him seemingly log off ISH for the day.

Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.
    I am not here 24-7, but i will reply your absurd babble whenever i have time.... I just wonder how long you truly think you can go with your misdirectional posts...

1. I showed Lebrons accomplishments next to West, Oscar, Malone... showing you why Lebron should be #11...
    2. You still voted for a less accomplished player...
    3. I asked simply why, i respect your opinion, have nothing against it, i was just interested thats all...
    4. You couldnt retaliate, so instead you just started to ramble about something completely else, insulted me, called me a Lebron stan and so on and so on...

So you see, me going mute is only a wish for YOU... because only then could you ignore those facts i presented for you and then you could continue to live in a fantasy world of yours where your opinions is all the "facts" you need...
    Last edited by pauk; 08-24-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I am not here 24-7, but i will reply your absurd babble whenever i have time.... I just wonder how long you truly think you can go with your misdirectional posts...
    Why don't you tell us why you insist on using pointless awards like ASG and awards that didn't exist in the eras of some of the players you're making a case for LeBron to be ranked ahead of?

I mean you even include DPOY to use for LeBron vs. West and Oscar, even go as far to mention LeBron is a 1x DPOY runner-up, and make no mention that the award DIDN'T EXIST when West an Oscar were playing.

Moses Malone

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Why don't you tell us why you insist on using pointless awards like ASG and awards that didn't exist in the eras of some of the players you're making a case for LeBron to be ranked ahead of?

I mean you even include DPOY to use for LeBron vs. West and Oscar, even go as far to mention LeBron is a 1x DPOY runner-up, and make no mention that the award DIDN'T EXIST when West an Oscar were playing.
    I presented you with ALL NBA accomplishments (minus the milestones, records, stats and so on)... thats all i did... then its up to you..

Whatever accomplishments you want to compare Lebron with West, Moses and Oscar... go ahead, he has them beat, except the longevity accomplishments (all-star selections for example)...

...and please stop confusing me with a Lebron stan, if West had a Championship where he was THE MAN of instead and all those MVPs then i would call him better.... but thats not the case... its extremly simple... that "But ur teh just teh Lebron stan!!!!onee!11" excuse wont work here...
    Last edited by pauk; 08-24-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Default Re: Sources: New trade offer in works for Dwight to land in Houston

LeBron James

What's really strange is....for years we heard 'winning is overrated"....."winning is a team acomplishment"....__________ (fill in star who won) only wins because of a great team"

- Now that Lebron won a Title in a asterik season he is now the 11th greatest player according to ISH...he basically jumped at least 15 spots

for winning a title.

- yet the same criteria doesn't go for other superstars who won more...alot more.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

He makes no mention that the standards have changed on how some awards are given out. For instance the MVP used to be based on player vote, rather than media.

I guess in a few years when Lebron moves up, and we compare him to Jordan, we can use "Slam Dunk Champions" on the list.

Lebron James

1x Champion
    1x Finals MVP
    3x MVP
    8x All-Star
    8x All-NBA Selections
    4x All-Defensive Selections
    1x Scoring Champion

Jerry West? Lebron accomplished just as much in a tougher era. The league doesn't compare to what it is now.

Moses Malone? 1 ring, 1 finals mvp, 3 mvps...Lebron has all that.

Oscar? 1 ring as an old man behind Kareem, 0 finals mvps. Lebron's 27-7-7 career average in this era is better than Oscar's triple doubles in the 60s era which had an all-time high pace. He wouldn't that that in this era that's for sure.

Isiah? Don't know why he got 2 votes. Isn't even in the conversation, Lebron is just better.

David Robinson? Got 1 vote, but he never led a team to a title like Lebron has.

Barkely? Lebron has accomplished much more in his career

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I presented you with ALL NBA accomplishments (minus the milestones, records, stats and so on)... thats all i did... then its up to you..

Whatever accomplishments you want to compare Lebron with West, Moses and Oscar... go ahead, he has them beat, except the longevity accomplishments (all-star selections for example)...

...and please stop confusing me with a Lebron stan, if West had a Championship where he was THE MAN of instead and all those MVPs then i would call him better.... but thats not the case... its extremly simple... that "But ur teh just teh Lebron stan!!!!onee!11" excuse wont work here...

Lebron never went up against a dynasty like the 1960s Boston Celtics.

