Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Grizzlies are legit contenders in the west

I think we have different definitions of the word contender. To me that means someone/some team that is favoured to make the conference finals. If they were in the East I would totally agree because other than the Heat being an almost lock the other ECF slot is wide open. In the West I think that there are teams that are better than them by a lot like the Lakers, Thunder, and Spurs. No offense to the Vancouver Grizzlies, and I wish them all the best, but I don't see them as contenders at this point. Problem is I just don't see how they get better, without a major trade.

Edit: To clarify I mean their core players are youngish (Gay, Gasol, Conley), but not young enough to expect massive amounts of improvement from them, and Randolph is on the wrong side of 30 at this point. Without a major trade I just don't see them making huge improvements.
    Last edited by lilgodfather1; 11-12-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Agreed. Who will be the top 4 is the question?
    Well, I will definitely not rule out the Lakers. That team has picked it up since starting 1-4. The Spurs, Clippers and Thunder will be in the top 4 for sure. The 4th spot will be a toss up between the Grizz and Lakers.

1) Spurs
    2) Clipps
    3) Thunder
    4) Grizzlies
    ---
    5) Lakers
    6) Nuggets

Hate it or love it, that's my prediction.

Now a Cavs fan again

LOL!

The Grizzlies are contenders... perhaps to get out of the first round and get destroyed by the Lakers, Thunder or Spurs.

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Well, I will definitely not rule out the Lakers. That team has picked it up since starting 1-4. The Spurs, Clippers and Thunder will be in the top 4 for sure. The 4th spot will be a toss up between the Grizz and Lakers.

1) Spurs
    2) Clipps
    3) Thunder
    4) Grizzlies
    ---
    5) Lakers
    6) Nuggets

Good God! The Clippers second? Grizzlies fourth? Four different teams ahead of the Lakers? (who have by far the most talented team in the West)

1) Spurs
    2) Clipps
    3) Thunder
    4) Grizzlies
    ---
    5) Lakers
    6) Nuggets

Does go to show how deep the west is.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    did you even watch the games? once griffin and DJ went out they had their runs, griffin and DJ didn't even play in the 4th quarters. Not only that z-bo was playing on 1 leg.
    Zbo missed 13 games to start the season so the not being 100 percent excuse is getting old. Griffin and CP3 both got injured at the end of game 4... when Clippers took 3-1 lead.

By the end of the season:
    1. San Antonio
    2. OKC
    3. Lakers
    4. Grizzlies

They would be a matchup nightmare for the Heat. They would also be a better team than last year if they stay healthy going into the playoffs. I think ZBo wasnt totally healthy last year? Granted, we have only seen a small part of the season and they did lose to the Clipps.

If not OKC, Ill be rooting for the grizz to make it out of the west (cos I know GSW have no chance)
    Last edited by PyrrhusX; 11-12-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Good God! The Clippers second? Grizzlies fourth? Four different teams ahead of the Lakers? (who have by far the most talented team in the West)
    Umm, the Clipps and Grizz are pretty good brah.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

1) Spurs
    2) Clipps
    3) Thunder
    4) Grizzlies
    ---
    5) Lakers
    6) Nuggets

The Mavs might be really good this season. They are doing okay without Dirk. And OJ Mayo is a nice pick up, so I think they will be top 5 or 6. Ppl might be overlooking them.

I disagree with the idea that Memphis wanting to avoid the Clips. It could've gone either way. But I think they are team that could cause trouble in the West. I do not think they can get out of the West, but they can cause a scare. They could go six or seven games with any team.

they are legit contenders IF they get out of the west. in fact, they would be heavy favorites to be champions if they win the west and face Miami.

UNFORTUNATELY, they are in the west where they face teams that are bad match ups for them.

I wanna see what they do with Rudy Gay.

Being honest, I would rather another player. But Gay can work...he just has to be less Gay.

A guy that I'd really like for them is Ben Gordon. People may wonder about that, but that guy would still beast off the bench, and I think he'd do great alongside Mike Conley. Tony Allen could even play some 3, as he can defend 3's and that's what it's all about for him. Best man defender in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I wanna see what they do with Rudy Gay.

Being honest, I would rather another player. But Gay can work...he just has to be less Gay.

A guy that I'd really like for them is Ben Gordon. People may wonder about that, but that guy would still beast off the bench, and I think he'd do great alongside Mike Conley. Tony Allen could even play some 3, as he can defend 3's and that's what it's all about for him. Best man defender in the game.

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

all about wayne ellington.GOAT

Zbo missed 13 games to start the season so the not being 100 percent excuse is getting old. Griffin and CP3 both got injured at the end of game 4... when Clippers took 3-1 lead.
    You got your numbers backwards. Z-bo missed 30+ games last year.

Zbo missed 31 games, not 13. He was brought back early bc we wanted him to try to get his feet under him before the playoffs. He was not %100. He is now and is beasting. A worse team upset the spurs and took the thunder to 7games in 2011 without Rudy gay. This is the first time the core has been healthy and the supporting cast is better as well.

Also in the lock out season practically everyone was injured. We also were missing our best big man off the bench.