Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Kyle Lowry: It's Either Me Or Dragic.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Didn't read the article but so I don't know the context but I'll comment anyway.
    Tends to be what typical ISH users do these days. Thanks for being irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut

Wasn't Jordan Hill traded after his rookie season to the Rockets because many thought he was a bust? I don't see how the Derrick Williams situation is any different.

- Jordan Hill wasn't because management thought he was a "bust", it was because he was the only asset we could part with to get Houston to take Jared Jeffries contract. If not, no pursuing LeBron in 2010.

Derrick Williams isn't Jordan Hill. Williams has the potential to actually be a star for Minnesota in time, and the upside is there. Why else did they draft him #2? You just want Williams on the Lakers because you too must think he has some upside to be a good player in the future and just want Minnesota to be stupid enough to give him up.

If Beasley has a player option for 8 million, he's going to take it. He's not worth more than that.
    Learn the difference between a Qualifying Offer and Player Option.

Minnesota can offer Beasley to come back at $8 Million, and based on how he played last season along with that guy named Derrick Williams, there is a small chance they'll bring him back. He has no choice in that matter.

Gasol is a star player in this league, still top 3 PF in the NBA.
    Sure.

He definetly plays like it in the Playoffs.

It's okay if you don't like the Lakers, but don't let your hate cloud your judgement.
    I dont have any reason to hate the Lakers.

I hate dumbass fans like yourself who think that you're supposed to get whichever player you want in a trade simply because you feel all other GM's are stupid except for your own.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Rockets send: Lowry, Martin
    Rockets receive: Gasol, Blake

Wolves send: Williams, Beasley
    Wolves receive: Martin

Lakers send: Gasol, Blake
    Receive: Lowry, Williams, Beasley

3-team trade that benefits all teams.
    If I'm Houston, I gotta love this trade. Lowry or Dragic is as good as gone, they won't have enough money to keep both PGs. They also get rid of Martin's contract and finally get Pau Gasol after the Dragic/Scola/Martin talk broke down with the Lakers earlier this season.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    If I'm Houston, I gotta love this trade. Lowry or Dragic is as good as gone, they won't have enough money to keep both PGs. They also get rid of Martin's contract and finally get Pau Gasol after the Dragic/Scola/Martin talk broke down with the Lakers earlier this season.

They wont keep both PGS but go look at the cap situation in Houston and tell me why they wont have enough cap room?

Also you must be a laker fan....

This trade is terrible for every team but the lakers.

Bad for Houston

Bad for T-wolves

Good for Lakers

Lakers fans are so fing stupid.

You know what How about Gasol and Steve ****ing blake for Derrick, Beasley, Scola, Lowry

Sounds fair.

It wont happen...

But lets all be gay.

Kevin Martin put up 25+ ppg a few seasons ago but had to deal with injuries this year. He's already a proven player in this game. Williams? Not so much, and he's never going to get his chance to show he's not anything more than a bust behind Love and Pekovic in Minny.
    That doesn't mean much. Your last impression speaks for your value.

Why would they trade the #2 pick for Kevin Martin?

I mean seriously, you're calling a guy a "bust" for being on a team where he didn't have a huge role in his rookie season but at the same time campaigning for trying to acquire him. If you're interested in picking up "busts" why aren't you hoping to acquire Darko from Minnesota?

And it's not like they're going to keep Beasley after this season anyways. If their priority is on winning now, getting Martin is a good decision, just imagine Pekovic/Love/Rubio/Martin. Martin played a few seasons under Adelman as well, so he'd fit right in.
    Martin would fit in with Minnesota.

But once again, the problem has to do with how Houston values him and what Minnesota is capable of offering. Its quite obvious that there are 4 untouchable players for Minnesota in Love, Rubio, Williams, & Pekovic.

So if Houston doesn't have interest in anything else they can offer (Johnson/Ridnour, cap space, future draft picks) then they're not just going to send Kevin Martin to Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    Why would the Lakers want Derrick Williams when they are trying to win now. Guy is far away from being a starter on a good team. Then you through in a knucklehead like Beasley.

Lakers would be much better off with Dragic/Scola/Martin

You know what How about Gasol and Steve ****ing blake for Derrick, Beasley, Scola, Lowry

Sounds fair.

It wont happen...

But lets all be gay.
    Derrick Williams is nothing special...do not want. don't have time to teach him how to play defense or fit into an offense. guy doesnt get it yet.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    - Jordan Hill wasn't because management thought he was a "bust", it was because he was the only asset we could part with to get Houston to take Jared Jeffries contract. If not, no pursuing LeBron in 2010.

Derrick Williams isn't Jordan Hill. Williams has the potential to actually be a star for Minnesota in time, and the upside is there. Why else did they draft him #2? You just want Williams on the Lakers because you too must think he has some upside to be a good player in the future and just want Minnesota to be stupid enough to give him up.
    Typical Knicks fan, still trying to justify the Jordan Hill trade.

