Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

His disorder should be called the sensitive bitch disorder. Cus thats exactly what he is. He thinks twitter is like his friend and is looking out for him. He doesnt realize its just a bunch of attention whores sympathizing with him to feel like they talked to someone important. Does this dude not have a dad or something? Hes basically a big black ******, he wants people to feel sorry for him. This generation of kids is so pathetic its unbelievable. Its like having character, being a man and earning respect don't exist for these people.

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Quote Originally Posted by bingoa
    I thought he was a terrible shooter

So a glorified Boris Diaw is now a Top 5 talent?

It's a unique skill set but people seem to be confusing 'unique' with 'Elite'

Yea, or you simply don't know who you're talking about.

I get the feelign some of you think the best think for Royce would be the Rockets giving in to every single demand he makes unconditionally. That's not how treatment works. That's not how anything works.

The Rockets set up a program with him to allow him to function (note: they are paying him to work) and he is not only not following it, he is publicly berating them at every turn, acting like a spoiled child.

This sounds like my daughter complaining she has a stomach ache because she didn't want to go to school. The point is not getting better, the point is avoiding the thing you don't want to do.

Ok so this kid doesn't show up for training camp, misses practices and wants opportunity to earn playing time? Hahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    he needs to go play in a small country where you dont have to fly to travel.

maybe go play in greece

Is he going to swim there?

Seriously if I didn't like to fly the NBA would be off my list of career choices. It would be right up there with pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by bingoa
    I thought he was a terrible shooter

So a glorified Boris Diaw is now a Top 5 talent?

It's a unique skill set but people seem to be confusing 'unique' with 'Elite'
    Yes a

15/5/5 or 17/10/5 player like Diaw or Odom is a top talent in a NBA draft. Not everyone can be LeBron and average 30/10/10

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Rockets working to help him doesn't mean they need to do everything 100% the way he'd like it done. Listening to him talk, he sounds like a spoiled baby. I don't doubt for 1 second his issues, but he doesn't sound at all like a person trying to get better. Everything is me me me, do it like i want, do it like i need. It really reminds me of a drug addict blaming others for not allowing him to get better so they can keep taking drugs. I think it's easy, he blames them, and doesn't need to play, to fly, because the rockets "won't allow him to".
    Exactly! That's exactly how I see it. If he said "I want 10 chariots to take me to practice, I want a personal feeder to put food in my mouth so I don't have to, U want this I want that etc..." they shouldn't be forced to do everything he says because he has anxiety. If he makes a reasonable request and they deny it due to the anxiety then yes he has something to take issue with. If they do something like putting him in the D-League because he hasn't played or practiced and he cries anxiety, he's in the wrong. I feel the risk they took was beyond just the risk of him not panning out. It was a risk on his character, his maturity level, and on him being able and willing to meet them half way.

Future D1 Dad

they knew he had problems when they drafted him. him wanting to ride a bus to every game isn't going to work- white himself should know that.

i think they're going to end up cutting him or trading him to a team that might want to work around his disorder.

anxiety disorder is a mf'er. i myself had my 1st panic attack last week and i thought i was going to shut down and die.

If he can't travel by a plane and can't practice and etc.. Rockets should kick his sorry ass out of franchise. Royce White is a disgrace to people with anxiety. There are many people with such mental illnesses and they give their best working in bad jobs, earning couple of bucks under shitty bosses.

Rockets gives him million of dollars, taking care of him like a baby and treat him like so important yet he is bitching about everything.How many companies treat like this to their employees?

There are many talented young men around the league and coming each year into the league as well. No big deal.

This dude seems like an obnoxious brat, calls out his organization on twitter, misses training camp, training sessions and then he wants playing time over guys who work much harder than him

NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets took a huge risk in drafting him, and it appears they've been bitten in the ass by it.

I understand he has some mental problems, but honestly, he's in the wrong profession. Constant travel and public/media attention. At the end of the day, the Rockets aren't paying him to not play. It's their fault for drafting him, but it's his fault for not being available. He gives all these vague, repetitive statements on Twitter that don't explain exactly what's keeping him from things like training camp and practices. I used to be really excited about the guy being a Rocket, but he's wearing thin on me.

Future D1 Dad

well, i was trying to sympathize with the guy but i didn't know about the stuff on twitter. pretty crappy that he's not taking advantage of the mental help they're offering. sounds like a bad pick.

maybe he wants to pull a phil jackson type of deal. don't travel and just play home games.

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    well, i was trying to sympathize with the guy but i didn't know about the stuff on twitter. pretty crappy that he's not taking advantage of the mental help they're offering. sounds like a bad pick.

maybe he wants to pull a phil jackson type of deal. don't travel and just play home games.
    lol has any NBA player only played home games before?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    lol has any NBA player only played home games before?
    Blatche?*

*Not sure if right. Trying to make joke about some player, who had really awful road statistics.

The whole thing about having him only play home games is absolutely ludicrous.

If he can't meet the demands of his job, he needs to move on to another career. It's as simple as that. Look, I feel for his disorder, but if a regular person cannot attend work, they get fired. If Royce's disorder will not allow him to attend his job, he needs to get a new job.

Royce should not expect the Rockets to meet every one of his demands when he won't even go to therapy they have set up and he continues to spout off on Twitter about the organization.