Not all rings are equal, and not all awards are equal. Get it through your skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Moses Malone? 1 ring, 1 finals mvp, 3 mvps...Lebron has all that.
    Moses Malone 17834 career rebounds
    LeBron James 19045 career points

For the same reason Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain is compared to Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and such...
    I've never seen anyone do what you're doing. You're doing a "side-by-side resume" comparison for LeBron, Jerry West, and Oscar Robertson, and including awards and honors that didn't exist when two of those were playing. That'd be exactly like me using FMVP as a category, putting a 6 in Jordan's column, and a 0 in Russell's, knowing the casual fan may think Russell must not have been as good as Jordan because he won 0 FMVPs to Jordan's 6.

FMVP, DPOY, 3PT line, steals, blocks didnt exist back then for example, so you work with what a player had and what a player did not have... you can either go with hypothetic opinions like: "Russell would have 11 FMVPs if that award did exist back then", that would make him the GOAT wouldnt it? or you can go with facts... "He had none"...
    Do you really not see how stupid and ignorant this makes you look? I mean are you so deeply obsessed with LeBron that you've become completely void of logic? How in the world is it fair to go with facts in that instance? How in the hell is it fair to say LeBron has 20 POTM awards to West's and Robertson's 0, say you're just stating facts, and COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that POTM wasn't an award when West and Robertson were playing?

I'll say it again....if you're going to compare 2 or 3 players by doing a resume comparison, and there is an award or honor that didn't exist during the time of one or two of the players, but did for the other(s), THEN JUST DON'T USE IT! It really is that simple.

With your logic, Russell should be the GOAT considering he hypothetically could have got many FMVPs...

It doesnt work that way...
    How? That's not what he's saying...AT ALL. He, I, nor anyone else are saying West, Robertson, or Moses Malone would have close to 20 POTM awards if it existed during their careers. All we're saying is it's not fair to use it when it didn't exist during their careers but did in LeBron's. Same with DPOY an DPOY voting. Don't use "LeBron 1x DPOY runner-up" unless you mention the award didn't exist during West's and Robertson's career.

Sure, but if you do discredit what a player has accomplished then there is a reason some human might question your agenda...
    He's not trying to discredit what LeBron did, neither am I. We're just trying to get you to realize how unfair and ignorant it is to build-up LeBron and argue why he's better by using awards that didn't exist during the career of the payers you're comparing him to.

Pedestal #11 is where Lebrons accomplishments are at, not any higher, you could debate Jerry West, Moses Malone and Oscar Robertson using different criterias, but thats the pedestal he is at based on not my opinion, but the accomplishments you see right infront of your eyes i often here presented for you.
    That's exactly what it is. You think LeBron is #11 all-time because of his accomplishments. Yes, those accomplishments are facts, but you thinking he's #11 all-time because of those facts is your opinion.

But you? Its YOU who just discredited a greater career in order to firmly place someone else where your obsess believes he should be.
    Nice. Casually throw in there that LeBron has had a greater career like it's an indisputable fact.

Who said anything about POTM boosting Lebron to Top 5? What the hell...
    That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying how stupid it is to use POTM to compare LeBron to Oscar and West. Maybe if I say it a few thousand more times, it'll finally register in that dense head of yours, and you'll stop doing it.

Tired of people like you immediately excusing your lack of retaliation by commenting about that guy being a stan... because you cant retaliate... who can retaliate facts which proves your statement wrong afterall...

Either present me with facts to why Jerry West, Oscar Robertson should be above Lebron or stop wasting my time with that nonsense....
    He's not saying you're wrong about LeBron being #11. Nowhere in that post did he say that. He did say LeBron will more than likely be top 5 by the time his career is over, but he's nowhere near that right now. That's not him saying LeBron shouldn't be #11.

Thing is, I don't even have a problem with LeBron at #11, or #12-#15. I just hate the way you're going about arguing for LeBron over the other candidates for the spot.
    Last edited by KG215; 08-24-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    Moses Malone 17834 career rebounds
    LeBron James 19045 career points
    How about 10 40pt playoff games and 53 30pt playoff games to how many for Moses?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Listing player of the months for Lebron with a zero next to players who didnt have a chance to win one really is one of the most pathetic tactics ive ever seen used here. And defending it is proof enough that the person saying it shouldnt be taken serious.

Its the worst kind of manipulation and its so obvious that the only reasonable response to being called out on it should be "Yea...you got me".

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    How about 10 40pt playoff games and 53 30pt playoff games to how many for Moses?
    How many 15+ or 20+ board playoff games for LeBron?

My point was, right now LeBron can compete with Moses' career awards but not on career totals or -longevity-. Moses Malone was a 20/10 guy for 11 straight seasons and he was only 1.1 ppg away for 12th one. LeBron just completed his 8th season.