Let's pretend like last year's draft wasn't one of the weakest drafts of all time. Irving was a legit #1 pick, then the rest of the draft picks may as well have been 2nd rounders. Are we gonna act like if Jordan Hill went into last year's draft out of college, he wouldn't be right there with Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    They wont keep both PGS but go look at the cap situation in Houston and tell me why they wont have enough cap room?

Also you must be a laker fan....

This trade is terrible for every team but the lakers.

Bad for Houston

Bad for T-wolves

Good for Lakers

Sounds fair.

It wont happen...

But lets all be gay.
    Its been this way ever since the Kwame for Gasol deal.

Typical Knicks fan, still trying to justify the Jordan Hill trade.
    Wrong, there was justification in moving him to possibly sign LeBron in 2010.

There was no justification in drafting him over Brandon Jennings.

Had to clear that up.

I wanted Jennings, we all wanted Jennings after Curry went off the board.

Let's pretend like last year's draft wasn't one of the weakest drafts of all time. Irving was a legit #1 pick, then the rest of the draft picks may as well have been 2nd rounders.
    Yeah, because Derrick Williams & Kyrie Irving weren't clearly the 2 top prospects in the 2012 NBA Draft by far. You can spin your stupid trade scenario however you want. Maybe you can even tell me that Derrick Williams is a "bust" and you want the Lakers to get him so they can waive him in training camp.

Are we gonna act like if Jordan Hill went into last year's draft out of college, he wouldn't be right there with Williams?
    No.

Williams was the better player in college, projected with a higher upside to the NBA, and it isn't even close.
    Last edited by Rowe; 05-26-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Why would they trade the #2 pick for Kevin Martin?
    Take everything in context. A #2 pick in last year's draft isn't worth drooling over. Let me fix that for you.

Why would they trade the #2** pick for Kevin Martin?

**: Weakest draft in recent memory and an incredibly underachieving first season.

Take everything in context. A #2 pick in last year's draft isn't worth drooling over. Let me fix that for you.

Why would they trade the #2** pick for Kevin Martin?

**: Weakest draft in recent memory and an incredibly underachieving first season.
    Skip the formalities. I've posted enough about this.

Answer this:

Why do you want the Lakers to acquire Derrick Williams?

In that you'll have the answer as to why the T'Wolves wouldn't trade Williams after just 1 season. If he truly was such a "bust" and didn't offer much value/potential moving forward after an unimpressive rookie season, then he shouldn't be a focal point of your trade scenario for a "top 3 PF" in Pau Gasol. You don't have the Lakers picking up "busts" like Wes Johnson or Martell Webster. Better yet, Darko.
    Last edited by Rowe; 05-26-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Williams was the better player in college, projected with a higher upside to the NBA, and it isn't even close.
    Or maybe you were just brainwashed by the media hype. Are we gonna act like Brandon Jennings, a #10 pick in the same draft as Jordan Hill wouldn't have been a #2 pick in last year's draft? That should explain how weak the talent pool was in last year's draft after Irving.

William's horrible first year only further proves my point.

Or maybe you were just brainwashed by the media hype. Are we gonna act like Brandon Jennings, a #10 pick in the same draft as Jordan Hill wouldn't have been a #2 pick in last year's draft? That should explain how weak the talent pool was in last year's draft after Irving.

William's horrible first year only further proves my point.
    See my post above.

Answer that and get back to me.

Right now you're pulling out all the stops to justify how Minnesota doesn't need Williams, how Jordan Hill is so much better than Williams, & how Hill would've been the #2 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. Sure.

Answer this:

Why do you want the Lakers to acquire Derrick Williams while giving up Pau Gasol?

In that you'll have the answer as to why the T'Wolves wouldn't trade Williams after just 1 season. If he truly was such a "bust" and didn't offer much value/potential moving forward after an unimpressive rookie season, then he shouldn't be a focal point of your trade scenario for a "top 3 PF" in Pau Gasol. You don't have the Lakers picking up "busts" like Wes Johnson or Martell Webster. Better yet, Darko.
    The Lakers need to part ways with Pau after the vetoed Cp3 trade. It's obvious he's affected by it and can't play his best on this team with rumors constantly flying around.

Williams is definitely not the focal point. In fact out of the 3 players the Lakers would be getting, he'd be third. Lowry is the focal point obviously after Sessions proved he is nothing more than a bench PG. Then Lakers obviously need a bench scorer in Beasley. To replace Gasol, I would like the Lakers to get a younger PF that can at least move quick laterally to guard the pick n roll and hustle and be active for rebounds. I think Williams can fill that need.

It's not like I'm expecting Williams to become Amare or anything.

Answer this:

Why do you want the Lakers to acquire Derrick Williams?

wouldn't mind the Lakers picking up Wes Johnson...I think he has potential. Martel Webster could be helpful too. Derrick Williams would serve no purpose on this team because he doesn't know how to play basketball. He prob wouldn't even start.